Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Questions to the ZFT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 pm 

1. How many copies have been sold of each ZFT release?

2. How many releases have recouped their production costs?

3. How many downloads have been sold so far?

4. Have you seen an increase in sales of both ZFT and Ryko product since ZPZ has been touring?
If so, how much of an increase?

Post subject: Re: Questions to the ZFT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
1. How many copies have been sold of each ZFT release?

2. How many releases have recouped their production costs?

3. How many downloads have been sold so far?

4. Have you seen an increase in sales of both ZFT and Ryko product since ZPZ has been touring?
If so, how much of an increase?

I hope you realize this is like asking the government to release classified documents. It isn't going to happen. They don't even talk about releases until they're a month or 2 weeks away from being released.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:59 pm 

I know that this is an exercise in futility. I guess that I'm trying to make a point. So much speculation and bullshit goes on here because the ZFT does not communicate well with their customers. If the ZFT wants to keep the forum nonsense to a minimum, then perhaps they should be more open with us. Treat your customers well, and they will treat you well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
I know that this is an exercise in futility. I guess that I'm trying to make a point. So much speculation and bullshit goes on here because the ZFT does not communicate well with their customers. If the ZFT wants to keep the forum nonsense to a minimum, then perhaps they should be more open with us. Treat your customers well, and they will treat you well.

I've heard this on this forum for 6 years from various people. It hasn't happened yet, and it probably won't. It's not their philosophy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:30 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
FalseDichotomy wrote:

I've heard this on this forum for 6 years from various people. It hasn't happened yet, and it probably won't. It's not their philosophy.

There is an old saying in the entertainment business “as long as their talking about you who cares what they are saying" or "any publicity is good publicity". Maybe those numbers for sales are high, then another old saying comes in to play “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” or “why reinvent the wheel”. The last possibility is they are so busy and spread so thin, that are last saying may be coming into play “there ain’t no business like show business”.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 pm 

Plook wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
FalseDichotomy wrote:

There is an old saying in the entertainment business “as long as their talking about you who cares what they are saying" or "any publicity is good publicity". Maybe those numbers for sales are high, then another old saying comes in to play “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” or “why reinvent the wheel”. The last possibility is they are so busy and spread so thin, that are last saying may be coming into play “there ain’t no business like show business”.

Or it's something else. I don't want to say what's been said many times though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:47 pm 

Hmmm, no reveal...
Maybe there damn near broke like every other business in the country, hell I work for a company that has plenty of work and does good profits, but we may go under because you can’t get a line of credit from the banks to cover material cost. We are having to fork out all are capital to pay off creditors, its killing us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 pm 

I shouldn't let it bother me, but the cryptic announcements and faux-Frankspeak are just so irritating.

Oh well, there are plenty of other music websites to whom I can give my money. It's not like Frank is around to put my money to good use anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:

I don't see why a private company should need to provide its sales numbers to its customers.
Why do you think this is important for the ZFT to reveal?