Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:18 am 

I just heard that the ZFT will release a new Zappa album  called Halloween. Any other information on this.]<br>Sorry if this already has been discussed somewhere else...<br>ARF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:41 am 

Cool White-person...<br>But first I will have to Buy a DVD-A player :'(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:15 am 

I will definitely buy it.  But I agree with the good doctor, it does suck that it is a DVD-A release instead of CD.  Maybe the ZFT really does look at all of the requests to have Frank's videos released on DVD and figures that most of us have one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:35 am 

I am a technical non-swimmer. I know what a DVD is and I know there is players around at reasonable prices.<br>What does it all mean, the DTS? ??? If I own a DVD player which plays normal CDs, MP3 and CDR, will it do?<br>Why should the ZFT release a product almost no one can use without buying a new facility? <br>What is the point here? (apart from the fact it will cost enough just to purchase the DVD in Europe!?<br><br>BTW: meanwhile FZ: :)Z is available though amazon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:31 am 

If it is released - we will buy it n then do whatever we need to do to listen/watch it...<br><br> My question is what's on it?  What tour is it from?  I wanna hear more FZ music...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:52 am 

[quote author=Bobby link=board=faq;num=1036091894;start=0#11 date=12/15/02 at 13:31:30]If it is released - we will buy it n then do whatever we need to do to listen/watch it...<br><br> My question is what's on it?  What tour is it from?  I wanna hear more FZ music...[/quote]<br><br>Bobby, a good overview of the Halloween 78 performances is here: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/turtlestew/goblin.htm<br><br>What exactly is on the new release I don't know (I expect we'll learn it tomorrow).<br>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:13 pm 

I agree that it would be great to have some official information from the ZFT regarding this album. Is this the right place on the forum to post FAQs for Gail to peruse? Also, I'm a bit mixed up with this new format - is a DVD-A audio only, as suggested, or can it have video on it with enhanced sound?? Seeing as the album is already available for pre-order on the internet, and is slated for release in less than a month, please can we have the official word on it?<br>Thanks.