Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:02 am 

Hello,<br><br>On Halloween back in 1981 (i think it was '81 anyway - but i could be wrong), when I was in the Navy and living in Kansas City, I recall hearing something about Frank's New York Halloween concert being broadcast that evening - and it was being simulcast on MTV.  I remember setting up my casette tape machine and FM receiver that night, carefully preparing for that concert.  I remember taping it, listening to it, and quickly turning the tape over when it ran out on one side.  For about fifteen years from that night, I must have played that tape a zillion times - what a wonderful set of music!  I practically ruined that tape listening to it so much, and I eventually lost it.<br><br>In observing all the new activities going on with Vaulternative, etc. - I'd like to take this opportunity to offer up a suggestion to ZFT, for what it's worth, that this particular concert be considered as a candidate for a CD release on the Vaulternative label.<br><br>Thanks for this opportunity to express my opinion, and I wish you many happy releases!<br><br>By the way, I am currently enjoying the Austrailia concert CD. I feel fortunate that I got my order in early. Good job.  Keep it up.<br><br>Your biggest fan in the midwest.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:10 am 

1. Is the upcoming event in Los Angeles a musical concert?<br>2. When is the upcoming event in Los Angeles?<br>3. Are there plans to release Dweezil's "What the Hell Was I Thinking?" ?<br>4. Is there going to be any video content on the Halloween 1978 DVDA?<br><br>And thank you very much for answering my previous questions.<br><br>Sincerely,<br>Bill (Not Lantz)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:49 pm 

???What is Pipco? ???

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:16 pm 

What brand of razor does Ahmet use on his head?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:19 pm 

Hi Gail,<br><br>I just wanted to communicate how large an influence Frank Zappa has been in my life.  I am 21 years old and was 12 when he passed away.  I'd never heard of  him in his lifetime and one of my biggest regrets was not having been born earlier.  So now all we have are his interviews, his writings, his ideas, his images and of coarse, his music.  All of them inspire me.  I feel drawn to his life even after he is gone.  He was that enigmatic and real.<br><br>When my wife and I decided to have a child last year, we felt and still do feel that Frank Zappa is a person that deserves more respect than he ever recieve.  We name our 1st born son<br><br>Charles Egon Zap Dugas<br><br>Charles after my father.  Egon (which is what we call him) after my favorite artists, Egon Schiele.  And Zap after Frank Zappa.  Some might think it was just a neat name but I hope it carries a little bit of his energy into the future.  Maybe reminding my son's generation that one of the most hip and important speakers and artists and people in the history of American socio-political Artistic frontiers was way back at the end of the 20th century and that they should check him out.  <br><br>You and you husband's sensabilities and strong no bullsh*t ideals really inspire us out here.<br><br>Thank you,<br>Andrew Royal Dugas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:54 am 

I was wondering on what 'record label' Civilization Phase III, FZ plays FZ and EIHN were released.  There doesn't seem to be a recordlabel name on these albums, only the discs of Civilization are printed with the Barking Pumpin Logo.<br><br>And then there is "Zappanese", appearing on these albusm, but also appearse on the FZ : OZ album, before the copyright sign.<br><br>So maybe the ZFT is the 'bigger' brother, and Barking Pumpkin, UMRK (?) & Vaulternative are subdivisions, and Zappanese the legal copyright thing or do I see things wrong?<br>And Barfko Swifmill would be the "shop"...<br><br>Besides, what happened to Zappa Records?<br><br>And: can one explain the vaulternative logo? what's this holy crow at three o' clock about?<br><br>I now this questions maybe won't be asked "frequently" but nonetheless, could they be answered?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:43 am 

Hi All at ZFT,<br>A few questions:<br>Will the Beatles medley from '88 ever come out of the vault onto an official release?<br>Are there any plans to release video from the '88 tour on DVD? <br>Any chance of a complete '88 show being released on Vaulternative?<br>Assuming that the old videos make it to DVD will they be mixed in 5.1/DTS?<br><br>Looking forward to the next release(s)...........soon,<br>Gary ;D<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:05 pm 

has it occured to anyone that making a version of this site that would be accessible to blind humans might be a thing to consider?<br>I'm not blind, but would prefer, as a lot of Zappa fans who do web work for a living, to have a simple text based alternative that doesn't force you to suffer through "design" that is approved by people who really don't spend much time on the web. Don't get me wrong, not hanging out on the web, or watching TV all the time, IS A GOOD THING. It just doesn't serve you well when you have to MAKE web sites.  But heck, Zappa on the net has been a complete disaster, which considering his history of pioneering technology applications, is a sad irony.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:36 pm 

Hello guys from Barfko-Swill,<br>I am from Brazil and would like to say 'Congratulations from <br>this New Site - Amazing!!!!'  :D<br>Please, we need the Zappa`s Videos on DVD and more new releases - Dance me this, Trance-fusion, Petit... etc<br>Any chance to see a new/re-release from Zappa this year yet?<br>Best regards!!!<br>Julio Cesar<br>http://www.br-music.com (my personal Zappa`s collection)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:42 pm 

Dear ZFT<br>Just a few questions<br>1 Are you planning to release another GUITAR type album of material from the '88 tour?<br>2 Are you able to release on DVD the MTV special from '81?<br>3 Will we see any complete concerts on DVD?<br>4 When will OZ get to OZ???( Redeye Record store ordered it back in march)<br>5 Do you like the idea of Pink Chalk/Black Chalk? (see posts)<br><br>Keep up the good work<br><br>BGTEO, Peace & Love

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:25 am 

There's some fuss about this elsewhere on the board (thread entitled: ZFT & Ryko) so I thought I'd ask it here...<br><br>Is the distribution of the (future) albums on Vaulternative & UMRK/the ZFT going to be better in the (near) future?<br>I mean: will I be albe to get them in my local recordshop, in Europe, without having to get myself a credit card, without having to order them via mailorder in some other country ?<br><br>Shouldn't these albums be available to everybody, not only to those who have acces to the internet?<br><br>I don't care about high prices, I just want to go out to my local shop and buy them, instead of finding a friend who has a credit card and is willing to go to all the trouble for my sake. Since I am a student, I can't get a credit card because I don't have a regular income.<br><br>If there are going to be 4, 5 release from the Vault every year, they should be distributed in a normal way for everybodies sake... Please?<br>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:55 am 

hey there,<br><br>i've just been trawling through the other zappa/Beefheart sites on the net and have found some real video and audio beauties; 10 minute king kong video from the old grey whistle test, a 2 hour lecture given by frank, beefheart and i think george duke in 1975 and the mark radcliffe docs from 1993. i was wondering if the zappa.com team could work to get all these clips and rare pieces of history together on the site. not dvd or anything like that, just all the little bits of zappa magic thats floating around out there onto zappa.com for us to download and trasure

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:25 am 

Hey Diva are you going to make some hats for men.  My head is cold!!!  Love your art ...keep up the awesome work... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:40 am 

<br>  I have 2 questions:<br><br>1)  What is a Florentine Pogen, and<br>2)  What is a Confinement Loaf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next