Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: (D)weasel ?????
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:03 am 

Man, has Dweezil lost it or what ???<br>No offense, he's a great guy and an awesome axe-player, but what i saw today on the news: unbelievable....<br>I was at work today, and during my lunchbreak i (and my collegues) saw the One o'clock news on television.<br>After all the usual topics (War against terror, Saddam being a naughty boy and Blair kissing Bush his ass....) there was a topic about Jimi Hendrix his guitar and that guitar being sold by the son of the other famous guitarist,Frank Zappa,who also played on that very same instrument:Dweezil Zappa.<br>I said: Hey cool, Frank Zappa.... (it was the first time i actually saw or heard about Zappa on television since his death, so it was kinda cool)<br>I watched this piece of news: there was an little interview of Dweezil being showed and a piece of Dweezil playing on the guitar, to show that it still works and sounds very, very good.<br>(Great guitar playing, by the way, Dweezil....)<br>But then came the news that THE GUITAR wasn't being sold, because the highest price someone was willing to pay for this guitar was still to little for Dweezil.<br>Someone was willing to pay some 400.000 Euro's (i live in the Netherlands, in Europe) for it.<br>That's almost the same in DOLLARS i believe....<br>I can't believe this: someone wants to pay 400.000 for this, and Dweezil just says: NO, i can get even more for this...<br>What's up with him: does he already have enough money ????<br>(Of course not, because if he did, he wouldn't be selling it...)<br>He needed the money to repair/rebuild/modify his studio, so i would say: THAT amount of money should take care of (at least) a part of that modification....<br>I don't think Dweezil will get any more money for that guitar, so i'm wondering what he's going to do next....

Post subject: Re: (D)weasel ?????
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:21 am 

Hi, it's me.....i'm back.........<br>Well the above-mentioned story also stood in the newspaper today and the exact amount of money Dweezil could have taken home with him was 300.000 English Pounds....<br>But he wanted at least 340.000 Pounds for it, so he just said:''NO...."<br>Unbelievable, i mean: if i am not mistaking, 300.000 pounds is almost (or actually IS) a MILLION DOLLARS (correct me if i'm wrong) but he didn't do it.<br>There actually is somebody out there willing to pay a huge amount of money for that guitar and i hope he will rethink his actions. He has a week worth of time to rethink is answer (according to the newspaper) and i hope that somewhere during the next 7 days Dweezil will step forward and actually say:''Yes, i accept your 300.000 pound offer.''<br>Because i really doubt if there is somebody out there who is willing to pay EVEN MORE money for it.<br>Even if the guitar is burned by Jimi and fixed and played on by Frank, in the end it's a guitar....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:28 am 

<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=zappaning&num=1032969815&start=0#1 date=09/25/02 at 11:21:18]<br>Unbelievable, i mean: if i am not mistaking, 300.000 pounds is almost (or actually IS) a MILLION DOLLARS (correct me if i'm wrong) but he didn't do it.<br>[/quote] <br><br>No, it's $466,050.02, according to ebay.com. Still a lot of money...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:33 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=Studebaker link=board=zappaning&num=1032969815&start=0#2 date=09/25/02 at 11:28:15]<br><br> <br><br>No, it's $466,050.02, according to ebay.com. Still a lot of money... <br>[/quote]<br>Calling Paul Allen, I have a used OZ here fur sale.<br><br>My worst fear's confirmed; Dweezil's a crack addict!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:22 am 

A question to Drooling_Savant:<br>What do you mean: Dweezil a crack addict ??????

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:21 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=zappaning&num=1032969815&start=0#5 date=09/27/02 at 05:22:52]<br>A question to Drooling_Savant:<br>What do you mean: Dweezil a crack addict ??????<br>[/quote]<br>It's a joke!!!  "Crack" is free-base cocaine, very addicting!  I made a joke about Dweezil holding out for the most money.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:09 pm 

<br>[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=zappaning&num=1032969815&start=0#6 date=09/27/02 at 06:21:12]<br><br>It's a joke!!!  "Crack" is free-base cocaine, very addicting!  I made a joke about Dweezil holding out for the most money.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Thanx for explaining...<br>I live in the Netherlands, so i am used to another type of jokes, but thanx for reciting it anyway......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:29 am 

that he is trying to sell this wonderful guitar only shows, that he is not into music anymore, it's all about money.<br><br>I would never sell this guitar, i mean HENDRIX and your own father played this guitar. 2 guitar gods... I would keep it in a shrine...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:32 am 

[quote author=Sister Ob dewlla B link=board=zappaning;num=1032969815;start=0#8 date=10/12/02 at 05:29:01]<br>I would never sell this guitar, i mean HENDRIX and your own father played this guitar. 2 guitar gods... I would keep it in a shrine...[/quote]<br>I woul keep it in a shrine too, no doubt!!!<br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:47 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=zappaning;num=1032969815;start=0#11 date=11/04/02 at 22:09:48]Why the fuck is he selling it anyway? It's clear that he really doesn't want to part with it, right? I mean, that's an obscene amount of money to turn down. [/quote]<br><br>Yes, i think you're right...<br>If he really needed the money, i think he would have sold it that day...<br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:46 am 

He stated in an interview the money was to go to maintaing the vault. Why the "specific" ceiling on the price, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:11 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=zappaning;num=1032969815;start=0#13 date=12/06/02 at 05:25:21]<br><br>The reserve price on the guitar was probably $500,000, and it's worth that. ....<br>[/quote]<br><br>if a baseball card(T206 Honus Wagner  PSA 8 NM-MT  1996) sold for $640,500 ....<br><br>...and some guy paid $2.7 million for mark mcguire's #70 Home Run baseball....who t.f. is mark mcguire??<br><br><br>that guitar is worth $500k<br>

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:05 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=zappaning;num=1032969815;start=15#16 date=05/30/03 at 00:11:52]<br><br>...who t.f. is mark mcguire??<br><br>[/quote]<br>That's what us Aussies would like to know....(I heard somewhere that he is one).  We usually prefer cricket.