Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: hendrix guitar
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:04 am 

Dweezil, I see the hendrix guitar is still available. What has been your most interesting offer?  

Post subject: Re: hendrix guitar
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:53 am 

Well even that Microsoft dude (not Bill, the other one..) wasn't interested, although he could miss the money...i mean he makes MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS, so a ordinary J. Hendrix guitar is like a tip for him....

Post subject: Re: hendrix guitar
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:36 am 

...I offered a Full size Lost in Space Robot :o...no response :'(

Post subject: re: hendrix guitar
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:53 pm 

[quote author=zappa in guitarist mag link=board=faq;num=1052582660;start=0#2 date=?]I haven't played it all that often, because unless you're in the right environment and you're standing in exactly the right relationship to the amplifier, it likes to feed back all the time[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=Bill Lantz <lantz@cableaz.com>  link=board=faq;num=1052582660;start=0#2 date=?]Might it be worth mentioning that Adrian Belew used the Hendrix strat during the 77-78 tours? He liked it so much that after leaving FZ's band, he custom burned his own Strat and used that one (most famously with the Talking Heads) till around mid-1981 during early Discipline (later King Crimson) gigs[/quote]

Post subject: Re: re: hendrix guitar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:38 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
fz in guitarist mag wrote:
I haven't played it all that often, because unless you're in the right environment and you're standing in exactly the right relationship to the amplifier, it likes to feed back all the time

Bill Lantz wrote:
Might it be worth mentioning that Adrian Belew used the Hendrix strat during the 77-78 tours? He liked it so much that after leaving FZ's band, he custom burned his own Strat and used that one (most famously with the Talking Heads) till around mid-1981 during early Discipline (later King Crimson) gigs

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: re: hendrix guitar
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:26 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
[quote author=zappa in guitarist mag link=board=faq;num=1052582660;start=0#2 date=?]I haven't played it all that often, because unless you're in the right environment and you're standing in exactly the right relationship to the amplifier, it likes to feed back all the time
<br><br>[quote author=Bill Lantz <lantz@cableaz.com>  link=board=faq;num=1052582660;start=0#2 date=?]Might it be worth mentioning that Adrian Belew used the Hendrix strat during the 77-78 tours? He liked it so much that after leaving FZ's band, he custom burned his own Strat and used that one (most famously with the Talking Heads) till around mid-1981 during early Discipline (later King Crimson) gigs[/quote][/quote]

Re: Adrian, Fascinating, he undertook a ritual burning of his large headstock Sunburst 4 Bolter rosewood fingerboard strat? Is this documented somewhere? I do recall in a Guitar player intervew that his middle pick up was 'unwinding' but he felt obliged to investigate its evolving sonic properties, as that was the sort of guitar player he wanted to be

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:09 am 

I now recall at the start of 200 Motels that someone was filmed dancing in the doorway of a shed[?] and to the left of the dancer was a strat body hanging up on the wall.

I reckon this is the Hendrix body that Eric Barrett gave to Frank.

I havn't got a tape of the film, so cannot check

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!