Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:21 pm 

What a cool show. BOC played a 13 song, 1hr & 40min. set

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blue-oyst ... ea289.html

We brought in a cooler with beer and food. People were setting up little tables for there wine and cheese picnics; an obvious regular thing there. I'll be more prepared if I go to this park again. We found out that you can set your chairs up starting at 4pm. We got there @ 5:30p and still found an Ok spot. The stage was a tent over a two foot platform. The sound system was great. The band was moderately loud for a small park concert.

The sunset was amazing tonight as the band rocked hard. BOC again this Wednesday W/Deep Purple!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:34 pm 

Cool. That DP show is playing up here next Friday the same night we're going down to see ZPZ. Wish I could TiVo the DP show. ZPZ is going to be awesome though. Plook has set us up real nice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:15 am 

DP/BOC tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:33 am 

Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:02 pm 

Rock on Dave... 8)

KU no Limo they were outragous and even the Town Cars were off the hook...I booked a cab... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 pm 

Plook wrote:
Rock on Dave... 8)

KU no Limo they were outragous and even the Town Cars were off the hook...I booked a cab... :idea:

No problemo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 am 

Plook wrote:
Rock on Dave... 8)

Thanks Pat. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 pm 

The countdown is on...ZPZ on the Central Coast... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:24 pm 

I hope you guys get The Grand Wazoo. Make sure you line up early for entry. A spot in front of Scheila may be tough to get. Good travels for you and your group.

Kirk going?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:27 pm 

coevad wrote:
I hope you guys get The Grand Wazoo. Make sure you line up early for entry. A spot in front of Scheila may be tough to get. Good travels for you and your group.

Kirk going?

The Kapt is still stuck on his away mission and the radio is broken... :wink:

This is a pricy trip anyway, don't want him to spend all his Federation Ducketts on one show... :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:16 am 

Today is the day headed out to get Kapt.Kiirk, talked him into going, we will report back later!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:04 am 

The west is the best. Have a safe trip you freaks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:00 am 

We did all was awesome, tuff drive back but the glow of the weekend stuck for me...I think KU got perminent whiteknuckles from that drive... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:41 am 

Plook wrote:
We did all was awesome, tuff drive back but the glow of the weekend stuck for me...I think KU got perminent whiteknuckles from that drive... :mrgreen:

I've rechristened you Dale Plookhardt Jr. :mrgreen: I gained confidence in your driving as time went on. You are an aggressive driver but a good driver. All the same, I might just have to follow along in the Ugly Mobile next time taking things at my own pace and meet you there. :idea: In all sincerity though, thank you for organizing this very cool getaway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26 am 

To anyone in the Los Angeles area this Sunday the 17th. $11.00 tix.
Egyptian Theatre
6712 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028

TURN UP THE RADIO: L.A. ROCK ON FILM
Gail Zappa, Moon Zappa, Haskell Wexler & More In Person!
“Bunny Bunny Bunny” / “Cheepnis” / UNCLE MEAT
Presented by the American Cinematheque and co-sponsored by Amoeba Music and Santa Monica Press.
Special guest speakers include Gail Zappa, Steve Vai, cinematographer Haskell Wexler, Jeff Stein, Ahmet Zappa, Joe Travers, and "Bunny Bunny Bunny" stars Moon Zappa and Kyle Richards.
World Premiere!
“Bunny Bunny Bunny” (ca. 1987, 20 min.) Directed and produced by Frank Zappa, this one-camera shoot stars daughter Moon Zappa (a couple of years after their radio hit “Valley Girl”) in improvised dialogue with her best friend Kyle Richards and her cousin Lala Sloatman.
“Cheepnis” (1973, 10 min.) Featuring the only footage Zappa cut together from his legendary 1973 Roxy concerts, “Cheepnis” sings the praises of low-budget monster movies. This short documents the director, bandleader, songwriter and musician at work.

Followed by:

UNCLE MEAT
1987, 100 min, USA, Dir: Frank Zappa
Frank Zappa began directing The Mothers of Invention’s one and only movie, UNCLE MEAT, less than two years after the group’s 1965 debut but it did not see release until 1987. Colorful footage from their “Absolutely Free”-era residency at the Garrick Theater in New York, and from the Sgt. Pepper/psychedelia-mocking “We’re Only in it for the Money” album cover shoot is mixed with orchestral bits from a 1968 concert at London’s Royal Festival Hall. Plus you get Rodney Bingenheimer, Linda Ronstadt, Meredith Monk and others along for the ride at the legendary Hollywood Ranch Market on Vine Street. Camerawork by the great Haskell Wexler.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:28 am 

coevad wrote:
To anyone in the Los Angeles area this Sunday the 17th. $11.00 tix.
Egyptian Theatre
6712 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028

TURN UP THE RADIO: L.A. ROCK ON FILM
Gail Zappa, Moon Zappa, Haskell Wexler & More In Person!
“Bunny Bunny Bunny” / “Cheepnis” / UNCLE MEAT
Presented by the American Cinematheque and co-sponsored by Amoeba Music and Santa Monica Press.
Special guest speakers include Gail Zappa, Steve Vai, cinematographer Haskell Wexler, Jeff Stein, Ahmet Zappa, Joe Travers, and "Bunny Bunny Bunny" stars Moon Zappa and Kyle Richards.
World Premiere!
“Bunny Bunny Bunny” (ca. 1987, 20 min.) Directed and produced by Frank Zappa, this one-camera shoot stars daughter Moon Zappa (a couple of years after their radio hit “Valley Girl”) in improvised dialogue with her best friend Kyle Richards and her cousin Lala Sloatman.
“Cheepnis” (1973, 10 min.) Featuring the only footage Zappa cut together from his legendary 1973 Roxy concerts, “Cheepnis” sings the praises of low-budget monster movies. This short documents the director, bandleader, songwriter and musician at work.

Followed by:

UNCLE MEAT
1987, 100 min, USA, Dir: Frank Zappa
Frank Zappa began directing The Mothers of Invention’s one and only movie, UNCLE MEAT, less than two years after the group’s 1965 debut but it did not see release until 1987. Colorful footage from their “Absolutely Free”-era residency at the Garrick Theater in New York, and from the Sgt. Pepper/psychedelia-mocking “We’re Only in it for the Money” album cover shoot is mixed with orchestral bits from a 1968 concert at London’s Royal Festival Hall. Plus you get Rodney Bingenheimer, Linda Ronstadt, Meredith Monk and others along for the ride at the legendary Hollywood Ranch Market on Vine Street. Camerawork by the great Haskell Wexler.

This sounds awesome, I don't get there until wednesday... :|

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 am 

I'm still toying with the idea of going to see Living Colour in Petaluma October 3rd. Petaluma is also home of the Lagunitas Brewery so there is definitely some potential here. I may even consider going solo on this one if I can't get any of the other Zealots to go.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:08 am 

KUIII wrote:
I'm still toying with the idea of going to see Living Colour in Petaluma October 3rd. Petaluma is also home of the Lagunitas Brewery so there is definitely some potential here. I may even consider going solo on this one if I can't get any of the other Zealots to go.

I will check my schedule when it get closer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:39 pm 

Last minute gig for me tonight at Centerfield Sports Bar in Huntington Beach. Kirk Vickers Band - 9-1am
Songs I'm relearning today.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Sublime - Bad Fish
Steve Miller - The Joker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:51 pm 

coevad wrote:
Last minute gig for me tonight at Centerfield Sports Bar in Huntington Beach. Kirk Vickers Band - 9-1am

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Sublime - Bad Fish
Steve Miller - The Joker

I knew you were a musician but what is your primary instrument?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:34 pm 

KUIII wrote:
coevad wrote:

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Sublime - Bad Fish
Steve Miller - The Joker

Tuba.... :mrgreen: ...I sorry I could resist, carry on... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:06 pm 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:
coevad wrote:

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Sublime - Bad Fish
Steve Miller - The Joker

Tuba.... :mrgreen: ...I sorry I could resist, carry on... :smoke:

I was betting on a sousaphone :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:03 am 

Lead electric triangle, maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am 

I'm a bassist you buttheads. :P

The night went well. Except for the DUI checkpoint half a mile down the road. We thought it would be dead all night. There were about 35 heads in the place at one point.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:56 pm 

:wink: [quote="coevad"]I'm a bassist you buttheads. :P

The night went well. Except for the DUI checkpoint half a mile down the road. We thought it would be dead all night. There were about 35 heads in the place at one point.[ Dave...

Dam cops...I knew you were a bassist, but I had to let it play out, sorry dave... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next