Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm 

I can't help but notice there hasn't been a single significant post on Zappa.com since July, what is with this :? It seems that the ZFT has no interest in keeping the loyal fans informed or even remotely entertained. Why all the broken promises? Where are the new backgrounds, the E-cards, and screen savers, all said to be COMING SOON, perhaps any multimedia update more often than once a year? While I realize these trinkets don't amount to a hill of beans, I have a feeling that if FZ were still around with all this technology at his fingertips he wouldn't leave the fans starving for more. Its obvious that the ZFT's priorities don't include the fans, or maintaining the legacy of FZ for anyone but themselves. Oh well, maybe we can look forward to another compilation album of previously released material in the coming months :roll: I just needed to get that off my chest, I feel better now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 pm 

It's best not to expect anything. If they fool you once-shame on them. If they fool you twice-shame on you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 pm 

downer, it is indeed my own fault for having any expectations when it comes to the ZFT. However, I just don't see who is benefiting from this type of business practice; it seems it could beneficial on all sides if things were managed differently.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:35 pm 

Imagine ZFT as a Big monster Turtle it seem to move slow but in reality it go fast cuz its big :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 pm 

cory1984 wrote:
I just don't see who is benefiting from this type of business practice; it seems it could beneficial on all sides if things were managed differently.

Don't think of it as a business.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:26 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
cory1984 wrote:
I just don't see who is benefiting from this type of business practice; it seems it could beneficial on all sides if things were managed differently.

Don't think of it as a business.

I'm taking ZutboF's advice and thinking of it as a "big monster turtle" since we're drifting into the realm of fantasy. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:56 pm 

I like to think of it as a big slothful panda gorging itself on bamboo all day long.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:56 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I like to think of it as a big slothful panda gorging itself on bamboo all day long.

Aw, and would Gail like you to picture it that way too. Nice image, a big cute and cuddly vegan panda bear = The ZFT.

Is the bamboo symbolic of people then? :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:46 pm 

Is the bamboo symbolic of people then? :twisted: :mrgreen:[/quote]

If not whole people, then at least their souls. Yeah... a slothful soul sucking panda riding on the back of a big monster turtle...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:30 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:49 am 

HAHAHAHAHA! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:06 pm 

Golly people, come on! Gail is one busy person, and plus, I have to believe one of her paradigms is letting people discover for themselves the pure goodness of Frank.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:53 pm 

Exactly. She is far too busy answering posts like this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25283