Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zappa or not?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:15 am 

I've been trying to nail down the source of a track.<br><br>DJ shadow, a well-known san-fransiscan DJ, made a mix for BBC Radio One, a weekly affair called the Essential Mix(Pete Tong played it.)  In the 2 hour mix, he included a track I've been trying to figure out who performed for a while now.  They frustratingly omit the tracklisting on their website, but a fan guessed at it: http://www.essentialmix.ca/index.php?mo ... iew&id=674  Mostly late 80's, early 90's rap.  First suspect for the song (very raspy voice, relatively slow song) is zappa because there's a suzy creamcheese intro, played over the opening beats of the song.<br><br>Intro:<br><br>Suzy?<br><br>yes<br><br>Suzy Creamcheese?<br><br>yes<br><br>This is the voice of your conscience, baby, just wanted to check one thing out with you.<br><br>no, what<br><br>Suzy Creamcheese, honey, what's gotten into you?<br><br>Song Lyrics:<br><br>Sunrise<br>messing on my window pane<br>sends fire scouting through my brain<br><br>sunrise<br>turns my face to burning brass<br>and my eyes to molten glass<br><br>I've got a long day to live<br>Don't know if I'll make it but I'll try<br>not to cry<br><br>sunshine<br>early morning light is still<br>colors creeping up the hill<br><br>sunshine<br>people shuffling down the street<br>sleep still dragging up their feet<br><br>and it's time to stop thinking<br>about the thing I gotta do<br>All day through<br><br>I knew<br>I've been thinking half the day<br>almost worn my mind away<br><br>I knew<br>sunshine beating on my head<br>scorch until your face is dead<br><br>it's your own fault woman<br>you shouldn't have tried to get inside<br>of my hide<br><br>-interlude-<br><br>sunset<br>now the light is fading fast<br>and another day is past<br><br>sunset<br>now your face comes back to life<br>carve it like a sunday knife<br><br>if this pain is love<br>it's almost more than I can stand<br>to be a man<br>

Post subject: Re: Zappa or not?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:18 am 

Thx for the quick reply, I guess the song part has nothing to do w/ zappa?<br><br>I know zip about zappa other than a few of his more popular synclavier tracks.

Post subject: Re: Zappa or not?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:19 am 

thx