Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: North Sea Jazz 2004
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:44 pm 

[quote author=ZF link=board=zappaning;num=1089622080;start=0#0 date=07/12/04 at 01:48:00]Hi all,<br><br>Yesterday was my day at the NSJ in the Hague, the Netherlands. What did I c and hear:<br><br>We were 2 l8 2 c half an hour of Michael Brecker solo, so we went to the roof terrace 2 c Jonas Gwangwa from South Africa. Real swinging jazz with African influences (inlcuding 3 African swinging fat ladies :)). After that we went 2 c Mike Stern, really terrific, hes my favourite jazz guitarist, I bought his latest cd which he signed 4 me, he was even talkin' 2 the public this time.<br><br>After that we went t c James Brown in a hall with 8,000 other people, terrible, what a horror show! We ran away 2 listen 2 Michael Brecker (MB was this year the in residence artist) performing with the surprising Farmers Market. After this we went 2 c his brother Randy Brecker performing with Bob Evans and Hiram Bullock in the Staten Hall, another high lite of the day! 8)<br><br>Wow, what a day, after these bands we saw a few other swinging bands, but nuffin really spectacular anymore.<br><br>Lookin 4ward already 2 next year  8)[/quote]<br>Hey ZF, sounds great!<br><br>If you like Farmers Market, you will probably like Estradasphere. Chec k them out, if you aint heard them.