Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:43 pm 

Gail,<br><br>Was Frank an atheist or agnostic?  <br><br>Would you come to my wedding in France next August?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:12 pm 

I think Im in love with Diva and her hats. Does she want to live in the cold climate of England with me, her knitting needle and my frying pan?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:29 am 

I see that FZ:OZ is now widely available through mail order outlets in the UK, thats the good news.<br>The bad news, for those of us who shelled out £35 or more for a copy, is that it only costs £17.99 almost half price.<br>Perhaps someone at ZFT can explain what is going on, if this is going to be the deal with future releases I will be waiting a couple of months and saving my cash.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:44 pm 

Can I play the Halloween '78 DVD-A release on a regular DVD/SACD player, or do I have to go buy a whole separate player just to listen to the music on the new release?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:18 pm 

I was just out to L.A. for the first time, and made sure I went and paid my respects to Frank.  I knew it would be hard to find based on info from another site, but did find it.  My question is , did Frank not want a stone?  Obviously time or cost were not the issue, but I really would like to know why there isn't some memorial marker, even a very basic one.  Thanks for all you and the foundation are doing to keep me in new Frank.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:02 am 

For Christmas I bought myself Kevin Courrier's book "Dangerous Kitchen: The Subversive World Of Zappa". A good read, most welcome, as anything FZ-wise which is well researched and respectfully constructed always is.<br><br>In the book Courrier supplies an URL for the completed panty quilt (www.arf.ru/misc/Quilt. ) but, on my computer at least, the site is "not found"... has this been relocated?<br><br>Also, and I ask purely out of ignorance, he also mentions a new (?) release called "Everything Is Healing Nicely" as well as a bootleg - I'm not sure whether this is a Zappa-approved item or just another rip-off - of some sort entitled "Apocrypha"... what have I missed? <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Paul Mason<br>Vancouver, B.C.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:28 pm 

[quote author=tempus link=board=faq;num=1031167242;start=165#165 date=01/02/03 at 12:02:15]For Christmas I bought myself Kevin Courrier's book "Dangerous Kitchen: The Subversive World Of Zappa". A good read, most welcome, as anything FZ-wise which is well researched and respectfully constructed always is.<br>...<br> he also mentions a new (?) release called "Everything Is Healing Nicely" as well as a bootleg - I'm not sure whether this is a Zappa-approved item or just another rip-off - of some sort entitled "Apocrypha"... what have I missed? <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Paul Mason<br>Vancouver, B.C.[/quote]<br><br><br>'Apocrypha' is a rather lavish (for a bootleg) 4 CD set that serves as a kind of extensive 'Lost Episodes' (indeed, some of the stuff on it appears on 'Lost Episodes'). It includes a lot of gems that have appeared elsewhere, but I like it because it contains a track I knew must exist, but that I hadn't located anywhere else. Ever since I first heard the 'Shut Up and Play Your Guitar' set, I've known there must be a vocal version of 'Heavy Duty Judy', purely because the melody fits the syllables of the title so well. And a vocal version exists on Apocrypha.<br><br>

--

http://standanddeliver.blogs.com
http://www.radiohaha.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:53 pm 

I was wondering... Since ZFT is now into the DVD-A format, any plans on releasing the quad mixes of Apostrophe or Overnite Sensation??? Thank, Bob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:39 pm 

With 'Ancient Armaments' finally out on [glow=red,2,300]METAL[/glow] any chance that 'Junier Mintz Boogie', 'Bognor Regis' or the one solo from The Guitar World According to FZ cassette will receive similar treatment in the near future? Maybe on 'Lost Episodes 2'? And will that (also) include the Syncalvier version of 'The Black Page'? And (finally) when am I gonna hear how to claim my $4 back for pre-ordering 'FZ:OZ'?!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:51 am 

;D<br>1.  The Halloween dvda is great!  Do you want to please me and release some more dvda?<br><br>2.  The Halloween dvda is great, but it won't play in my car.  Will this be available in CD form?<br><br>3.  I am very hungry for dvd videos versions of the Honker videos.  Will these be released this year?<br><br> ::)<br>4.  I read many messages from people complaining that you release overpriced or low quality stuff.  Are you blackmailing or otherwise forcing these people to buy your products?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next