Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 pm 

Will there be more? Maybe bass and other instruments?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:18 am 

YES! that would be a great idea. i already have hot rats and apostrophe guitar books and would LOVE more. a grand wazoo, a monster joe's garage, a freak out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:09 am 

hello, I can help musicians to get transcriptions of Frank Zappa's music, I've made many scores for having the pleasure of playing this music with other musicians, but I don't really know if I've got the right to provide anything, because I don't know if the people I'd provide the score would make money with it or not... The musicians I've made scores for has just played the music, and gave me the scores back at the end of the concert, and rights of executions has been given to ZFT, if someone could give me a solution for sharing this knowledge for free, I'd be glad to provide any tab you want. But keep in mind that we will have to wait seventy years for doing it legaly. My theory about all of this is that more musicians will know how to play FZ music more the work of the genious composer will expand all over the world.

I know it's hard to believe a simple guy over a forum that's why I'd like to provide the link above, where we can hear the transcription work I've done, please forgive my guitar nervousity, and the speedness of this version (all that nervousity shit has given three mistakes in the music), this was my first experience with a classical formation...

http://jahzzad.free.fr/octuor/Concert-0 ... otwear.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:51 pm 

Hey Patco, that's a fine arrangement, I really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:02 pm 

some part sounded like a 1930 car klaxon horns and guitar concerto, :mrgreen: I've found it funny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 am 

Quote:
hello, I can help musicians to get transcriptions of Frank Zappa's music, I've made many scores for having the pleasure of playing this music with other musicians, but I don't really know if I've got the right to provide anything, because I don't know if the people I'd provide the score would make money with it or not

I am an aspiring guitarist (perspiring, as well) who would love to have some transcriptions, if it's tabbed for guitar! I would only use it to learn the songs, and I don't play out, so if you have any, you can send them my way! I'd love to learn I am the Slime, Titties and Beer and Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me to start.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:27 pm 

Hello,
amyjared wrote:
I am an aspiring guitarist (perspiring, as well) who would love to have some transcriptions, if it's tabbed for guitar! I would only use it to learn the songs, and I don't play out, so if you have any, you can send them my way! I'd love to learn I am the Slime, Titties and Beer and Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me to start.

If you know the notes on the guitar it might give some help...
I'm The slime is an interesting one because it mixes different kinds of rythms, 4/4 and 12/8, it may give good notion of shuffle.

in 12/8 bar there are twelve eigth-notes or four beats divided by three
on the following pattern
||[][][]|[][][]|[][][]|[][][]||

"|" are beats and "[]" are eigth-notes, and "||" are bars
knowing this and the note names we can write I'm the slime theme like this:

[C3#] || [E3][][F3#] | [][][C3#] | [E3][][] | [C3#][B2][A2]
|| [B2][][C3#] | [B2][][] | [][][] | [][][C3#]
|| [E3][][F3#] | [][][C3#] | [E3][][] | [C3#][B2][A2]
|| [B2][][C3#] | [A2][][] | [F2#][][] | [][][C#]