Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:59 am 

His music could have been nicer and listenable if he had removed all these fancy useless noises he used to put everywhere.

A musicologist told me that Zappa did actually pay other guitarists to do most of his parts on his albums and that anyway he made only a few appearances on stage. Only crazy fans could say he really had any guitar skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:46 pm 

Maroual wrote:
His music could have been nicer and listenable if he had removed all these fancy useless noises he used to put everywhere.

A musicologist told me that Zappa did actually pay other guitarists to do most of his parts on his albums and that anyway he made only a few appearances on stage. Only crazy fans could say he really had any guitar skills.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:36 am 

The Mothers of Invention were actually a group of middle-aged women who designed new products for the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen. One of their first inventions was a pocket-sized microwave oven, known as The Frank Zapper.

Of course, they were best-known for their Suzy Creamcheese line of vibrators, including their biggest seller: The G-Spot Tornado.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:56 am 

wheatgurm wrote:
Maroual wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about?

I guess you need to actually read the thread...

Post subject: Re: frank zappa
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:08 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh my! Here we go again! I am laughing my ass out here! Who didn't get the joke spirit and has no sense of humor? You dumb ass, I have read TRFZB and I don't think he was the son of Mr Green Jeans either... What a laugh, got it all backwards... :mrgreen:

Oh, so you have read The Real Frank Zappa Book, have you? For some reason I didn't think you had.

This thread is like a parody of some people's misconceptions about Frank Zappa. Some real misconceptions, some invented. And, if you only had said something like: "No, his real name was Brian". then it would at least have been funny. Your thing about "Francis" was just stupid since FZ himself thought his name was Francis, you moron.

But, you don't really read the threads before you post, do you?
Your only goal is to get your post count up, isn't it?

:roll:

thanks for ruining this frickin' sweet thread for Cranky. Wait! I'll read on...

EDIT: meh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:30 pm 

Has anyone here read this tread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:34 pm 

Has anyone here tread where it is red?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:36 pm 

Has anyone here gone red on somebody's thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:03 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
he wrote 'smoke on the water' for black sabbath.

Hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:07 pm 

he really leaves me thinking, animals talk? people are strange? waka jawaka!
PD:smoke on the water was wrtien by purple´s bassist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:14 pm 

roxy n elsewhere wrote:
PS:smoke on the water was wrtien by purple´s bassist

yeah. lemmy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:18 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
roxy n elsewhere wrote:
PS:smoke on the water was wrtien by purple´s bassist

yeah. lemmy.

I thought it was John Deacon. Damn know-it-all Lumpy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:25 pm 

Smoke on the water is as written by purple's bassist as watermelons are created by the devil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:46 pm 

FZ had webbed feet. That's where he got the idea to create "Duckman".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:06 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
The Mothers of Invention were actually a group of middle-aged women who designed new products for the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen. One of their first inventions was a pocket-sized microwave oven, known as The Frank Zapper.

Of course, they were best-known for their Suzy Creamcheese line of vibrators, including their biggest seller: The G-Spot Tornado.

:P

Fanfuckintastic! :D

"This is not your average mother playing the guitar"

Ding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:01 am 

you mean:
Francisco Zapata (b. September 10, 1948, Caracas). Venezuelan composer of orchestral, chamber, choral, and piano works that have been performed throughout the Americas; he is also active as a conductor and guitarist.

He has received numerous prizes, including the José Clemente Laya Award for Chamber Music (1982), his Variantes Suite was featured at the ISCM World Music Days in Yokohama (2001) among other things.

From 1992-96, he was producer and director of the Venezuelan radio show La Guitarra and is currently the producer and director of the show Entre cuerdas in Caracas. He also teaches choral conducting and guitar at the Prudencio Esaá Music School and is titular conductor of the vocal ensemble Entre Voces, which he founded. He remains active as a renowned choral conductor.

SELECT LIST OF WORKS

ORCHESTRAL: Densidades, large orchestra (93 players), 1983-86; Cinco Momentos en la Luna de Fausto, large orchestra (93 players), 1992-94; Preludio y Fuga Modal, string orchestra, 1999 (also arranged for 4 clarinets; 4 winds)

CHAMBER MUSIC: Cuarteto para Cuerdas No. 1, string quartet, 1981; Merenguasa, alto clarinet, clarinet, bass clarinet (arrangement of work for piano), 1987; Suite anacrónica, guitar, 1980-90; Cuarteto para Cuerdas No. 2, string quartet, 1995; Variantes Suite, guitar, 1997-98, revised 2002; Cuatro Danzas, guitar, 1999; Preludio y Fuga Modal, 4 clarinets, 1999 (arrangement of work for string orchestra; also arranged for 4 winds, 1999); Tres Piezas populares venezolanas, guitar, 1999-2002

CHORAL: Díptico (text by Federico García Lorca), mixed chorus, 1984; El Mar (text by Vicente Aleixandre), mixed chorus, 1986; El Secuestro de la Mujer de Antonio, dancer, speaker, mixed chorus, large orchestra, 1984-88; Ave María, mixed chorus, 1988; Missa brevis, mixed chorus, 1993 (incomplete); Preludio Coral y Variaciones fugadas sobre ‘El San Pedro’, 3 mixed voices, 2001

PIANO: Valse grotesco, 2 pianos, 1983; Antagonismos, 1984; Merenguasa, 1987 (also arranged for alto clarinet, clarinet, bass clarinet)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:51 pm 

Maroual wrote:

Your shitting us, right---I saw Frank live on stage many times---Oh maybe it was Yanni impersonating him--He had long dark hair and a funky mustache too! Friggin' retards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:47 am 

hey willie2---how are you? where ya been? was just listening to the copy of richard thompson's 1000 years of popular music you sent a few weeks back! really enjoyed it all over again! be well! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:57 am 

willie2 wrote:
Maroual wrote:

Your shitting us, right---I saw Frank live on stage many times---Oh maybe it was Yanni impersonating him--He had long dark hair and a funky mustache too! Friggin' retards!

Is there any relation to:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Dude, I heard he (Zappa) totally took a shit on stage once.

Well, I guess that if you read this thread from the beginning then you might discover something.
But I don't want to force people to read.
Of course, you can almost insult me freely with a total impunity, this is the way of the Internet, man.
Except that I advise you not to call me Project/Object as there might be consequences: the administrators are not really joking over here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:30 am 

Frank Zappa ? you mean he made music I thought he was the pizza delivery guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:46 pm 

I always thought he was the drummer from Angel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 am 

We all know that when it comes to all things Zappa the only source of accurate, fact-based information is Barry Miles. You all know who he is: The one who was the most successful at devising a way of making hemorrhoidism into a literary form.

--Bat :evil:

Post subject: Are you Guys Retarded?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:16 pm 

Wow, It is perfectly clear that none of you assholes actually know anything about Frank Zappa or his music. He was not into drugs, in fact he was very big on anti-drugs. He actually fired a band member for using drugs. Also he was not like Weird Al at all. He did not do parodys of songs he actually wrote is own music which was very complex. Guitar was one of his best albums. The whole thing about him eating crap was made up and his son's name is Dweezil not weasel. I am pretty sure that none of you guys listen to his music. Wow. Shit. Fuck you all. :x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:17 pm 

Wow, It is perfectly clear that none of you assholes actually know anything about Frank Zappa or his music. He was not into drugs, in fact he was very big on anti-drugs. He actually fired a band member for using drugs. Also he was not like Weird Al at all. He did not do parodys of songs he actually wrote is own music which was very complex. Guitar was one of his best albums. The whole thing about him eating crap was made up and his son's name is Dweezil not weasel. I am pretty sure that none of you guys listen to his music. Wow. Shit. Fuck you all. :x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:18 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next