Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: re: banned for life
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:33 pm 

my mind drifts back ... to ... a meeting, a chance meeting in the balcony of the aforentioned venue, good show btw

Quote:
...it will blow your mind...
    let 'er blow

Post subject: Re: BANNED FOR LIFE
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm 

There was also the guy who asked to be banned because he was spending too much time on here, and Mikey accommodated him. It was a really nice banning all around.

Post subject: re: mud
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:12 pm 

shark_barker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:13 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
There was also the guy who asked to be banned because he was spending too much time on here, and Mikey accommodated him. It was a really nice banning all around.

Then there's Bruce Banner...The Indelible Hulk!
No, wait...that's Banner.
But here, Mikey's the banner... does that mean Mikey is The Hulk??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:30 am 

phrizzle aka mahizzle or bend :wink:
He Don't show up as banned on those names though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
one of the uglies wrote:
...but I would tell them to please remove anything I post that they feel could jeopardize the forum, business, future performances, etc. I would not bare any grudge against them for that. They must first and foremost do their best to protect this rare, and I would say precious free speech zone.

Interesting concept...please remove anything I want to say, if it will harm my opportunity for saying anything I want to say.
Anyway...this, like most forums, is not an "anything goes" bulletin board. It is run by people who pay money for it, and as such, have the right to run it as they wish. It is alot more open than most, but still has a few guidelines. As always...if you don't agree with the "rules", then suggest changes. And if they won't change (and it really bugs you), then start your own forum, and invite everyone over.

Doug's right, they (the ZFT) pay for this BB, so if they want to ban people, I don't give a fuck. Really, I have seen some pretty opinionated people express their views and suffer nothing for it.

If ya don't like the way they run this, start your own BB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:36 am 

cleon wrote:
zombie1210
Isaac
jimmie d killed the forum
J.C.GreasyVII

Search the author name and banned will give the answer.

I have seen the drawing above used a avater and Banned by it 8)

Can anyone tell me why J.C.GreasyVII was killed? I don't remember him having a VII in his name, but the person I remember seemed a decent sort.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:40 am 

I agree on that J.C.Greasey seemed fine to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:29 am 

J.C.GreasyVII Post subject: Re: It's kind of boringPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:03 am

Banned

It's boring because y'all motherfuckers all talk about the same shit all day. There ain't much going on in Zappa land, talk about other shit. You can't start a thread about just anything on here because everyone is too critical of everything. There's the truth. Read It And Weep. Wait? I just sounded like that asshat Trendy! Goddamn it...Anyway, people need to lighten up. If you want more action go to a message board of an artist that is alive and making music? Why don't you think I'm not on here much?

Hmm , hope he got a new life.... he seemed ok to me though :? :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:43 pm 

Wow what a boring Halloween! I only had 7 victims errr... trick or treaters and I read this thread! :mrgreen:

Post subject: re: banned for life
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:48 pm 

j.c.greasey got ax'd along with his last speculative rant about ike, gail, jizz, groupies etc. etc

Post subject: Re: re: banned for life
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:39 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
j.c.greasey got ax'd along with his last speculative rant about ike, gail, jizz, groupies etc. etc
Must have been deleted. I vaguely remember a post along those lines though and wondered where it might end up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 am 

polydigm wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
Must have been deleted. I vaguely remember a post along those lines though and wondered where it might end up.

Does anyone feel brave enough to elaborate??? :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:03 am 

Plook wrote:
polydigm wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
Does anyone feel brave enough to elaborate??? :?
It's not about being brave, it's about not being a gossip, I could care less about rumour mongering. The post in question was dubious at best, I'm hardly going to repeat something I don't remember clearly that was probably bullshit anyway.

A lot of vitriol gets thrown around this forum when people get upset about not getting what they somehow believe they're due. I personally think that what's been released since Zappa died is remarkable and there is nothing to compare. Lumpy Money was a great release, I'm still delving into it and Wazoo is still growing on me. I have all the official CDs (I even have some of the downloads) and will continue to add to them as the ZFT releases them whenever they're ready. Meanwhile I'm busy with a life to live.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:56 am 

It's not about being brave, it's about not being a gossip, I could care less about rumour mongering. The post in question was dubious at best, I'm hardly going to repeat something I don't remember clearly that was probably bullshit anyway.

A lot of vitriol gets thrown around this forum when people get upset about not getting what they somehow believe they're due. I personally think that what's been released since Zappa died is remarkable and there is nothing to compare. Lumpy Money was a great release, I'm still delving into it and Wazoo is still growing on me. I have all the official CDs (I even have some of the downloads) and will continue to add to them as the ZFT releases them whenever they're ready. Meanwhile I'm busy with a life to live.[/quote]

I’m worried about you polydigm, I am glad to see you support the ZFT, but when it comes to juicy details your about as fun as a porcupine in a sleeping bag. Don’t take everything so seriously, you need to relax and enjoy the comedy that is life, humor is the best medicine.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 pm 

Plook wrote:
I’m worried about you polydigm, I am glad to see you support the ZFT, but when it comes to juicy details your about as fun as a porcupine in a sleeping bag. Don’t take everything so seriously, you need to relax and enjoy the comedy that is life, humor is the best medicine.
You really are one of the most patronising human beings I've come across here. What makes you think you know enough about me to make your high school psychology in any way valid? All I'm saying is that I won't indulge in rumours about what may or may not have happened behind closed doors between certain individuals that I don't even really know and that indicates that I have a problem? If you need that shit, maybe you should be looking to get some kind of life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:18 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Plook wrote:
You really are one of the most patronising human beings I've come across here. What makes you think you know enough about me to make your high school psychology in any way valid? All I'm saying is that I won't indulge in rumours about what may or may not have happened behind closed doors between certain individuals that I don't even really know and that indicates that I have a problem? If you need that shit, maybe you should be looking to get some kind of life.

Dam dude I am totally against it but you are beginning to sound like a candidate for zanx or Qualudes or something…man relax you’re going to hurt yourself..As Frank would say “don’t take yourself so seriously”.
:idea:

Last edited by Plook on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 pm 

thats kind of funny

as the old saying goes, "ask, and thou shall receive"?????? :|

sorry man

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:42 am 

That is sad. You, Joel Osteen, haven't said anything that offended me, or should have offended anyone else.

The administrator can do what he/she wants, but there ought to be some clear areas set forth that they view as transgressions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:48 am 

Sorry to hear about your ban... I always thought you were Zombie and that was fine with me, I am against those arbitrary bans... Maybe that was because of that gigantic male asshole pic you posted for some moments along that giant rock dildo pic of Captain Kirk (the ST character, not the forum member KK), pretty disgusting...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 pm 

Joel Olsteen is not banned.Simple. Don,Joel,Deisel Dummy are the same,same,same, for life.If you want to split hairs its like dd is Manson & with his...ahem...manly boy's. The Difference? He is way to booring,whining,and the lack of Zappa Q&A's makes one wonder why is he here? This is some one who has posted the most vile crap he could come up with and if your a person of mixed heratige,watchout now!XXX.
I got to speak up or act on it when I see pure hate and hypocracy.Ban yourself-Please. :idea: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:24 am 

WTF, more banning of the FZ Board?
Imo, the only people who should be banned here are spammers, and people who act like spammers such as Charles Baer.
Sure, I totally wish Trendy was gone, but banning him would be wrong. Why people don't appreciate free speech over their own personal tastes and affiliations is beyond me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 am 

last year plus there was a big war between isaac and zombie or to say it better, isaac was pulling his usual and zombie decided to sick on him. It lasted a long time and disrupted everybody. You missed it and it wasn't any fun.
you know about jimmie d.
The 2009 forum has been beset by a bunch of actual spammers selling phar-ma-ceuticals, vi-a-gra you name it. I think that's a side effect of the int'l recession...
We also have a group of people (or at least one active member) masquerading as a number of people who drank the Limbaugh/FOX/WND kool-aid and I don't even want to talk about it >shudder< but it's been a source of consternation and not a little confusion for or friends across the ponds. I think you missed it.

I agree in principle with the idea of not banning people. Ostracism is a heavy toll and from a zappa forum is just absurd.
But what do you do with trolls? Ignoring is good but everyone else has to stay on the same page and treat the troll the same way or it won't work and there will always be someone new who hasn't a clue giving the troll the attention they crave and the behavior continues.
We can laugh at the joker who gets in a new car every day and blows up the engine, day after day, but pretty soon you can't drive on the roads with all the heaping junkers that the wrecking crews are too busy editing video (or whatever) to come out and haul them away.

As despicable as anyone is I don't think they should be forced out but then again I think people should have enough decency not be an actual turd or a willfull tard and I know that's too much to expect from some. I don't read trendy's posts but I also only will talk to him when he's not in the pulpit. And they took down the chat room so the chance for an actual conversation is much slimmer now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:19 pm 

Yeah, there are some things I missed and I won't comment on those specifically. I've caught up on some things too. But, the nature of the things that gets people banned hasn't really changed.
I still say that spamming or acting like a spammer is my litmus tests for banning. That goes for trolls since they often act like spammers, although troll has come to mean a variety of things.

As for:
1. Content - No one should be banned for content, particularly on this site. I don't believe that FZ approve of censorship and so his site shouldn't behave that way. Decency and obscenity are terms that are long out of date (for adults anyway) and have lost all meaning.
2. Fights - Let em happen. People are gonna fight. Sometimes its entertaining, sometimes its sickening, but telling people that they can't fight or they'll be thrown out, is imo, censorship. Of course, fights that trickle into every thread, all day, can turn into trolling, therefore they could be banned.
3. Jerks and Assholes - Many people disagree with me on this, but imo they have as much right to be here as you and I. I really just see this as a combination of #'s 1 and 2.
4. Anti-ZFT material - I think they should be able to take whatever anyone dishes out.

Lastly, there are alot of things that get misinterpreted when in text. There is no vocal inflection, or gestures, added with having people from various backgrounds, cultures, countries, so very very often, people simply misunderstand each other, then it blows out of proportion from there. I really wish more people understood that. Additionally, many people have no ability to process concepts such as irony or sarcasm, or if they do, then them's fightin' words, even if the person being ironic or sarcastic is just clowning around. It took me many years to realize that some people will never learn irony or sarcasm.

Last edited by The Forum Killed Arkay on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next