Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:17 am 

In the Official Catalogue (http://www.zappa.com/fz/content/discogr ... graphy.pdf) it says:<br><br>71. Halloween (Zappa) October 2002<br><br>Would be great! Any new OFFICIAL information on this one???<br><br>AAAFNRAA!!!!<br><br>Corné

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:17 am 

called barfko-swill and they know nothing about it. ??? :'(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:07 am 

<br>[quote author=MrBickford link=board=zappaning&num=1035371857&start=0#2 date=10/23/02 at 11:24:44]<br>Read the news at joe travers site...it's nowhere near it's release date yet....<br><br>http://www.joetravers.com/menu.html<br><br>O, can DVD-audio be played on a regular CD player, if not, man DOES THAT SUCK!!!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>a dvd-audio will not play in your cd-player, because it requires surround 5.1 sound (see elsewhere on this forum). it will maybe play in your dvd-player, if you have a new one. <br><br>so as far as i see it, this is going to be a dynamite product... i won't buy a new player just to be able to listen to a compilation of the Halloween Shows from 1978. i mean, they were always talking about the complete show of Halloween 78. <br><br>Joe tells us that it will released early 2003.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:34 am 

If it is indeed to be released, don't forget Holland....<br>My little brother has a Playstation 2, so i figure i can play the release on that thingy, can't i ????<br><br>If i could just get my brother to leave it alone for 71 minutes....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:40 pm 

From what Joe Travers told me in an email, you will need to have a DTS decoder connected to your DVD player.  It will not work on a Dolby Pro-Logic or 5.1 Digital Surround, only DTS.