Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am 

I got an idea, it might be stupid but what if the ZFT enlisted our help. I don't know maybe offering shares in the company or as others have suggested, a subscription. I would invest in a plan that would see maybe a little more exposure for Frank than this great little site. Maybe the occasional ad in Rolling Stone or Wired and possibly some hoopla over an upcoming release. Something they could do right now would be a place on this site where I could download a poster that I could tack up in my local coffee shop. It doesn't even have to be hard sell publicity, it could be a public service announcement like "stop stupidity", Frank always had something wise to say.<br><br>Just an idea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:58 pm 

Agreed.  It seems a shame that the ZFT has chosen to maintain such a low profile.  Gail has become Howard Hughes.  I really think that Gail simply needs more lieutenants - not merely employees, but individuals passionate about FZ with some creativity, business savvy, marketing skill, etc. who truly believe that the music and teachings of Frank Zappa have a fighting chance in this world, and are given the latitude to use their skill and commitment to make it happen.  Idealism is not dead, it just smells funny.<br><br>The FZ fan-base is left to maintain a constant, frustrating vigil, just waiting for product, events, hoopla... ANYTHING!  It's like we're all waiting at the entrance to the mall, but we have no fucking idea when it's supposed to open.<br><br>This new, improved website is an excellent starting point, and continued HUGE thanks to all who make it happen, especially Keith and Gail.  The next step is to create a dialog between the ZFT and the rest of us, who live and breathe FZ daily and feel enriched somehow - to create an enhanced sense of community.<br><br>Fuck it... I'm an idiot.  EYE-BROWS!!  ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:14 pm 

<br>[quote author=enzothebaker link=board=faq&num=1033148904&start=0#1 date=09/28/02 at 19:58:28]<br> The next step is to create a dialog between the ZFT and the rest of us, who live and breathe FZ daily and feel enriched somehow - to create an enhanced sense of community.<br><br>Fuck it... I'm an idiot.  EYE-BROWS!!  ???<br>[/quote]<br><br>NO !!! You are not an idiot, and if you are, than i am one as well.<br>I think it would be great to hear Zappa-news from the family itself from time to time.<br>I mean Gail and the rest should at least be curious about what we all think and write about their husband and father ???<br>So why don't they respond to that and tell US what THEY think ????<br><br>Come on Zappa's......it's time to open the mall, it's freezing out here.......