Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zappabase
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:32 am 

hi fellow zappafans,<br><br>for those of you that dont know:<br><br>there is a software out called zappabase. the zappabase is a freeware program that covers the live shows from frank zappa. setlists, songs statistics etc. <br><br>the underlying database is xml files - so you can reuse the info in zappabase to drive websites etc.<br><br>the zappabase is a superset of the information in jon naurins fzshows.doc.<br><br>over 750 downloads so far and version 1.03 is just out.<br><br>so if you wanna know - when was the first public performance of andy? how many times has kingkong been played in 88? which songs where played with scott tunes etc. - zappabase has the answers.<br><br>zappabase is available from www.zappateers.com - it is freeware and has absolutley no comercial potential.

Post subject: re: zappabase
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:45 pm 

just gave it a whack...only fucked around for about 5 minutes & it's very cool, very cool, i now have all the fz factoids in a hermetically sealed package that i can take up to my room & do whatever i want with it , know what i mean...<br><br>mudshark: performed 17 times ('70x7, '71x7, '73x1, '74x1, '75x1)<br><br>mudd club: performed 141 times ('80x65, '81x22, '82x9, '84x44, 88x1)<br><br>song played on most tours: king kong, 13 tours ('67 thru '71; '77 thru '82, plus '84 plus '88) , 127 performances<br><br>song played the most: 295 performances of city of tiny lights <br><br>musician factoids:<br>fz: 726 shows<br>ray white: 324 shows<br>ike w: 322 shows<br>t mars: 295<br>ed mann: 280<br>r martin: 270<br>thunes: 270<br>wackerman: 270<br>b fowler: 172<br>a barrow: 154<br>bozzio: 150<br>nm brock: 139<br>vai: 128<br>duke: 124<br>i underwood: 120<br>ruth: 107<br>t fowler: 105<br>p wolf: 105<br>vinnie:101<br>o'hearn: 96<br>zavod: 95<br>estrada: 93<br>w fowler: 87<br>....<br><br>lance loud: 2<br>henry vestine: 2<br>carol bozzio: 1<br>eric buxton: 1<br>al dimeola: 1<br>archie shepp: 1<br><br>great effort, ecki Image...i was hesitant about dealing with ms.net, but so far the fcc, the riaa, the ins or government agents  haven't descended on my house

Post subject: Re: Zappabase
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:09 pm 

i just downloaded this but can't get it to work, anyone help???

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:23 pm 

You need the .net framework 1.1 from microsoft! the url do download this from the microsoft website is on the zappabase download page on www.zappateers.com. you are having problems after installing the .net framework please mail me direct. the mailaddress is in the documentation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:44 pm 

[quote author=ecki link=board=zappaning;num=1087057922;start=0#3 date=06/15/04 at 02:23:28]You need the .net framework 1.1 from microsoft! the url do download this from the microsoft website is on the zappabase download page on www.zappateers.com. you are having problems after installing the .net framework please mail me direct. the mailaddress is in the documentation.[/quote]<br>thanks, that's it working now...most ingenious  ;D

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:50 pm 

Image  screen shot here<br><br>a few suggestions/wish list:
  • any way to total the columns; like total song time, total time of selected shows, number of songs per tour
  • be able to copy/paste from the song statistics & musician statistics cells
  • add the tape reviews from fz shows: the fz tape reviewing society files<br> and buzby's '88 tour projectbut keep the feature that lets you write your own notes & keep the foggy g commentary
  • can't figure out how to play mp3's from the zappabase ┬┐ plus add track info, ideally dump it in from the track properties
  • be able to jump between the statistics report & the database
<br><br>i like it more & more all the time, a monumental effort to say the least

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:32 am 

Q: <br>any way to total the columns; like total song time, total time of selected shows, number of songs per tour, be able to copy/paste from the song statistics & musician statistics cells<br><br>A:<br>not yet possible - a print / export of those statistics is planned for future release<br><br>Q:<br>add the tape reviews from fz shows: the fz tape reviewing society files and buzby's '88 tour project but keep the feature that lets you write your own notes & keep the foggy g commentary<br><br>A:<br>ZappaBase knows the concept of external references - these are websites or files that are displayed in context. Mail me the url link to ecki@zappateers.com and I will show you how to do this<br><br>Q:<br>can't figure out how to play mp3's from the zappabase ┬┐ plus add track info, ideally dump it in from the track properties<br><br>A:<br>1) insert a new record for the show that you have a recordig for<br>2) in the record editor there is a button to set the mp3path. enter the path to the directroy with the mp3 files for that show<br>3) now the mp3 tree shows that and also if you go to the show / record the mp3 tab will appear<br>4) in the mp3 tab there is a play button - mark the song(s) you want to play and press play.Winamp will start and you will hear some nice music<br><br>Q:be able to jump between the statistics report & the database<br><br>A: you can keep the statistics windows open - it is not modal - once the statistics are calculated you will have two windows that show in the windows taskbar and you can switch between them<br><br>please read the manual and the readme - zappabase has a lot of features!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:52 am 

a nice companion to zappabase, the [font=arial black]fz gig list[/font] is now available in an easy-to-use  searchable drop down menu format...search by city/country/venue in addition to year:<br><br>usa: 1004 gigs<br>germany: 122 gigs<br>canada: 71 gigs<br>france: 65 gigs<br>uk: 53 gigs<br>italy: 40 gigs<br>denmark: 25 gigs<br>netherlands: 24 gigs<br>belgium: 16 gigs<br>australia: 14 gigs<br>austria: 14 gigs<br>norway: 11 gigs<br>spain: 11 gigs<br>japan: 7 gigs<br>finland: 6 gigs<br>yugoslavia: 3 gigs<br>luxembourg: 2 gigs<br>new zealand: 1 gigs<br>nicaragua: 0 gigs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:12 am 

bout time they brought it up to code ;D<br>btw...<br>wherez foggy g(?) and his turtle posse?

Post subject: re: online zappabase
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:35 am 

this is a great effort here -->online zappabase<br><br>might be slow to load up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:07 am 

This is great!!!  8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:03 pm 

[quote author=xyqa link=board=zappaning;num=1087057922;start=15#15 date=11/25/04 at 18:37:14]ok, where and when...[/quote]
  • 1974 july 07 curtis hixon hall, tampa, fl - vocals; dupree's paradise incl nite owl
  • 1974 oct 31 felt forum, nyc late show - vocals; nite owl <br>