Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:30 am 

Parts of the "The Keeper of the Flame" interview with Gail Zappa in Mojo magazine january 2004: <br> <br>Also just released is the Ensemble Modern on RCA playing the music of Frank Zappa. Another classical project is a documentary made by dutch film maker Frank Scheffer. He wants to make a film about Frank the composer. We are just trying to raise the money and finish it as a feature film by the end of next year! <br> <br>Further audio releases include the much noted Trance-Fusion and Dance me This sets. <br> <br>Then there is two CD/Film projects, the first a collection of of Frank's performances of composer Edgar varèse, the second a new version of 1974's Roxy and Elsewhere live set. <br> <br>The Roxy is archive footage with all the material Frank allready mixed. There is a whole other cd, but the problem is that there is no synchronisation. It took a lot of money to put it together. Now we have 4 hours of raw footage to deal with. We have just started going thru (tapes of ) interviews so now we have Frank telling us what we should do with certain things. He is still the boss!  <br> <br> <br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:09 am 

UNICA !<br><br>AS I SAID ELSEWHERE :<br><br>YOU MADE MY DAY !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:29 am 

[quote author=unica link=board=zappaning;num=1072348224;start=0#0 date=12/25/03 at 02:30:24]Parts of the "The Keeper of the Flame" interview with Gail Zappa in Mojo magazine january 2004: <br> <br>Also just released is the Ensemble Modern on RCA playing the music of Frank Zappa. Another classical project is a documentary made by dutch film maker Frank Scheffer. He wants to make a film about Frank the composer. We are just trying to raise the money and finish it as a feature film by the end of next year! <br> <br>Further audio releases include the much noted Trance-Fusion and Dance me This sets. <br> <br>Then there is two CD/Film projects, the first a collection of of Frank's performances of composer Edgar varèse, the second a new version of 1974's Roxy and Elsewhere live set. <br> <br>The Roxy is archive footage with all the material Frank allready mixed. There is a whole other cd, but the problem is that there is no synchronisation. It took a lot of money to put it together. Now we have 4 hours of raw footage to deal with. We have just started going thru (tapes of ) interviews so now we have Frank telling us what we should do with certain things. He is still the boss!  <br> <br> <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>oh my goodness<br><br>i can't count anymore how often we heard it in the last ten years, that DMT, Trance-Fusion and The Rage and the Fury "will soon come out". Ha hah hah.<br>These recordings are finished and withheld without any reason since Frank's passing. <br><br>And of course, vaulternative will bring out 2-3 releases each year...<br><br>Sorry, i will believe it when i have them in my hands<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:54 am 

Hey Unica what's up with the avatar...<br><br><br>Image<br><br><br>[center]JERK IT !!![/center]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:36 pm 

[quote author=unica link=board=zappaning;num=1072348224;start=0#0 date=12/25/03 at 02:30:24]...Further audio releases include the much noted Trance-Fusion and Dance me This sets... [/quote]probably a typo, but my copy reads:<br><br>mojo
Quote:
[font=courier][center]Further audio releases include <br>the much mooted Trance-Fusion <br>and Dance me This sets[/center][/font]
<br>does that mean it's moot because most fans have a boot copy....hope not[hr]<br>[quote author=Sister Ob dewlla B link=board=zappaning;num=1072348224;start=0#2 date=12/30/03 at 05:29:21]...i can't count anymore how often we heard it in the last ten years, that DMT, Trance-Fusion and The Rage and the Fury "will soon come out". ...<br>...Sorry, i will believe it when i have them in my hands[/quote]true, but how many times have you heard it coming from gail; most of the time it's rumor/speculation[hr]<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=zappaning;num=1072348224;start=0#3 date=12/31/03 at 04:54:38]Hey Unica what's up with the avatar...<br>[img width=85 height=77]http://www.progmaniac.de/zappa/zappaAni1.gif[/img]...[/quote]<br>it's the intro to variations on the charlos santana serchret chord prochressions<br>