Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:14 am 

I'm new to this group so this may have already been discussed, but.... how come I can find shirts & other merchandise for Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, the Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy, Jimi EVERYWHERE! At Wal-Mart & K-Mart & in the mall no less!

This is disturbing, but from the '60's up until his death, he was all over the place! You could get a Zappa shirt or button anywhere. & I'm not talking about JUST him sitting on the toilet.

It seems this awesome guy has been left out of it. HE should be on shirts & other items just like all these other artists. I should be able to go to the local Hot Topics & get a cool Zappa shirt.

Instead, if I want a cool Zappa shirt, I have to get a "bootleg" one. It sucks, but that's the only way to get one unless you try to get one from the Zappa Family's site, most of them I can't fit in. most listed are Mediums or less!

Anyway, that's what I think. Maybe Gail will see this! ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:13 pm 

one time I was in my friends room and he was wearing a rolling stones shirt. The door opens and his neighbor walks in with the same shirt.

"Hey we have the same shirt."
"Yeah! Did you get your's at wallmart."
"Yeah."
"So anyway what are you guys doing later..."

We had all recently met having just started college so we didn't know much about each other. I just found it intresting that they didn't start talking about the rolling stones, or music at all. because you know that if two people were wearing zappa t-shirt's a conversation would be struck up and perhaps a friend would be made, but at the very east you could have a decent conversation with a perfect stranger. Zappa shirts being a small selection through very inconvenient means makes them much more important. If they were everywhere I would fear someone walking up to me saying they have the same shirt as me, and laughing. I would probably say something like, oh whats your favorite album or your favortie lineup. and him saying I dunno. I like valley girl.

However, if it means an earlier roxy, or madrid 88, or stockholm 73 out on dvd earlier. then so be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:18 pm 
Banned

Grimpoteuthis wrote:
one time I was in my friends room and he was wearing a rolling stones shirt. The door opens and his neighbor walks in with the same shirt.

"Yeah."

We had all recently met having just started college so we didn't know much about each other. I just found it intresting that they didn't start talking about the rolling stones, or music at all. because you know that if two people were wearing zappa t-shirt's a conversation would be struck up and perhaps a friend would be made, but at the very east you could have a decent conversation with a perfect stranger. Zappa shirts being a small selection through very inconvenient means makes them much more important. If they were everywhere I would fear someone walking up to me saying they have the same shirt as me, and laughing. I would probably say something like, oh whats your favorite album or your favortie lineup. and him saying I dunno. I like valley girl.

However, if it means an earlier roxy, or madrid 88, or stockholm 73 out on dvd earlier. then so be it.

Good point. The tediousness of explaining away Zappa to morons would get annoying, but if it meant more money to the ZFT to get us more and better product, schill that shit,man. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:55 pm 

I always get annoyed when people ask me what sort of music I like, not just because I like so many different artists and genres but also because I've lost faith in most people's intelligence to grasp one composer venturing into so many different styles. Most people I know are confounded by the idea of someone listening to more than one type of music, because that means they can't categorise you, so when you bring in an actual composer who wrote so many pieces spanning lots of genres they are almost at cranial implosion point. And that is why I can't bring up my musical tastes infront of a lot (and I mean a lot) of people.

I don't like t-shirts or clothing of any variety with someone's face plastered all over it like a corporate logo, so as far as Zappa merchandise goes, count me out.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:58 am 

[quote="Grimpoteuthis"]one time I was in my friends room and he was wearing a rolling stones shirt. The door opens and his neighbor walks in with the same shirt.

"Yeah."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really hate Wal-Mart. Except for groceries, it's an ugly (not just in appearance) store to shop in. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:25 pm 

oops double post.

Last edited by Joe Mama on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:26 pm 

Quote:
I should be able to go to the local Hot Topics & get a cool Zappa shirt.

are you retarded? why would you want anything with zappa to be sold by those corporate fucks? go fuck yourself with the tower of power...which i beleive is probably sold in the backroom at hot topic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:50 pm 

zappafan69 wrote:
...how come I can find shirts & other merchandise for Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, the Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy, Jimi EVERYWHERE! At Wal-Mart & K-Mart & in the mall no less!...

you forgot one