Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:03 pm
Posts: 523
Location: Australia
Civilization Phase III hasn't been on the Barko-Swill website for a while now and I'm wondering will it be available again?

I've sent an email to musictoday but all I got back was the answer in the Q&A for "I do not see an item online that I want, is it available?" which doesn't really help. It basically says "If you are looking for an item that is not displayed for sale on the Website, then we currently do not stock that item."

Is it just out of stock? And if it is, wouldn't it make sense to still have it pictured there and say "it's out of stock"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
Not only is it out of stock, but it has ceased to exist.

I just went back to my collection, and it's gone.

Eerie.

Pennsylvania.

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 1352
Location: Paris, France
Nack Blapkin wrote:
Civilization Phase III hasn't been on the Barko-Swill website for a while now and I'm wondering will it be available again?

I've sent an email to musictoday but all I got back was the answer in the Q&A for "I do not see an item online that I want, is it available?" which doesn't really help. It basically says "If you are looking for an item that is not displayed for sale on the Website, then we currently do not stock that item."

Is it just out of stock? And if it is, wouldn't it make sense to still have it pictured there and say "it's out of stock"?

I think this is not the first time, and it appeared again if I'm correct.

Anyway I've seen some copies in French stores.
If you wanna get a copy I suggest you to check G&S Music, they might still have it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
Maroual wrote:
Nack Blapkin wrote:
Civilization Phase III hasn't been on the Barko-Swill website for a while now and I'm wondering will it be available again?

I've sent an email to musictoday but all I got back was the answer in the Q&A for "I do not see an item online that I want, is it available?" which doesn't really help. It basically says "If you are looking for an item that is not displayed for sale on the Website, then we currently do not stock that item."

Is it just out of stock? And if it is, wouldn't it make sense to still have it pictured there and say "it's out of stock"?

I think this is not the first time, and it appeared again if I'm correct.

Anyway I've seen some copies in French stores.
If you wanna get a copy I suggest you to check G&S Music, they might still have it.


They do, and always have, which is why it always amazes me that on e-Bay and such like people state that it is "OUT OF PRINT", when you can get it always at BS and G And S.....

But yeah, it does come in and out of stock at BS it seems, I do remember this being posted before. They wont let it drop out of print though, IMO....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Posts: 1235
Location: Nashville, Tn
That would be a damn shame if the best album in the history of ever ceased to be readily avialable.

that album is perfect, beautiful, and of all of frank zappa's work its the only one where I feel like he let us know him. he was famous for his complex pieces and they are all wonderful but they are TOO perfect and the subjects are aliens landing from space, falling in love with punk meadows (two of my favorite songs) but In civ. III it was like here it is, i'll get personal on this one and its fucking beautiful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:03 pm
Posts: 523
Location: Australia
Thanks Maroual!

That G&S site is great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 2243
I have 50$ in a box under my bed waiting for Civ 3 to come out of BArfko again. I might go to G&S if it doesn't come back reasonably soon. :oops: :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
Grimpoteuthis wrote:
That would be a damn shame if the best album in the history of ever ceased to be readily avialable.

that album is perfect, beautiful, and of all of frank zappa's work its the only one where I feel like he let us know him. he was famous for his complex pieces and they are all wonderful but they are TOO perfect and the subjects are aliens landing from space, falling in love with punk meadows (two of my favorite songs) but In civ. III it was like here it is, i'll get personal on this one and its fucking beautiful.


Here, here. I concur. Well said that man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:43 am
Posts: 229
Location: The Frozen White Wasteland
You could try GEMM. You can get new and used copies (and even LP's) of just about anything.

Hint: If something is way overpriced, wait a while and the price will probably come down as the item doesn't sell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3551
PappaWas1975 wrote:
Grimpoteuthis wrote:
That would be a damn shame if the best album in the history of ever ceased to be readily avialable.

that album is perfect, beautiful, and of all of frank zappa's work its the only one where I feel like he let us know him. he was famous for his complex pieces and they are all wonderful but they are TOO perfect and the subjects are aliens landing from space, falling in love with punk meadows (two of my favorite songs) but In civ. III it was like here it is, i'll get personal on this one and its fucking beautiful.


Here, here. I concur. Well said that man.


Yea! Very nice, Mr. Grimpo. Cheers..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 5691
Location: Closer than I Appear
Grimpoteuthis wrote:
That would be a damn shame if the best album in the history of ever ceased to be readily avialable.

that album is perfect, beautiful, and of all of frank zappa's work its the only one where I feel like he let us know him. he was famous for his complex pieces and they are all wonderful but they are TOO perfect and the subjects are aliens landing from space, falling in love with punk meadows (two of my favorite songs) but In civ. III it was like here it is, i'll get personal on this one and its fucking beautiful.


A testimonial, Dear Friends..... :)

_________________
Let's hear it again for the London Philharmonic Orchestra!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: BBC Radio 3 1995
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
Civilisation was broadcast in its entirety on the BBC magazine programme 'Hear and Now' in Dec 1995. Earlier there was a discussion about FZ with Mark Sandall and the other one from Mixing it (radio 3) with UK Ryko man 'Andy Childs'*.

I wonder if any other Radio Station in the world had the balls to broadcast this meisterwerk.

Is it legal to make the radio programme available as a download?

I have it on a c120 basf cassette


Andy Childs was in the 70's a writer for Zigzag UK music paper, and is close to my heart with his Mighty Baby piece in #37. The one with Charlie watts on the cover

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BBC Radio 3 1995
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
Civilisation was broadcast in its entirety on the BBC magazine programme 'Hear and Now' in Dec 1995. Earlier there was a discussion about FZ with Mark Sandall and the other one from Mixing it (radio 3) with UK Ryko man 'Andy Childs'*.

I wonder if any other Radio Station in the world had the balls to broadcast this meisterwerk.

Is it legal to make the radio programme available as a download?

I have it on a c120 basf cassette


Andy Childs was in the 70's a writer for Zigzag UK music paper, and is close to my heart with his Mighty Baby piece in #37. The one with Charlie watts on the cover


I would be interested to hear that, I always liked Mixing It. Im glad they took notice of CPIII too, cos it seems to be forgotten amongst alot of Contemporary Classical / ( dare I say it? ) Avant - Garde circles. I always think like "God, if you like that, Youll fucking love CPIII man, check it out!".....but hey, thats life. And music is all about taste....


And yes, my radio show does have the fucking balls thankyou very much. Zappa month in December too. An entire month of shows, two hours of FZ every Saturday night. 1st, 8th, 15th,22nd and 29th......

Ill be asking for request on here at a later date!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
I think the re-broadcast of this show is a good idea, and playing it during your december programming would be ideal.

I am going to get someone to transfer my cassette recording onto Reel to Reel and other media before the thin tape stretches. I think its been played through 2wice since 1995

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
diplomaticpermissiondeepi wrote:
I think the re-broadcast of this show is a good idea, and playing it during your december programming would be ideal.

I am going to get someone to transfer my cassette recording onto Reel to Reel and other media before the thin tape stretches. I think its been played through 2wice since 1995


A great idea, but wouldnt I need permission from Radio 3 / Mark Sandall et al? I am now on an FM frequency as well as online, so using their actual show, as opposed to artists released musics, could be a little different. Ill check it out though.....Oh, and youll have to send me a cdr of it also of course!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
Will do!

I think the 1995 show was an event initself, I'm sure the BBC would not mind, I do not think they will their knickers in a twist...


I will see my boffin friends this week and see what they can do with the tape.

up with the partridge!

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
Absolutely. Alan Partridge rules, my inspiration.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
YOu were up early with the partridge I see!

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 897
Location: Birmingham Warwickshire UK
theres a few copies on the abebooks website.

Not many people know that, incl signed TRFZB signed at about $600

_________________
A Blanket in my Muesli. A Blanket in my what??

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:24 am
Posts: 192
Location: Sardegna
je ne sais quoi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3551
DoktorFaustroll wrote:
je ne sais quoi


For those who do not read French, it roughly translates to:
"I am the asshole responsible for this grafitti."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:24 am
Posts: 192
Location: Sardegna
brainpang wrote:
DoktorFaustroll wrote:
je ne sais quoi


For those who do not read French, it roughly translates to:
"I am the asshole responsible for this grafitti."


why those harsh words?
have I offended you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much?

as you might not have known, I just redid a joke by the marx brothers ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3551
DoktorFaustroll wrote:
brainpang wrote:
DoktorFaustroll wrote:
je ne sais quoi


For those who do not read French, it roughly translates to:
"I am the asshole responsible for this grafitti."


why those harsh words?
have I offended you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much?

as you might not have known, I just redid a joke by the marx brothers ...


Sorry, couldn't resist....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 8:35 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Sweden
feetlightup wrote:
Not only is it out of stock, but it has ceased to exist.

I just went back to my collection, and it's gone.

Eerie.

Pennsylvania.


Did somebody steal it ?

_________________
There WILL come a time when everybody in the world they will be free to sing and dance and love : )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7012
Location: exile
Nack Blapkin wrote:
Civilization Phase III hasn't been on the Barko-Swill website for a while now and I'm wondering will it be available again?


It's back. :arrow: civilization phaze iii

get it while you can

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group