Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:15 pm 

Zappa wasnt he a long haired creep high on LSD

Post subject: zappa
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:04 pm 

Zappa was a 'serious composer' who only made rock music to make some money. And he wasn't very good at it. Fer instance, have you heard his song I Have Been In You? "I mean, wha... what, what is that? Is that guy kidding?"

Nah, when it came to rock music, Zappa should have shut up 'n played his guitar. He was a pretty good guitar player, actually. Not great, but pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:00 am 

He played that comedy music.

Post subject: Re: frank zappa
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:52 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
anyway; his real name was actually Francesco. not many people know that.

No way, it was actually Francis...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:54 am 

I also heard (and this is dead serious) that he and all his musicians drank mushroom tea to write and play cubist arrangements of things like Zomby Woof...

Last edited by Mr_Green_Genes on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:10 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

You don't have any sense of humor... You don't understand this thread...

His real name was Frank. For some reason, though, he was under the impression himself, that his real name was Francis. He didn't find out that it wasn't until he needed a passport in the late 60s, when the Mothers of Invention was to go on tour to Europe.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:34 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

You don't have any sense of humor... You don't understand this thread...

His real name was Frank. For some reason, though, he was under the impression himself, that his real name was Francis. He didn't find out that it wasn't until he needed a passport in the late 60s, when the Mothers of Invention was to go on tour to Europe.

Oh my! Here we go again! I am laughing my ass out here! Who didn't get the joke spirit and has no sense of humor? You dumb ass, I have read TRFZB and I don't think he was the son of Mr Green Jeans either... What a laugh, got it all backwards... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:25 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh my! Here we go again! I am laughing my ass out here! Who didn't get the joke spirit and has no sense of humor? You dumb ass, I have read TRFZB and I don't think he was the son of Mr Green Jeans either... What a laugh, got it all backwards... :mrgreen:

Oh, so you have read The Real Frank Zappa Book, have you? For some reason I didn't think you had.

This thread is like a parody of some people's misconceptions about Frank Zappa. Some real misconceptions, some invented. And, if you only had said something like: "No, his real name was Brian". then it would at least have been funny. Your thing about "Francis" was just stupid since FZ himself thought his name was Francis, you moron.

But, you don't really read the threads before you post, do you?
Your only goal is to get your post count up, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:22 pm 

Let me explain, Einstein: Calling him Francis was a misconception that even He had one day, thus the joke... :roll:

Who dosen't read the posts here? I think you need psychiatric help now!

Mr_Green_Genes, on 11 May 2006 08:41 wrote:
I think he was the son of Captain Kangoroo's actor who playd Mr Green Jeans (Hugh "Lumpy" Brannum,)...

Last edited by Mr_Green_Genes on Mon May 15, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:14 pm 

So then of course, Zappa (which means "icing anointment utensil" in Italian) married this chick called Carmela Zarubica, and he was so mean at the ceremony that he amputated her big toe called "Weasel" (which was named after their eldest daughter) and pinned it to her dress in lieu of a wedding ring. What a fucking cheapskate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:19 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Let me explain, Einstein: Calling him Francis was a misconception that even He was had one day, thus the joke... :roll:

"that even He was had one day"? yeah, einstein...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:24 pm 

I heard that Frank Zappa loved pointless arguing above all other things, and probably would have jumped in, had the oppurtunity arised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:56 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Let me explain, Einstein: Calling him Francis was a misconception that even He was had one day, thus the joke... :roll:

"that even He was had one day"? yeah, einstein...

You might be good in Grammar, but definetively poor on Text Comprehension...

Thanks for pointing out my edit mistake. Did you get the joke now, and what I was saying, did you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:05 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Thanks for pointing out my edit mistake. Did you get the joke now, and what I was saying, did you?

as I was saying, before you:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
This thread is like a parody of some people's misconceptions about Frank Zappa. Some real misconceptions, some invented. And, if you only had said something like: "No, his real name was Brian". then it would at least have been funny. Your thing about "Francis" was just stupid since FZ himself thought his name was Francis.

no further comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:08 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

as I was saying, before you:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
This thread is like a parody of some people's misconceptions about Frank Zappa. Some real misconceptions, some invented. And, if you only had said something like: "No, his real name was Brian". then it would at least have been funny. Your thing about "Francis" was just stupid since FZ himself thought his name was Francis.

no further comments.

I guess you can't read, then... Good nite Lumpy, stay away from razor blades and sleeping pills :wink:

PS:if you don't like my jokes or my posts, please just keep away, fuck off, don't be so fucking obsessed with me! leave my nose alone. please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:14 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
PS:if you don't like my jokes or my posts, please just keep away, fuck off, don't be so fucking obsessed with me! leave my nose alone. please!

you started this one, dumbass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:33 pm 

I've heard Zappa fans are quick to be riled up. I can say this one is NOT true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:20 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Byron wrote:
Didn't he have something to do with the "warning label sticker" on albums and cd's?

That was more Dee Snider and John Denver. Mr. Zappa barely spoke.

wouldn't you say 9 or 10 pages of testimony amounts to a little more than saying nada ?

Yeah Calvin.....know your shit! :P

Thanks Stride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:41 pm 

stride wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Byron wrote:
Didn't he have something to do with the "warning label sticker" on albums and cd's?

That was more Dee Snider and John Denver. Mr. Zappa barely spoke.

wouldn't you say 9 or 10 pages of testimony amounts to a little more than saying nada ?

see for y'self > http://uweb.superlink.net/~jdandrea/shrg99-529/
(fz's testimony runs from pages 51 - 61

Stride, I used to have the videotape of his testimony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:43 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

you started this one, dumbass.

Yeah, but it was not a personal attack like the ones I am used to take from you. It was just a joke following the thread instead, suicidal fuckstick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:58 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
suicidal fuckstick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:23 am 

ZAPPA&NIBIRU

This webpage is going to open up a whole new world to you. The idea behind it is to inform the world/universe of the importance that lies behind the music of FRANK ZAPPA and the gateways it opens for devotees of his unique brand of art. Now some of you may be wondering what are these doorways? Well they are the instruments that will enable us to return to nibiru, the home of our creators. It is advised that if you want to make it to heaven/Nibiru then you must listen to zappa on a daily basis for the REST of your life. This was not my directive but comes from the man/god himself. He appears to me in my dreams and through astral projection (this is the favoured mode of travel in the universe)zappa himself informed me that everyone MUST listen to at least 5 of his albums every day for the first 5 years this is imperative. Nibiru...where is this i hear you ask? Well it was reported in the bible (read genesis and pay attention to the parts about the nefilim, elohim and the watchers and their fiery chariots). Nibiru itself is the sister star of our own sun but is on a 3,600 year orbit of the sun and it has 7 moons which are inhabited by our creators(we are gentic modifications designed by the nefilim)due to the immense elliptical orbit of nibiru they can only visit our planet every so often(unless by astral projection)egyptologists know that it was these god/men who built the great wonders of egypt, archaeologists know that they were behind all the sacred sites of the ancient world spanning the globe but they will not admit this as it shows how incompetent their research really was. The 7 moons of Nibiru correlate with the 7 heavens that were again mentioned in the bible. i also must add here that it is imperative that you use consciousness expanding "earth delights" to help you achieve the status of a god/man. But you shout zappa never advocated the use of drugs and you are right but the reason behind this is that HE WAS ALREADY IN CONTACT WITH THE ASTRAL PLANES hence his frequent astral projections that i have been lucky enough to encounter. zappa himself now resides in the 7th heaven/nibiru moon and relates to us through his astral projections the importance of mind expanding hallucinogenics and the fact that only by LISTENING to his heavenly music religiously and by STUDYING his films which contained many worthy parables relating to nibiru can we become god/men ourselves. type nibiru into your search engines to find out more, nibiru is again mentioned in the book of revelations as the beast this was designed to throw us off so we can never reach nibiru as it is common knowledge among biblical academics now that the new testament was the creation of a rogue god/man who wants to keep us bound to earth and never achieve our universal status (he does not advocate listening to zappa either...he is evil). but he could not wipe it all out ...the bright star that the wise men were following was nibiru(recent research has proved this beyond doubt).also st paul spoke of his vision of 7th heaven but the evil one disguised this in the christian myth that has plagued the earth for 2000 years. Look up the 12th planet and planet X also in your search engines and this will help lift the veil of darkness. Again i must stress the IMPORTANCE of listening to zappa at least 5 albums a day for the first 5 YEARS this is imperative. And why are we in the dark? Well ask your governments and your religious leaders these people will never achieve the god/man status and they know this they are in leage with the rogue god/man....the evil one. and they are terrified because they know that they have no chance of immortality (which can only be achieved through the rigorous use of hallucinogenics and ZAPPA music and films). It is for this reason that they try to blind us into obscurity, the egyptains, the sumerians, the atlanteans, the amerindians and the druids all knew of Nibiru and the advantages of astral projection thousands of years ago...very few of us do because of empirical science and religious doctrine. LOGGING OUT ^^^BONGO^FURY^^^

http://www.geocities.com/freak_out66/ZAPPA_S_VISION.html.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:30 am 

"well, let's see the first child is Apple, as in the beginning of the Bible, and now there's Moses(in time for easter) , so are they naming their children after people and events in the Bible? actually these names are pretty tame, compared to the 3 kids Frank Zappa named( Moon Unit, Dwiezzel,and Ichabod(?)) as far as names go, I've heard some doozies, and these are very commonplace. I say Congratulations to the Parents! good health, and good life!"

http://journals.aol.com/thecoolerblog/AOLNewsCooler/entries/822

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:58 pm 
Banned

Rarely. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:12 pm 

Thanks Mr. GG! I never realized Trendmonger went by different names.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next