Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:16 am 

Some crazy shit is goin' down. I lost some posts too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:22 am 

It looks like they restored an old backup from months ago or something...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:45 am 

They shut down the website for a day, deleted all the posts made after June 13 and thus removed any and all criticism of the Zappa plays Zappa tour (or lack thereof).<br><br>Wouldn't Frank be proud...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:57 am 

Perhaps I'm just naive, but I don't think it was done on purpose, but rather a harddrive crash or some other kind of technical problem. The guestbook is still broken, btw.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:32 pm 

Yeah I dont think theyve done that - I think it was more likely a problem and it crashed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:05 pm 

Yeah, I think it was a crash too. I had to deal with the same thing recently, server going down and finding that the most recent restorable backup was from 2 weeks earlier... Ouch!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:41 pm 
Banned

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=zappaning;num=1126205851;start=0#2 date=09/08/05 at 14:22:33]It looks like they restored an old backup from months ago or something...[/quote]<br><br>That makes sense.<br><br>Thanks for clearing that up -- I thought I was going nuts or something.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:15 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=zappaning;num=1126205851;start=0#8 date=09/08/05 at 20:54:57]<br>[center][font=comic sans ms]I've lost approximately 500 posts and 50 private messages.<br><br>Where's FEMA when I need 'em?[/font]<br><br> :([/center][/quote]<br>same here, about 250 posts & 17 pm's gone....except they're all still there on my handheld treo unit; just posted a test on a missing thread....doesn't show up here<br><br>speculation: the zpz/read em & weep threads were pissing someone off and action was taken to set the forum back a few months

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:20 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=zappaning;num=1126205851;start=0#10 date=09/08/05 at 22:15:22]speculation: the zpz/read em & weep threads were pissing someone off and action was taken to set the forum back a few months[/quote]<br>The same idea crossed my mind, Slime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:21 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=zappaning;num=1126205851;start=0#10 date=09/08/05 at 22:15:22]<br><br>speculation: the zpz/read em & weep threads were pissing someone off and action was taken to set the forum back a few months[/quote]<br><br>I doubt that's what happened. It would not explain why post numbers are not increasing when we post. I did wonder about it at first, but it's looking pretty clear that there has been some kind of server problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:33 pm 

test <br><br>
Quote:
General <br>   General Board<br>   Post reply ( Re: Respecting Artistic Will )<br>    <br>Post reply<br>Subject:<br><br>Message icon:<br> <br>Add YABBC tags:<br>browser not compatible with these buttons   <br>browser not compatible with these buttons  <br>Add Smileys:<br>browser not compatible with these buttons  <br>Message:<br><br> Topic Summary <br>Posted by: Trendmonger<br>Posted on: 09/05/05 at 12:43pm<br>Has anyone noticed that all the musicians involved with Zappa Plays Zappa Tour De Frank have refrained from making any statement of reason or negative public comment regarding the postponement of the production of Zappa Plays Zappa Tour De Frank. <br> <br>I have only seen negativity coming from fans who only think of their own inconvenience having little to no faith and giving little to no respect to what these shows were about and what holding the integrity of Franks art is all about. <br> <br>I have been inconvenienced many times in my life by friends and family and I ahve realized that somethimes in the grand scheme of things the incovenience that is on the surface is the least of what the relationship is about. <br> <br>Everyone has many things going on personaly with themselves and with family let alone holding the integrity to something that is as sacred as the art of Frank Zappa.  <br> <br>I am giving no reason or explanation of the set of events but holding  true to my respect of the art of Frank Zappa and his family is important to me.   <br> <br>Personaly I am glad that Gail's day job is holding the integrity of Franks art. <br> <br>We should also remember when Gail is not doing her day job she too is an individual with a family. <br> <br>God bless her and that she now has a grandaughter that she can spend loving times with. I am very happy for her and hope that there are many beautifull moments as a Grandmother.   <br> <br>All the negativity here from some of the fans is quite disturbing to me.   <br> <br>Not a single musician involved has made a single comment of negativity. <br> <br>From my readings of any of the published reports from anyone on the inside have all have had a certain form or respect. <br> <br>Anyone who  continues to only look at my support of the ZFT as a No Matter What type of attitude should  stop for a moment and generally wonder why these musicians who dedicated there art to the plan of ZPZ TDF have conducted themselves with a sense of respect to the artist and themselves. <br> <br>   Â   <br>Posted by: asparagus<br>Posted on: 09/05/05 at 12:49pm<br>I didnt speak negatively of the ZFT, only to voice my disspointment...which I think was fair given the situation.  <br> <br>   <br>Posted by: Arkay<br>Posted on: 09/05/05 at 1:14pm<br>on 09/05/05 at 12:43pm, Trendmonger wrote:<br><br>Has anyone noticed that all the musicians involved with Zappa Plays Zappa Tour De Frank have refrained from making any statement of reason or negative public comment regarding the postponement of the production of Zappa Plays Zappa Tour De Frank. <br> <br>I have only seen negativity coming from fans who only think of their own inconvenience having little to no faith and giving little to no respect to what these shows were about and what holding the integrity of Franks art is all about. <br> <br>I have been inconvenienced many times in my life by friends and family and I ahve realized that somethimes in the grand scheme of things the incovenience that is on the surface is the least of what the relationship is about. <br> <br>Everyone has many things going on personaly with themselves and with family let alone holding the integrity to something that is as sacred as the art of Frank Zappa.  <br> <br>I am giving no reason or explanation of the set of events but....
<br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:39 am 

WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?  I was wiped out completely - didn't exist anymore - I have had to re-create myself - obviously lost all my posts and 4 personal messages from someone else who was a newbie and therefore is also probably wiped off the face of the forum.<br><br>Hmmmmmmmmm.<br><br>YET AGAIN, a little note on the site apologising for the problem with the forum would have been nice - I just checked - nothing.  But if you click on the Zappa Plays Zappa (again) they have corrected the picture caption which mentioned Gail although she wasn't there.  Unfortunately it still states that the Tour de Frank kicks off in October - unless they have scheduled gigs elsewhere for the dates that were cancelled/postponed that is still uncorrected!<br><br>What a shambles.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:43 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=zappaning;num=1126205851;start=0#14 date=09/09/05 at 03:39:05]WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?  I was wiped out completely - didn't exist anymore - I have had to re-create myself - obviously lost all my posts and 4 personal messages from someone else who was a newbie and therefore is also probably wiped off the face of the forum.<br><br>Hmmmmmmmmm.<br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>+1 >:(<br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:49 am 

Glad to see you back, bernt.  I lost your messages.  Lucky we got our own names back eh?  If we'd checked in a bit later some even newer newbie might have registered and unwittingly nicked our identities!  Still hoping to hear some solid news re ZPZ from you - we're obviously not going to get it on zappa.com.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:22 am 

I'm beginning to think it may be unwise to trust the trust... <br>Something highly fishy is going on. Lucky for me I'd saved the post that was lost... I posted this message a few days ago under the topic of Dub Room Special on DVD (and re-post it now so it'll exist): <br> <br>So many frowning eyebrows. So many pouting lower lips. So many crossed arms. And so many stomping feet.  <br>I'm not angry or offended, because so far the ZFT have managed to make me quite happy with what's been released over the years - combined there are over 80 RCD and DTS discs waiting impatiently on my shelf for another spin.  <br>It is actually hard to understand all that is going on with new releases, budget etc. since no official statements are being let out to people like me, who consider purchasing the forthcoming items, and to people who have no idea that something actually is in the works.  <br>Not unlike everyone else who have asked about or commented on the Roxy DVD, the Dub Room Special DVD and/or the postponed tour, I'd like to have the opportunity of being up-to-date at all times as well, even though I understand that the lack of something as obviously needed as a budget can put the lid on things.  <br>  <br>I'm especially curious about the Roxy DVD; since I first saw the trailer for it on the Baby Snakes DVD in December 2003 I assumed it was a finished product that was just about to be released... (I mean, didn't it read something like "FOUR HOURS OF UNCUT MATERIAL"?)  <br>At this point - almost two years after having been informed of such an indescribably positive forthcoming treat, I think the ZFT could at least once a year tell us "we have now come THIS far with the project, but still expect for it to take at least THIS long before it will be released, due to THESE reasons..."  <br>  <br>Another thing that I just today found very suspicious, was that when surfing through the pages for the FZ products of a Nordic online record store, I see that "The Dub Room Special" will be released on DVD in Finland on October 17th ...that's IN A FEW WEEKS, and I've heard NOTHING about this... questions like "is this an official release" and "if so, why hasn't it been advertised at all" come to mind.  <br>Is this going to be a treat as nice as the "Baby Snakes" DVD, or is it just something incredibly disappointing as the "A Token of his Extreme" that's out there (which I cannot but assume is as much a bootleg as anything can be... to think I spent 15 euros on that disc makes me want to go to the doctor...)  <br>  <br>"Release-wise," what should I expect from the ZFT in the nearest future...say this fall? Are there any releases as great as 1999's "EIHN," 2003's "Halloween," 2003's "Baby Snakes" or 2004's "QuAUDIOPHILIAc" coming up?  <br>I don't need a date - I'd just like any info about the unreleased items above there is, because it's nicer to have something to look forward to, than to hear about a barely advertised product you'd have died for having been sold out.  <br>  <br>Sincerely, and with best wishes to the ZFT,  <br>Patrik Lemberg www.patriklemberg.com  <br>  <br>P.S.  <br>Very incidentally, has anyone heard anything new from "Banned From Utopia?" Are they working on anything at the moment?  <br>D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:27 am 

well, nothing new other than the news that dissapeared with the "ZpZ cancelled" thread ...<br><br>the latest though I guess was Flo ( also registered on the forum ) saying at the "Kill Ugly Radio"<br><br>The Zappa's Management/Agent has told us that the tour has been postponed until the Spring. When? I have not heard any firm dates, but I know that we will be up for it when the powers that be put all their s*#% together.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:29 am 

I am having all those problems and more......I cant seem to post properly at all, saying an error has occured, only to find that my post is there after all, yet my total tally is still 751, even though it was over 1200 like, three days ago....very frustrating....