Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:34 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=zappaning;num=1072024542;start=15#28 date=01/15/04 at 11:31:26]<br><br><br>Thnx Zardie :-* u probably saved my life here, buttuh just a few questions:<br><br>Where do they sell it ??<br><br>Whats the price ??<br><br>Did u try it yerself ??<br><br>If not, why not ??<br><br>If yes, was it any good ??<br><br>And it tasted like ?? (fill in the blank, pleaz 8))<br><br>Can u keep it outside the fridge ??<br><br>And perhaps the most important question:<br><br> What the hell is it ?? :o [/quote]<br><br>Forget it !<br>It looks very bad, even for a monster like me.<br>Have you tried hommos, babagamush, gaspaccio ?<br>They are all safer.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:08 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=zappaning;num=1072024542;start=30#30 date=01/16/04 at 07:54:49]<br><br>Hey Suzie Creamcheese ::)<br><br>No I haven't, the only recipe I have 4 the things u quoted is Gazpacho, but I don't like the idea of cold soup (perhaps I will in summertime)<br><br>Pleaz tell me what is hommos + babagamush??[/quote]<br><br>Hommos (or hummus) is a middle-east speciality made with chick-peas, tahina (a sesame cream), olive oil, lemon. It is a "cream", usually good with pitta bread and falafels. But you can eat it alone without bread etc.<br><br>I was wrong with the name babagamush, which is in fact fried slices of eggplants with tomato etc. <br><br>There is another middle-east speciality made with mixed cooked eggplants, olive oil, tahina but I have forgotten the real name. It is similar to hommos but made with eggplants.<br>Both are very very tasty (at least to me).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:13 am 

Hummus tastes good. Especially with Pita bread especially like moviemonster stated. Alfalfa sprouts and portabella mushrooms are a nice addition to this if you want to make a sandwich out of it. That or your a vegetarian.   ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:14 pm 

So, how's the patient?<br>Doing better, I hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:30 pm 

..ZeeFee, I didn't know all this was happening to you,...I don't usually frequent this portion of the Forum...I'm really sorry, I would've wished you well, I feel sooo bad...!! I hope you're feeling better,... and will be able to eat regular stuff soon!!!...Chin up,.......(oops sorry.... it's just an expression.).. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[<br>...PM me if you'd like....     FEEL BETTER!!!!<br>                 <br>                                                 Zai,.. ;D ;D<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:09 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=zappaning;num=1072024542;start=30#30 date=01/16/04 at 07:54:49]<br><br>Pleaz tell me what is hommos + babagamush??[/quote]<br>Zeefee, its actually spelt "baba ghanouj" and its beautiful. Serves as a kind of paste that can be eaten by itself but is also good spread on anything.<br><br>Check this out  >>> Here<br><br>There's a recipe on the site for hummus also, which is nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:06 am 

Sorry Bernie, I took the trouble 2 print the recipes, but I forgot my list when I went shopping....<br><br><br>[move] :) Anyway 2morrow = first slice of bread since 21 December 2003 day :) [/move]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:53 am 

accordumda mi calcoolatshums, yous gettin sum reel food damorra?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:37 am 

I Gotta ask..... after 6 weeks with no food...<br><br>what's the first thing you are having to eat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:29 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=zappaning;num=1072024542;start=45#46 date=01/28/04 at 07:40:34]<br><br><br>4 ur info: nor does liquid food  :P<br><br>I'm busy with my food all day  :o, on tonites menu there is tagliatelle with tuna, tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs and cream 2 b served with ciabatta   :-*[/quote]<br><br>ZF, please, tell me that you don't put cream on tagliatelle with tunafish...please.....<br>In any case, tuna-tomato-olive oil_garlic-herbs sauce  is far better with spaghetti.<br><br>Buon Appetito !<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:46 am 

The mustard soup is what got me...never heard of that...so I did a web search...<br><br>Is it basically like this?:<br><br>http://www.recipesource.com/soups/soups/07/rec0726.html<br><br>I like cooking, I make a borsch that would make a Roosky-ja cry((: <br><br>http://www.znakomi.com/zappaforum/BORSH.txt<br><br>Glad you're unwired there Zee Fee... talk a lot to get those munching muskles in shape!<br><br>Baddie  (lol, that one could "stick", lol)<br>