Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Philostopher wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

You wouldn't want to see mine then. I had a mastectomy of the left breast a few years ago. A few of the clever geniuses I work with have nicknamed me "uno". I'm certainly not above making fun of myself, but it kind of bothers me because that procedure is very traumatic for a woman. I don't really think it's a topic that should be joked about.

Anyway, on to my question. Is your husband a Zappa fan, and if not does he understand your passion? My ex never got it. She thought some of the songs were funny, but she never really got it. My son gets it though. I think it's the guitar player in him. :mrgreen:


He is the reason I love Zappa. :)


Were you a Deadhead first?


I don't think so, I think it was pretty much simultaneous. My husband has two older brothers and a mother that have great taste in music and so when I met him he was 15 years old and already knew and taught me a ton about music.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1480
Location: Huntingdon, TN
zappagirl wrote:
I don't think so, I think it was pretty much simultaneous. My husband has two older brothers and a mother that have great taste in music and so when I met him he was 15 years old and already knew and taught me a ton about music.


Ahh, the older brothers. Some of my greatest music was discovered as a teenager by pilfering the album collections of the older brothers of my childhood friends.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:32 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Novi, Michigan
Philostopher wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
I don't think so, I think it was pretty much simultaneous. My husband has two older brothers and a mother that have great taste in music and so when I met him he was 15 years old and already knew and taught me a ton about music.


Ahh, the older brothers. Some of my greatest music was discovered as a teenager by pilfering the album collections of the older brothers of my childhood friends.
Older sisters too. Mine used to leave her 45's and albums all over the floor, not even in their sleeves. From when I was probably five or six years old, whenever she was away I would borrow them. One time she told our Mom I was always borrowing her records. Mom said "How do you know that? You shouldn't accuse him unless you have proof". My sister said "When I go away they're all dusty, lying on the floor, and when I come home they've been cleaned off and put in their sleeves!". I discovered Zappa when I was fifteen and started playing his albums for my younger sister, who loved FZ, and still does. She was only ten! Yes, that's me, The Evil Corrupter of Youth.

_________________
Hey, pass me the dog food.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
ReetyAwrighty wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
I don't think so, I think it was pretty much simultaneous. My husband has two older brothers and a mother that have great taste in music and so when I met him he was 15 years old and already knew and taught me a ton about music.


Ahh, the older brothers. Some of my greatest music was discovered as a teenager by pilfering the album collections of the older brothers of my childhood friends.
Older sisters too. Mine used to leave her 45's and albums all over the floor, not even in their sleeves. From when I was probably five or six years old, whenever she was away I would borrow them. One time she told our Mom I was always borrowing her records. Mom said "How do you know that? You shouldn't accuse him unless you have proof". My sister said "When I go away they're all dusty, lying on the floor, and when I come home they've been cleaned off and put in their sleeves!". I discovered Zappa when I was fifteen and started playing his albums for my younger sister, who loved FZ, and still does. She was only ten! Yes, that's me, The Evil Corrupter of Youth.


I am the older sister. But I only taught my little sisters bad habits.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1480
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Didn't mean to be gender specific, it's just most of my experiences were with older brother's record collections when I was younger.

Just popped in to say hey. Hope you have a wonderful day today!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 1352
Location: Paris, France
Plook wrote:
Love your nails... :mrgreen:
Course, she must be a libra.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Philostopher wrote:
Didn't mean to be gender specific, it's just most of my experiences were with older brother's record collections when I was younger.

Just popped in to say hey. Hope you have a wonderful day today!


I always wished I had an older brother, I hated being the oldest.

My day started at 4:00 am. But I had a little nap in my room and now I'm sitting at the Luxor in Vegas enjoying a Scotch so it's good. :D

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2164
Enjoying a scotch at the Luxor in Las Vegas sounds like a very good thing to be doing. I used to hate scotch but I've been flirting with it over the last 5 years or so. I've taken a liking to an occasional Glenfiddich.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
I've only been drinking Scotch for a few months but I already like the smokey, peaty Islay's best. I was drinking 16 year old Lagavulin last night. It was pretty god damn spectacular.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Me at my cousin's wedding last weekend.

Image

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19976
Location: Somewhere in time
Looking good Z-Girl, we need to see you in your Super Hero outfit... :wink:


To bad you and the Hubby couldn't come up to SLO we had a great time at the show... :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Plook wrote:
Looking good Z-Girl, we need to see you in your Super Hero outfit... :wink:


To bad you and the Hubby couldn't come up to SLO we had a great time at the show... :!:



:) Thanks Plook!

Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a good time. Unfortunately, we've been so consumed with trying to buy a house that we've really not gone on any trips for quite some time. :cry:


But it looks like I might be in SF next week. I should know for sure by mid-week.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19976
Location: Somewhere in time
zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
Looking good Z-Girl, we need to see you in your Super Hero outfit... :wink:


To bad you and the Hubby couldn't come up to SLO we had a great time at the show... :!:



:) Thanks Plook!

Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a good time. Unfortunately, we've been so consumed with trying to buy a house that we've really not gone on any trips for quite some time. :cry:


But it looks like I might be in SF next week. I should know for sure by mid-week.



That's funny I'm in LA next week and the week after... :|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8462
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
Looking good Z-Girl, we need to see you in your Super Hero outfit... :wink:


To bad you and the Hubby couldn't come up to SLO we had a great time at the show... :!:



:) Thanks Plook!

Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a good time. Unfortunately, we've been so consumed with trying to buy a house that we've really not gone on any trips for quite some time. :cry:


But it looks like I might be in SF next week. I should know for sure by mid-week.



That's funny I'm in LA next week and the week after... :|


(In my best Barry White voice)
Like ships that pass in the night


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
Looking good Z-Girl, we need to see you in your Super Hero outfit... :wink:


To bad you and the Hubby couldn't come up to SLO we had a great time at the show... :!:



:) Thanks Plook!

Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a good time. Unfortunately, we've been so consumed with trying to buy a house that we've really not gone on any trips for quite some time. :cry:


But it looks like I might be in SF next week. I should know for sure by mid-week.



That's funny I'm in LA next week and the week after... :|


Huh....well isn't that inconvenient. I will be in SF Tuesday night.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19976
Location: Somewhere in time
Well let me know if you all want to have lunch or something when you get back... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1480
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Looking good there. I live in a male dominated world. We haven't figured out how to match our clothes. Plook has way more experience in that field than I do. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Plook wrote:
Well let me know if you all want to have lunch or something when you get back... :idea:


OK. I might have to stay up there until Thursday now. My schedule is changing by the hour.....ugh.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Philostopher wrote:
Looking good there. I live in a male dominated world. We haven't figured out how to match our clothes. Plook has way more experience in that field than I do. :wink:


:D I worked so hard to find that little matching peach purse.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19976
Location: Somewhere in time
zappagirl wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
Looking good there. I live in a male dominated world. We haven't figured out how to match our clothes. Plook has way more experience in that field than I do. :wink:


:D I worked so hard to find that little matching peach purse.



Z-Girl in Peaches En Regalia... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2286
zappagirl wrote:
I worked so hard to find that little matching peach purse.

And I didn't even notice it!
Typical (of me).

It is a fine purse, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19976
Location: Somewhere in time
What's up Z-Girl, still headed to SF?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Plook wrote:
What's up Z-Girl, still headed to SF?


Yep, I am here. But I thought you were in LA?

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19976
Location: Somewhere in time
zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
What's up Z-Girl, still headed to SF?


Yep, I am here. But I thought you were in LA?



San Diego, head to Long Beach today and will be there until next Wednesday...I'm like where's Waldo...lol... :lol:

You can use the Plook on Tour thread to track my where abouts I keep it up to date... :idea:

You dropped off the radar I thought you were trapped on a remote planet with Kapt.Kiirk... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 665
Location: Hollywood, CA
Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:
What's up Z-Girl, still headed to SF?


Yep, I am here. But I thought you were in LA?



San Diego, head to Long Beach today and will be there until next Wednesday...I'm like where's Waldo...lol... :lol:

You can use the Plook on Tour thread to track my where abouts I keep it up to date... :idea:

You dropped off the radar I thought you were trapped on a remote planet with Kapt.Kiirk... :mrgreen:


I feel like I've been to another planet. One called Hell.

_________________
.......
I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group