Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Performance in L.A.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:50 am 

Hi Folks,<br>  I'm new to the list, and have enjoyed Franks' music since I was very young. I once met him before a show in '84, and gave him a tape which included a performance of a band I was in playing The Black Page #2, and Tamershey Duween. <br>   If any of you are in the Pasadena area of L.A., I will be playing a show in La Canada next weekend (9/13), and one whole set will comprised of FZ pieces, including the Page #2, and Dupree's Paradise. <br>   The show is free, and I play an instrument called a Warr Guitar, on which I play guitar, bass, and synth simultaneously. Trey Gunn uses the same brand of instrument with King Crimson. There is also a drummer, and a keyboard player.  <br>   For more info, please see:<br>http://www.home.earthlink.net/~mrjwright<br><br>Thanks,<br>JW

Post subject: Re: Performance in L.A.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:41 am 

Hey Broccoli,<br>   Thanks for the welcome. I wish I could come and play for you. It seems there is a lot more action on the Zappa front in Europe. You all seem to take our best musicians much more seriously than we do. <br>   The mention of his name here is likely to cause suspicion, as much as interest, but all the European musicians I have met seem to love Franks music. <br>   There is a chance the show will be recorded and video taped. If it comes out well, myabe I will post some of it on my website.<br>JW