Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: more shows?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:46 am 

I heard about an interview with Gail (done by Miss Pamela) that mentioned more vault releases. where is this interview?<br><br>also I heard Gail "complaining" about the lack of interest in the FZ:OZ release - that it was a one time only thing - an act of love to the fans.<br><br>can anybody enlighten me, please?<br><br>thanks<br>eckhard<br><br>anything, anytime, anywhere - for no reason at all

Post subject: Re: more shows?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:23 pm 

Great article/interview! Thanks.<br><br>About FZ:OZ... I hope sales will go way up when it's "out there"... I know I would have pre-ordered it, but I didn't have the money then...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:46 am 

Yes, she stated that there supposedly 100 releases available!?!?<br><br>Here's the part that gets me on her commentary about not enough FZ:OZ pre-sales, blah, blah, blah:<br><br>THEY DID *ZERO* ADVERTISING!  Instead of worrying about how many people are going to pre-order by advertising on their NEVER-updated website (I'm talkin' 'bout the *OLD* one, but of course), they should have taken out a nice half/full-page ad in Rolling Stone or High Times or *SOMETHING* and advertisted that they were doing pre-sales at www.zappa.com and then they could've easily met their quota....  Didn't this ever dawn on them?  Sure it costs some money to put an ad out like that but how about all the money/time/effort they've put into all of their other projects that haven't seen the light of day?<br><br>It's depressing....<br> :'( :P :'(

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:18 pm 

I hope this is all true **fingers crossed**  Should I start making room on my cd shelf for 100 new FZ releases??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:44 am 

Great Great Great! Best music news since the invention of the electric guitar!<br><br>Just keep the shows comming out ....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:41 am 

Well,<br><br>For the next Vaulternative release, a reliable source has given me the secret word: "Halloween"  In fact, in time for 10/31/02! <br><br>I know it's NOT a complete NYC Palladium show.  That's all I have been told.<br><br>This is the "plan". As we know, "time is an affliction"<br><br><br>And I mean RELIABLE! <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:54 pm 

Coooool! I really hope we get to see 4 or 5 new releases a year, like Gail says. In fact, 1 or 2 every year would already be more than great......

--------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:17 am 

<br>[quote author=Yomama link=board=zappaning&num=1029851210&start=0#7 date=08/28/02 at 12:41:18]<br>And I mean RELIABLE! [/quote]<br><br>Has Uncle Frank been talking to you in your sleep again?<br><br> ;D

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:25 am 

Actually, Penguin...I have had many interactions w/FZ in that altered state known as sleep even before he died. <br><br>But no, remeber FZ isn't the one responsible for the Vaulternative releases....but JT has a little something to do with them...and this info was passed throw e-mail not by astral projection!<br><br>  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:01 am 

Well I would love to be proved wrong on this but I don't think we will see another release this year :'(.<br>History tells us that progress will be painfully slow, my copy of FZ:OZ has not arrived yet and I would be astonished if ZFT get their act together to have another cd set ready to ship in 2 months time(halloween).<br>Like I said at the start I really hope I get proved wrong but.....................

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:33 am 

What Is this A Quiz? Don`t you worry what is is...<br>Ohhh, I don´t care what it is, I want it. But, if there`s really gonna be up to 70 more releases, I need another job. OZ has cost me 50 Euros (approx. =Dollars). I simply can`t afford it!!! Not very two months, which it would be. Otherwise, at the momentairy time-sedule, it means a 35-year plan or something.<br><br>I prefer new stuff, too. But, some things on OZ ARE new. This band in adequate sound, Napoleon singing Enema Bandid and the Sixties tunes... and KAiser Rolls.<br>So, I like so see different versions from so far unreleased bands, like some tunes on Lost Episodes.<br>I mean, another complete show from 1971 would be superfluous I feel. You`d have things double that have already been released. Same goes for 1988. Really need another 88 version of Stinkfoot or Black Page???<br>not really. But an 1988 Sharleena/Pound For A Brown/Beatles Medley/Wilie The Pimp.... - YES! But it woult have to be a smpler like TBBYNHIYL ot MAJNH. That`s a lo more work, to compile a double set out of many gigs... <br>GRAND WAZOO???? Yeah, that is new to us, since this is another too-less covered ara!!!!<br>Same for 1970 and 1980 Fall Tour... we`ll see...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:02 pm 

FYI: I asked GZ last night @ the US premiere of the documentary film "Phase II - The Big Note" by Frank Sheffer about "Trance-Fusion", "Dance Me This" and the Edgard Varese album. She said 'T-F' will "probably be out next fall", that she wasn't sure about 'Dance Me..' and briefly explained that there were some legal issues with the Varese estate, delaying that release.<br>jCIVIL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:10 pm 

RE: Ronnie's_Noomies; I, too am jonesing for new FZ music; NB: practically the only NEW music will be Synclavier works, of which FZ, ca. 1993 [per Ben Watson, FZ&TNDOPP] had 'between 250 & 300 in the works'. (I've all the official original work; these contain but 2 recordings of Moggio, one on '...Utopia' and a live one on 'YCDTOSA vol. 5' disc 2. ?)<br>jCIII