Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:54 am 

We like ROCK!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:41 am 

I like <br>Pink Floyd (specifically Roger Wtaers)<br>Johnny Cash<br>Rolling Stones<br>Motorhead<br>AC/DC<br>Bob Dylan<br>Masters Of Reality<br>Neil Young<br>Jeff Buckley<br>Todd Rundgren<br>Tom Waits<br><br>gawd...there's loads.....if i listed everything then I'd take up the whole page!!!   ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:54 am 

Cash Rocks, I like your taste.   Here are my bands:<br><br>Zappa (of course)<br>Opeth<br>Porcupine Tree<br>The Who<br>Led Zep<br>Sparta<br>Pink Floyd<br>Stevie Ray "need I say more" Vaughn<br><br>just to name a few<br><br>Opeth and Porcupine Tree I just started getting into but I like them allot.  PT has an album coming out soon which from what I've heard kicks ass.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:00 am 

...BAH!!! How could I forget Led Zeppelin??!!!  :o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:11 am 

yeah, I like your style and I admire Your taste.  Anything new I should be paying attention to?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:44 am 

What about Sparta.  Anyone get into the other half of ATDI.  I think they are pretty cool.  i met the guys in the band at one of their shows to and they were really cool!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:17 am 

[quote author=dr_grogg link=board=zappaning;num=1048380203;start=135#146 date=01/09/05 at 09:21:52]You really wanna know do ya?<br><br>Captain Beefheart<br>Half-japanese<br>!!!<br>R. Stevie Moore<br>Edgard Varése<br>Jens Lekman<br>Eugene Chadbourne<br>Badly Drawn Boy<br>John Cale<br>The Velvet underground<br>Aphex twin<br>Soft Cell<br>386 DX<br>Bruce Springsteen<br>The residents<br>The beatles<br>Negativland<br>The doors<br>610Toresco<br>Bob Brozman<br>Ween<br>Ground Zero<br>The boredoms<br>Einstürzende Neubauten<br>Morton Feldman<br>Karlheinz Stockhausen<br>Tom Waits<br>Cornelis Vreeswijk<br>Gudied by voices<br>Charles Dodge<br>Frontier<br>Bob Hund<br>Tunnan & Moroten<br>Air<br>Public Enemy<br>Beastie Boys<br>Naked City<br>John Zorn<br>Manu Chao<br>Many Negra<br>Drunk <br>Califone<br>Joy Division<br>Labraford<br>Cul de sac<br>Godspeed you black emperor<br>Blectum form blechdom<br>Steffen Basho-jungans<br>Sigur Rós<br>The Clash<br>Gentle Giant<br>The soundtracks of our lives<br>Björk<br>Denis Leary<br>The beach boys<br>Röyksopp<br>Beck<br>The doors<br>mikel<br>The Hives<br>Red hot chili peppers<br>Primus<br>Faith no more<br>Brian Eno<br>Underworld<br>Rage against the machine<br>Radiohead<br>The pogues<br>Steve vai<br>Moby<br>David Bowie<br>Philip Glass<br>Clifton Chenier<br>Andres Segovia<br>Brandford marsalis<br>Tenacious D<br>Bebel Gilberto<br>Os Mutantes<br>Craig Chaquico<br>Ry Cooder<br>Fläskkvartetten<br>Al Di meola<br>Chieli minucci<br>Cesaria Evora<br>David Sylvian<br>Iron and Wine<br>Nick Drake<br>Bright eyes<br>Lambchop<br>John Cage<br>Yo La Tengo<br>Wild man fischer<br>Chumbawamba<br>Dream Theater<br>Supertramp<br>Vangelis<br>R.E.M<br>Bob Dylan<br>Pink Floyd<br>nazareth<br>Metallica<br>Michael jackson<br>kraftwerk<br>Iron Maiden<br>Jimi Hendrix<br>Devo<br>Leftfield<br>Big fish ;D<br>Weezer<br><br>And tons of new weekly sometimes daily discoveries.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>[/quote] :-* :-* If I was your girl-next-door, Grogg, I would be madly in love with you :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:32 am 

Wow, your a freak!  Ha Ha just kidding.  You got some great taste in music.  Some things I've never heard of but I'll check out.  Thanks man.  Happyboy is really happy now, nummy nums!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:00 am 

Freak and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:34 am 

Let's get Zappafied!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:11 am 

HA HA!! Im feelin mighty saucy and in the mood to do some zappafying....but first, a Public Information Safety Announcement...<br><br>"BIG SCARY LASER AHOY. DO NOT LOOK INTO BEAM WITH REMAINING EYE"<br><br>ahthayngyow...<br><br>Now for sum Zappin......<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:48 pm 

Nummy Nums !! Happyboy - thats classic !<br>love it !! :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:02 pm 

ps - love Pantera, Damageplan(rip dime) & tons & tons  of other great metal & rock ..esp Black Sabbeth, Metallica, Queensryche,  LZ, Pink Floyd,Pretenders,Beatles,Stones,Nirvana etc.....too many to list..<br> FZ will always have a special place in my heart.. after all I grew up listening to him too for so long --FZ - see you everyday.. your picture is still hanging above my shower !   ;D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:24 pm 

Heres a partial list : Ramones, Misfits, Rancid, DGeneration, Metallica, Led Zep, Beatles, Clapton, Byrds, Neil Young,Jethro Tull, Doors, Jimi Hendrix, INXS,theClash, David Bowie, Janis Joplin, PinkFloyd,SmashingPumpkins, Moody Blues, TheWho, Chili Peppers, Damageplan, Rage, SexPistols, GreenDay, &Life of Agony.  Also Buddy Holly, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Woody & Arlo Guthrie. guess I'll stop there. :)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:33 am 

Soft Machine/Caravan/Canterbury Sounds generally<br>Gong<br>King Crimson<br>Hawkwind<br>The Clash<br>Crass<br>Tool and Perfect Circle (IMHO the best things to happen in a long time)<br>Black Sabbath<br>Jethro Tull <br><br>and looking at the other posts a shit load of the same sort of stuff listed above

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:55 pm 

I disagree!  I was listening to Methany long before I started playing jazz guitar@!<br>Bela is awesome, but I think his bass player Victor Wooten is a trillion times better!  I've seen the Flecktones, Steve Vai with 3 G (Keneally was still in the band) and Herbie Hancock with Michael Brecker in the same building!   a lot of amazing musicians in the three time I've been there, but specifically, 3 Zappa alumni!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:09 pm 

My current musical loves are Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Genesis, Phil Collins and The Mars Volta. Eclectic to say the least.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:44 pm 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=zappaning;num=1048380203;start=150#151 date=02/09/05 at 11:41:41]I like <br>Pink Floyd (specifically Roger Wtaers)<br>Johnny Cash<br>Rolling Stones<br>Motorhead<br>AC/DC<br>Bob Dylan<br>Masters Of Reality<br>Neil Young<br>Jeff Buckley<br>Todd Rundgren<br>Tom Waits<br><br>gawd...there's loads.....if i listed everything then I'd take up the whole page!!!   ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ahhhhhh...might as well list some more...<br><br>Steely Dan <br>Styx(soft rock power ballads hahaha)<br>Toto<br>The Beach Boys<br>Sonny Rollins<br>Rolling Stones<br>Elvis Costello<br>Dire Straits (early stuff)<br>The Coral<br>The Smiths<br>Madness<br>Amen Corner<br>Carole King<br>Razorlight<br>Genesis (early stuff..anything after 1986 is pretty much shite imo)<br>Warren Zevon<br><br>Seriously, I could go on forever here....hehe. ;D<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next