Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:31 am 

Well, it seems Dweezil and Lisa's cooking show has upset the food nazi's over at the Food Network, but now their bring Frank into it.  Just today I read the same stupid shit that ignorant people tend to spew when they don't know anything about Frank, his music, or his views.   Someone posted suggesting that Dweezil is high all the time and that Frank was high when he named his kids.  This stuff just goes all over me.  I've never seen such an angry den as the Food Network's fan sites.  And I thought things got hot at times over here!   ::)  If anyone would like to join me in 'setting the record straight,' please sign up at the FN's message boards.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:30 am 

I guess I'm just taking all the negative commets a bit personal as I really like the show.  I'm a Dweezil fan and it just seems to me that everything he does gets slammed.  Either he's too much like Frank or not as good as Frank in the minds of people who don't give him a chance to succeed in doing what he likes to do.  Frank was right about the kids last name being more of a problem than their first.  <br><br>It also pisses me off that people assume that anyone who's creative and different are on drugs.  They assume Frank was high out of his mind because he dared to use his imagination.  If he and his kids did drugs and someone called them on it, that's one thing.  However accusing them of drug use when it's not true is not only stupid but incredibly misleading to the folks who may not know anything about FZ and family.  They read that stuff and believe it without ever knowing the actual truth.  Then they spread the same crap around when given the chance.  <br><br>I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I like the show, others hate it.  I'm not gonna change their minds, nor they mine.  I do think name calling and unfounded assumptions about people they know nothing about is a waste of time and unproductive.  They don't like the show and feel it should be cancelled cause it's not Emeril or Emeril like.  Never mind the peope who do like it.   Whatever, they should just leave Frank out of it.  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:41 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#3 date=01/26/04 at 15:28:00]I guess I shoulda known, but that site is definately chock-full of Food Snobs.  I logged on over there for a bit, posted several times, but the place is overrun by people who think that a pedigree is required to do a cooking show!  Ridiculous![/quote]<br><br><br>People are just mad because Dweezil and Lisa dont have catch phrases like Emiril Lagasse. <br><br>Dweezil: Arf!<br><br>Lisa: Uh...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:57 pm 

<br><br>Hey, Trennasol, I dig what you're saying, and if'n you're a big Dweezil fan above and beyond being a Freak, well, there's plenty of stuff on that forum to get your blood boiling...<br>Go get 'em!<br>BAM!<br> :P<br>[/quote]<br><br>I've been doing my best to straighten those folks out and now I got some old bag telling me I'M HIGH and making all kinds of stupid assumptions about what I eat and whether or not I know how to cook.  Like I give a shit!  Damn, it's just entertainment.   I've never seen such a fuss over food.  I wonder if I should post Frank's quote about cigerettes being food?   ;D  No, that'll just convince everyone Frank was high all the time...  Nevermind.  I just can't win with this situation.<br><br>T<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:00 pm 

I got to the point where I couldn't TAKES no MO!<br><br>My rant<br><br> ;D

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:28 pm 
Banned

Hmmm ... the people on the Food Network message board really hate the show!<br><br>[quote author=Staphoccus Aureus link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#0 date=01/26/04 at 09:31:34]This show is an awkward mistake and rates amongst the worst show ever on the Food Network.[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=The chef of politics  link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#0 date=01/26/04 at 09:31:34]The Mothers of Invention spawned the cutest, crappiest show on TV.[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=shouldabeenachef  link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#0 date=01/26/04 at 09:31:34]This show is horrible!<br><br>What a bunch of inane drivel. Cank this show now![/quote]<br><br>[quote author=Rabidfan link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#0 date=01/26/04 at 09:31:34]Let's replace this crap with something worth watching. A Cooks Tour is much more deserving of the time slot, additional shows and advertising by far![/quote]<br><br>[quote author=David Thompson  link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#0 date=01/26/04 at 09:31:34]This is one of the worst shows I've come across. Please save us from the vegetarian Nazis[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=anneemac1962   link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#0 date=01/26/04 at 09:31:34]This show was so hyped I had to watch it, even though the preview ads made the show look vapid and lame. Well, the show lives up to the ads. No offense to D&L, but they should stick to their music. The show was a waste of air space. Can't believe it made it beyond the concept stage. hope it isn't on for long.[/quote]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:30 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#5 date=01/26/04 at 16:06:55]<br><br>Howzabout "bacon is a vegetable" for Lisa?<br><br>Hey, Trennasol, I dig what you're saying, and if'n you're a big Dweezil fan above and beyond being a Freak, well, there's plenty of stuff on that forum to get your blood boiling...<br>Go get 'em!<br>BAM!<br> :P<br>[/quote]<br><br>Lol. "bacon is a vegetable"Yes, and then Dweezil will look at her like she just lowered the room's IQ by ten points.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:22 am 

VapoSlob,<br><br>Your *rant* made me smile.  You said exactly what I was thinking.  <br><br>I see they removed the thread that refers to the Zappa's being high.  At least I couldn't find it this morning.  Probably just as well.  <br><br>I can't believe that people think Dweezil got the show because of his 'rock star' father.   Mass media doors generally slam at the mention of a Zappa.  <br><br>And to the guy on the FN saying that neither Frank or Dweezil were/are good guitar players because they weren't on THE LIST, maybe it's because Clear Channel has blacklisted FZ.  <br><br>A few years ago when the local 'rock' station was just taken over by Clear Channel, I called in to make a 'lunch request.'  Before CC, they would play Montana and a few other 'safe' Zappa songs.  However, this day when I asked for Montana, I was told 'we can't play that.'  I told them they had played it a few months ago.  He then said, 'sorry.'  And hung up the phone.  Hmmmmm.<br>I haven't listened to the station since.  Fuck 'em!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:14 am 

[quote author=Trennasol link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#11 date=01/27/04 at 05:22:21]VapoSlob,<br><br>Your *rant* made me smile.  You said exactly what I was thinking.  <br><br>I see they removed the thread that refers to the Zappa's being high.  At least I couldn't find it this morning.  Probably just as well.  <br><br>I can't believe that people think Dweezil got the show because of his 'rock star' father.   Mass media doors generally slam at the mention of a Zappa.  <br><br>And to the guy on the FN saying that neither Frank or Dweezil were/are good guitar players because they weren't on THE LIST, maybe it's because Clear Channel has blacklisted FZ.  <br><br>A few years ago when the local 'rock' station was just taken over by Clear Channel, I called in to make a 'lunch request.'  Before CC, they would play Montana and a few other 'safe' Zappa songs.  However, this day when I asked for Montana, I was told 'we can't play that.'  I told them they had played it a few months ago.  He then said, 'sorry.'  And hung up the phone.  Hmmmmm.<br>I haven't listened to the station since.  Fuck 'em![/quote]<br><br>Radio sucks. Its pure evil. Which is why I never listen to the radio.. Most of it is bullshit anyway. The radio station we have here (KQ92) plays the same shit they have been since the later 80's. Basically they play Eric Clapton over and over again. I remember once hearing Layla, (the accoustic MTV version). Then right after that, heard Layla again (album version)! MOst of those people are paid by record companies to play their bullshit songs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:30 am 

Actually, the only radio I listen to is NPR.   No shit, Clear Channel owns all the local stations around here, except the obvious public radio station.   The same damn *safe* music being crammed down the throats of non thinking consumers.  I may be a little out of touch with the latest and greatest pop sensation, but I don't really need to hear it to know it sucks.   ::)  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:36 pm 

On Frank Zappa's new cooking show called Hot Plate Heaven (Food Gathering In Post-Industrial America), he'll be preparing Latex Solar Beefheart Stroganoff, Strat Vindaloo, Things That Look Like Meat, Marque-son's Friendly Little Magic Chicken Fingers, Lobster Girl Bisque, Won Ton On, Canard Du Jour, Duck Duck Goose, Mud Shark Filets and Lonesome Electric Turkey pot pies - all in the very dangerous utility muffin research kitchen - for all the muffin men, goblin girls and hungry freaks, daddy.    <br>   <br>Tableware will feature both pink and black napkins on a chrome dinette.   <br>   <br>The gravy will be lumpy because that's how Uncle Easy Meat and the Duke of Prunes like it. Just like they prefer their soup (and old clothes), and their gumbo variations.    <br>   <br>Frank will keep it greasy with lots of bacon fat and baked bean boogie, (with no waiting for the peanuts to dissolve).    <br>   <br>Followed by the ever popular Find Her Finer ConFinement Loaf, smothered in Pound For A Brown Gravy, w/ I'm The Slime Okra on the side.  <br> <br>Featuring the legendary Dead Girls Of London Bean Dip.  <br>   <br>He will call any vegetable for a nice ragout, prepare the Kaiser rolls - layered with swiss cheese, smeared with susy creamcheese and tis the season to be jelly, dipped in dancin' gruel.    <br>   <br>Dessert will be a little green rosetta (prepared with a paper knife), no no cherry flambe, chocolate halvah, chalk pie, peaches in regalia, jellyroll gumdrops and watermelon in easter hay.    <br>   <br>Electric Aunt Jemima will be the featured recipe at St Alphonso's pancake breakfast. And yes, they would like a snack as long as they eat that question and not the yellow snow coneheads.    <br>   <br>After the German Lunch and the Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbeque, they'll go cruising for burgers and Evelyn's Modified Burnt Weenies (that tasted real good - yum yum yummy yum yum) in a town that's a sealed tuna sandwich.    <br>   <br>They'll wash it all down with white port & lemon juice and titties and beer at the 'I Was A Teenage Maltshop'.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:32 pm 

[quote author=dawaynebailey link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=15#15 date=01/28/04 at 20:36:28]On Frank Zappa's new cooking show called Hot Plate Heaven (Food Gathering In Post-Industrial America), he'll be preparing Latex Solar Beef Stroganoff, Strat Vindaloo, Things That Look Like Meat, Marque-son's Friendly Little Magic Chicken Fingers, Lobster Girl Bisque, Won Ton On, Canard Du Jour, Duck Duck Goose, Mud Shark Filets and Lonesome Electric Turkey pot pies - all in the very dangerous utility muffin research kitchen - for all the muffin men, goblin girls and hungry freaks, daddy. <br><br>Tableware will feature both pink and black napkins.<br><br>The gravy will be lumpy because that's how Uncle Easy Meat and the Duke of Prunes like it. Just like they prefer their soup (and old clothes), and their gumbo variations. <br><br>Frank will keep it greasy with lots of bacon fat and baked bean boogie, (with no waiting for the peanuts to dissolve).<br><br>He will call any vegetable for a nice ragout, prepare the Kaiser rolls - layered with swiss cheese, smeared with susy creamcheese and tis the season to be jelly, dipped in dancin' gruel. <br><br>Dessert will be a little green rosetta, no no cherry flambe, chocolate halvah, chalk pie, peaches in regalia, jellyroll gumdrops and watermelon in easter hay. <br><br>Electric Aunt Jemima will be the featured recipe at St Alphonso's pancake breakfast. And yes, they would like a snack as long as they eat that question and not the yellow snow coneheads. <br><br>After the German Lunch and the Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbeque, they'll go cruising for burgers and Evelyn's Modified Burnt Weenies (that tasted real good - yum yum yummy yum yum) in a town that's a sealed tuna sandwich. <br><br>They'll wash it all down with white port & lemon juice and titties and beer at the 'I was a teenage maltshop'.[/quote]<br><br>CLASSIC! A classic post for the ages. Nice work, dawayne.

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:40 am 

[quote author=VapoSlob link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=15#16 date=01/28/04 at 21:32:45]CLASSIC! A classic post for the ages. Nice work, dawayne. [/quote]<br><br>Yeah. Too bad he felt compelled to post it 5 or 6 more times. <br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:10 pm 

[quote author=Billy link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=15#17 date=01/29/04 at 08:40:36]<br><br>Yeah. Too bad he felt compelled to post it 5 or 6 more times. <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>He did?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:49 am 

a masterful use of CC!!!!!    Evelyn's modified Burnt Weenies!?   brilliant!<br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:07 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#1 date=01/26/04 at 10:00:36]<br>....Trying to get an idiot, or even someone who just doesn't like FZ....[/quote]<br><br>"someone who just doesn't like FZ" = "idiot"<br><br>In my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:02 am 

[quote author=Gonzo link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#12 date=01/27/04 at 09:14:25]Basically they play Eric Clapton over and over again. I remember once hearing Layla, (the accoustic MTV version). Then right after that, heard Layla again (album version)![/quote]<br><br>A few years ago, I was listening to the radio, and the song "I'm Not in Love" (by 10CC, I think) came on. A few minutes later, they played a cover version of it. That's when I lost faith in the radio.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:06 am 

[quote author=dawaynebailey link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=15#15 date=01/28/04 at 20:36:28]On Frank Zappa's new cooking show called Hot Plate Heaven (Food Gathering In Post-Industrial America), he'll be preparing Latex Solar Beefheart Stroganoff, Strat Vindaloo, Things That Look Like Meat, Marque-son's Friendly Little Magic Chicken Fingers, Lobster Girl Bisque, Won Ton On, Canard Du Jour, Duck Duck Goose, Mud Shark Filets and Lonesome Electric Turkey pot pies - all in the very dangerous utility muffin research kitchen - for all the muffin men, goblin girls and hungry freaks, daddy.    <br>   <br>Tableware will feature both pink and black napkins on a chrome dinette.   <br>   <br>The gravy will be lumpy because that's how Uncle Easy Meat and the Duke of Prunes like it. Just like they prefer their soup (and old clothes), and their gumbo variations.    <br>   <br>Frank will keep it greasy with lots of bacon fat and baked bean boogie, (with no waiting for the peanuts to dissolve).    <br>   <br>Followed by the ever popular Find Her Finer ConFinement Loaf, smothered in Pound For A Brown Gravy, w/ I'm The Slime Okra on the side.  <br> <br>Featuring the legendary Dead Girls Of London Bean Dip.  <br>   <br>He will call any vegetable for a nice ragout, prepare the Kaiser rolls - layered with swiss cheese, smeared with susy creamcheese and tis the season to be jelly, dipped in dancin' gruel.    <br>   <br>Dessert will be a little green rosetta (prepared with a paper knife), no no cherry flambe, chocolate halvah, chalk pie, peaches in regalia, jellyroll gumdrops and watermelon in easter hay.    <br>   <br>Electric Aunt Jemima will be the featured recipe at St Alphonso's pancake breakfast. And yes, they would like a snack as long as they eat that question and not the yellow snow coneheads.    <br>   <br>After the German Lunch and the Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbeque, they'll go cruising for burgers and Evelyn's Modified Burnt Weenies (that tasted real good - yum yum yummy yum yum) in a town that's a sealed tuna sandwich.    <br>   <br>They'll wash it all down with white port & lemon juice and titties and beer at the 'I Was A Teenage Maltshop'. [/quote] Very creative. I think Frank would have appreciated it too :) I wonder what the food net-nazis would think! And what about that ?- I thought people who liked to cook & eat were supposed to be plump & jolly, not close-minded and cranky! >:(<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:53 pm 

[quote author=Trennasol link=board=zappaning;num=1075138294;start=0#13 date=01/27/04 at 13:30:39]Actually, the only radio I listen to is NPR.   No shit, Clear Channel owns all the local stations around here, except the obvious public radio station.   The same damn *safe* music being crammed down the throats of non thinking consumers.  I may be a little out of touch with the latest and greatest pop sensation, but I don't really need to hear it to know it sucks.   ::)  [/quote]<br><br>Nu-Perfect America Radio: All the hits. All five of them.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!