Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:45 pm 

Have been playing NHRA DRAGRACING on the p.c. latelly cool game real life like when you have a steering wheel with forcefeed back.   8)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:07 am 

[quote author=detergent link=board=zappaning;num=1048380203;start=30#36 date=04/28/03 at 03:24:22]I used to be a big fan of The Residents, though I haven't heard anything from them i years.  also liked Eugen Chadbourne and , of course, Wildman Fischer[/quote]<br><br>I haven't heard much from Eugene Chadbourne, but I did enjoy Jeg Vil Bli Som Jesus, which he did with Turbonegro.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:26 pm 

Zappa is the best...<br><br>jeff beck today 24 jun is his birthday he will play with terry bozzio this summer...<br><br>steve vai<br>SRV<br>jimi hendrix<br>van allen<br>joe satriani<br>joel xavier<br>Jean Luc Ponty<br>herbie hancock<br>chick corea<br>miles davies<br>stanley clarke<br>mccoy tyner<br>gato barbieri<br>lou reed<br>tom waitz<br>ry cooder<br>pink floyd<br>genesis<br>led zepelin<br>queen<br>jimmy smith<br>nirvana<br>bb king<br>rui veloso<br>carlos santana<br>mahler<br>beethoven<br>vivaldi<br>... ... ... I love music <br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:03 pm 

someone mentioned nico. i love nico! i got one cd(compilation) where shes singing the german national anthem in a way that scares the shit out of you. <br>nobody could do better than her. it matches the version of hendrix` "star spangled banner". wow!!!<br>i also like velvet with or without nico, although i think lou reed always has been a bit overrated. <br>but i spent some real good times with that kind of music so its alright.  <br>i also loved alice cooper.....until he started a big sell-out of his persona. he forgot how to rock`n`roll and became one of the muppets. <br>wowie!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:46 pm 

Well, I do enjoy Zappa the most. <br><br>But other artist that is great aswell. <br><br>For it to come, my mum is a true rock fan(queen and all the others), so i slightly grew up with it. But before I even knew about Zappa I listened to a swedish artist and some others. But I got tired of him when he didn't show up when he was in town writting autographs on hes newest album.<br><br>Now I am also making alot of re-search and such. Especially in music, so I simply learn what kind of different genres in music there is. <br><br>Also, a friend have intreoduced me to Iron maiden and Metallica(long before I found about Frank). They are both great and sometimes its nice with some heavy metal. <br><br>My dad listens to mostly this and that. Wich is good since he have 2 Zappa LP's. <br><br>One thing to note is that everytime there is mainstream music on the radio my mum turns to another channel. Well, not because I mind but, sometimes THERE IS good music that is mainstream. Not always but sometimes.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:18 pm 

Not sure of spelling :-* ::) : but check out<br>         "Iso Poposov"I dont know where he's from but his band is steamin<br>Also:" Bumble Foot "

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:49 am 

[quote author=Saint_alfonzo link=board=zappaning;num=1048380203;start=45#57 date=06/28/03 at 19:18:04]Not sure of spelling :-* ::) : but check out<br>         "Iso Poposov"I dont know where he's from but his band is steamin<br>Also:" Bumble Foot " [/quote]<br><br>Los Lobos (Just Another Band form East L.A.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:14 am 

Some of the music I like:<br><br>Weird Al Yankovic  (obviously, from my username.  Although I don't think Genius in France is his best work, he made a nice attempt at trying to capture zappa's style).<br><br>All music played on Dr. Demento<br><br>Early Van Halen<br>Queen<br>Lynard Skynard<br>Pink Floyd<br>Alice Cooper<br>AC/DC<br>Metallica<br>Smash Mouth<br><br>Eminem<br>Sir Mix a lot<br>old school rap<br>Kid Rock<br><br>Local and independent bands<br>Kleenex girl wonder<br>protman<br><br>Beck <br>Cake<br><br>I have a wide range of musical tastes, I like classic rock, dance music, (some) rap, and any music that is weird or different.  I'm not into a lot of the so called "alternative" music, a term that has become meaningless.  I like happy and humorous music mostly, not depressing stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:32 am 

[quote author=poodlehat link=board=zappaning;num=1048380203;start=45#59 date=07/03/03 at 11:14:18]...Sir Mix a lot...[/quote]<br><br>Put 'em on the Glass<br>and<br>Baby Got Back<br><br>Ahhhh....... How can you NOT love Sir Mix A Lot<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:39 pm 

Well right now, i've been listening to zappa a whole lot but i like King Crimson, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Bowie in his early carreer, Zeppelin, Peter Gabriel and a whole lot of Phish. And you know, there are lots others too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:50 am 

i also love the cramps, early misfits(with danzig), johnny thunders, blondie(yes..), nikki sudden, alan vega. <br>btw,is nobody here into darker weird stuff like einstürzende neubauten, joy division,dead can dance, lydia lunch or diamanda galas, just to mention a few? <br>and i must recommend nusrat fateh ali khan, the pride of pakistan. hes worth a try. great spiritual stuff and a brilliant singer. <br>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:39 am 

I also like Little Feat/Beefheart/Buddy Guy/Howlin Wolf/Robert Nighthawk /early Kinks and Stones stuff too/ Peter Green/and a ton more ,thats all i can conjour up at this moment

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:20 am 

As well as a lot of other stuff, this week I love :<br><br>Kirsty MacColl, and<br>Blind Boys of Alabama.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:50 am 

I still like the 60s groups...Doors, Dead, Janis, Jimi, Moby<br>Grape, the FUGS, Bonzo Dog Band, etc.<br>Also have a fondness for U2 and the Cranberies lately.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:21 pm 

Raoul Petite, Gotan Project....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:49 pm 

Black Sabbath Thin Lizzy Megadeth Ozzy Osbourne AC/DC Judas Priest Zakk Wylde Motorhead Nirvana Slayer Van Halen .... ::)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:46 am 

and rammstein!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:38 am 

FIGARO!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:10 am 

this week i like<br><br>friends of the italien opera <br>coltrane<br>bee gees<br>magma<br>shocking blue<br><br>spider<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:59 am 

frank zappa<br>pink floyd<br>king crimson<br>spirit<br>bowie<br>velvet undeground <br>the doors<br>radiohead<br>portishead<br>grateful dead<br>the beta band<br>leonard cohen<br> ozric tentacles<br>eat static<br>captain beefheart<br>jeff mills<br>carl craig<br>kraftwerk<br>steve stoll<br>slam<br>death in vegas<br>led zeppelin<br>need i go on...i hope it it lasts for ages<br>the smiths<br>giving the darkness a chance just now<br>stone roses<br>happy mondays<br>AMM<br>John Lee Hooker<br>i give up i cdan't think of them all<br>funkadelic how could i forget them and their alter ego parliament<br>

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:38 pm 

Stravinski<br>John Coltrane<br>Charlie Parker<br>Thelonious Monk<br>Albert Ayler<br>Edgard Varese<br>Olivier Messiaen<br>Maurice Ravel<br>WA Mozart<br>Dvorak<br>John Zorn (not always)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:28 pm 

The Mike Keneally Band<br>"Z"<br>KING CRIMSON<br>MILE DAVIS<br>CHICK COREA<br>FRIPP<br>BELEW<br>BRUFORD<br>OZRIC TENTACLES<br><br><br>this could go on and on.........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next