Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: just wanted to say hi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:28 pm 

hi, i've just joined this wonderful site. i only discovered FZ about two years ago, & what a marvellous two years it's been!! <br>i had some spare money one day, & saw strictly commercial in the stands & thought, why not? i've heard the name before, he's supposed to be kinda weird, & hey, if it's no good i'll sell it. well, by the time that peaches had finished playing, i was hooked. in the past two years, i've been collecting like mad (only about a dozen albums left now), & trying to convert everyone i know. <br>anyway, that's all i got's to say for now.<br>b.w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:01 pm 

thats good news buddy.  welcome aboard and feel free to do whatev.........................know what i mean? 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:27 pm 

Welcome, burnt weeny, welcome! Lucky you to have discovered his music---maybe you'll have DHBIM and BBSNX on DVD someday, perhaps even find a cheapie copy of 200 MOTELS on vid. That way you can see the man in action. Too bad we only have film  :'( but at least we have that and his music, plus printed and downloaded interviews. I envy you the beginning of your adventure! ;D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:03 am 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=zappaning;num=1073705313;start=0#2 date=01/09/04 at 23:27:01]Welcome, burnt weeny, welcome! Lucky you to have discovered his music---maybe you'll have DHBIM and BBSNX on DVD someday, [/quote]<br>As a newbie, you may not have worked out what these are yet, but the films Does Humor Belong In Music and Baby Snakes.<br><br>Anyway, welcome to the joint. You may be here for some time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:20 am 

Hiya Burnt Weeny, welcome to the forum. Have fun here, and have fun with with your new discovery(:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:32 am 

[quote author=burnt_weeny link=board=zappaning;num=1073705313;start=0#0 date=01/09/04 at 19:28:33]hi, i've just joined this wonderful site. i only discovered FZ about two years ago, & what a marvellous two years it's been!! <br>i had some spare money one day, & saw strictly commercial in the stands & thought, why not? i've heard the name before, he's supposed to be kinda weird, & hey, if it's no good i'll sell it. well, by the time that peaches had finished playing, i was hooked. in the past two years, i've been collecting like mad (only about a dozen albums left now), & trying to convert everyone i know. <br>anyway, that's all i got's to say for now.<br>b.w[/quote]<br><br>Welcome BW  and an arf arf to you too.  BTW, one of my favorite sandwiches.  Esp with a good kosher hot dog.  I don't how well the conversion efforts work, the right sounds have to hit the right ear, but i applaud your enthusiasm.  Have fun and enjoy the music.  FZ opens up your mind to all sorts of good stuff.<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:23 pm 

[quote author=Peaches En Regalia link=board=zappaning;num=1073705313;start=0#6 date=01/10/04 at 22:04:24]<br><br><br>BTW 1nce you come you can't leave![/quote]<br><br><br>Oh, I only meant to hang around for a few weeks & then quietly slink out the back door.....it's what Frank would have wanted. ;D