Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Frank Zappa story
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:37 pm 

Okay hi everyone I am new and basically 2 days ago I got really into zappa (blame my Dad)

basically from what I read on wiki he seems like well a hero in my eyes (second to my father of course) so I wanted to know what book should I read to understand the zappa (him and the zappa in me) so in the opinion of his long term fans, which "Biography" speaks about him the way he really is.

and just to be annoying and weird, I like apple and ice cream and dandelion coffee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm 

Read 'The Real Frank Zappa Book,' it's written by the man himself. 8)

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm 

Welcome Bannik, u are lucky, i would like restart over to get again the surprise of all this music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:15 am 

I do feel lucky, I dont know about anyone else but for me I ejoy the old bands more then the new ones (they all sound the same).

also is there a suggestion box anywhere, I was thinking maybe they should make a forum where we can see all the possible videos of Frank Zappa online, sure we can search ourselves but Its hard to find interview videos...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 am 

U can get the titles here: http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videography/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:36 am 

Bannik wrote:
I do feel lucky, I dont know about anyone else but for me I ejoy the old bands more then the new ones (they all sound the same).

also is there a suggestion box anywhere, I was thinking maybe they should make a forum where we can see all the possible videos of Frank Zappa online, sure we can search ourselves but Its hard to find interview videos...

I am pleased to meet you! There are of course, some really good band out there, you just have to be prepared to look past MTV and do some digging in independent music shops (or record stores if you prefer). One really good band I discovered recently are called miRthkon, there's a high level of Zappa influence and they're great musicians, you should check them out.

Oh and for any interviews all you must do is head on over to YouTube and type 'Frank Zappa' in the search box, press enter and you have a virtual goldmine of performances, documentaries and interviews.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 pm 
Banned

Read both the Real FZ Book and The Electric Don Quixote. Those 2 are all you really need.