Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:27 am 

to check out the lounges.  Buy a few records, and drink a few beers.<br><br>We're heading to Halifax this morning to meet up with some friends and check out some bands.  Dayglo Abortions tonite at the Seahorse, and tomorow we're checking out a friends band called Insubortination.  <br><br>I love it when a bunch of home town people meet up somewhere far away all at once.  There's going to be about 50 people from this town at the concert.  It'll be just like they're playing here.<br><br>I'm gonna loot TAZ (the vinyl shop), and probably try out a very expensive bass at the Music Stop.  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:19 am 

Well, we arrived back and in one piece last night.  Aside from some car troubles, the trip was smooth.<br><br>The Dayglo Abortions put on a great show.  I was talking to the drummer and the guitarist, and mentioned Zappa.  They said that Zappa was their Elvis and that they had seen Frank back in the Joes Garage days.  This supprised the hell outta me, since they are a vulgar punk band.  <br><br>The Insubordination show was pretty fun.  The roughest bunch of rowdies there were all from PEI.  Couple other good bands played that weekend as well.<br><br>I picked up Fillmore 71, and Man from Utopia on vinyl at Taz.  They are both in near mint condition, and I'm gonna give em a listening later today.    <br><br>In conclusion, the city kicks ass but I'd hate to live there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:26 am 

Oh yea, they did have tour shirts but I can't find any pics to post.  PEI was listed on the back as a venue, but they aren't coming here.  <br><br>I stopped by Music Stop and tried out a 6-string Peavey Bass, which was pretty sweet.  It was used, $650, and sold.  But they let me try it anyway.   <br><br>;D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:39 am 

I know what your saying.  Used guitars are kinda risky, but usually you get what you pay for.  This Peavey bass had a thru body neck.  Oh my.