Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:50 am 

Here is an easy question, - What`s the meaning of life?<br><br>And to Diva and Moon. More pictures on your websites pleeaassse!<br><br>Norwegian Zappa fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:07 am 

<br>[quote author=admin link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=0#0 date=09/04/02 at 11:20:42]<br>If you have a question for the Zappa Family, please post them here.  We are overhauling the FAQ section of the site and the most asked questions in this thread will be answered by the end of September 2002.  I will be watching over this thread and keeping track.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Keith.<br>[/quote]<br><br>1. Does Dweezil's recent mention of upgrading audio <br>releases to DVD-A apply to vault releases, <br>the Rykodisc catalog, or both?<br><br>2. Are Mock and Saunders still working on a Zappa<br>documentary?<br><br>3. How much additional production work needs to<br>be done to prepare the old Honker videos for re-release?<br><br>4. Are there any plans to release any of the following<br>video material that have been mentioned in interviews<br>or seen (sometimes briefly) in other video artificacts<br><br>a. American Dissident<br>b. You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore<br>c. Yellow Shark<br>d. The Rage and the Fury<br>e. Deserts (for Ensemble Modern Varese performance in 94,<br>I don't know how far Frank got with this)<br>f. Burnt Weenie Sandwich<br><br>5. Are there plans to release any of the following audio<br>a. Dance Me This<br>b. The Rage and the Fury<br>c. Trance-Fusion<br>d. FZ works prepared for Duckman soundtrack<br>e. Al Malkin tapes<br><br>6. Would you consider making Zappaween an annual event?<br><br>7. Would you consider filming Zappaween for posterity- and making it available to the public :) ?<br><br>8. Is there the slightest possibility of posting a listing<br>of what Vaultmeisters have cataloged in the vault and<br>some indication of how much remains to be cataloged?<br><br>9. Gail was working on at least one book. <br>Are there any plans to publish?<br><br>10. Back in the early 1990's there was talk of making<br>available to the buying public some of the samples<br>that had been made for the synclavier. <br>Is there any plan to make these available?<br><br>11. If one could venture a guess regarding the<br>the proportion of concert recordings to<br>non-concert recordings (studio, rehearsal,<br>soundcheck, field recordings  ;)) in the vault, <br>what would that guess be?<br><br>12. How is the ZFT involved in the announced<br>production by the Ensemble Modern of a cd<br>featuring Greggery Peccary and other FZ<br>compositions?<br><br>13. What is sozoarts role in the promotion or<br>production of Frank Zappa's music?<br><br>14. Is this year's NYC Zappaween going to occur?<br><br>Thanks!<br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:28 pm 

Great Googlymoogly, my first forum notation and I don't know where to begin.<br><br>First up, can you identify whether an additional cd will ever be released from the Zappa Tribute Concert in NYC at the Ritz in 1991 w/Dweezil, Keneally and Vai, amoung others? If you listen closely, there are about three tracks that fade into another track which didn't make the cd.  Not that this was anything better than Frank ever did, but I'm just curious as I believe this concert was family promoted and I'd be willing to invest into more pieces of this concert.<br><br>Secondly, OZ is impressing. And, as with all Frank's fans, I'm encouraged about future vault offerings.  For some reason though, I've never been enamored with Frank's or any artist's classical/chamber music.  I'm definately, more of a rock/blues/jazz listener.  Can you identify the type of concert that the next vault offering will be?  And as has been identified in the previous notes, a timeframe definition of next offering would help to preserve salivary glands for the down the stretch paper acquisition.<br><br>I could ask questions forever, but I'm getting lengthy.  Thank you so much for the opportunity to voice concerns/questions/anecdotes!<br><br>Frank Forever and You Are The Slime!  Wouldn't have it any other way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:58 pm 

it seems, after perusing the board, that there is video of the Roxy performance. if this is true, please, please, please release it ASAP. yes, i'm begging!!! :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:57 pm 

Keith,<br><br>1.  Will the Honker Home videos be available on DVD?<br><br>2.  Will any other notoriously bootlegged video surface as ligitimate releases, DVD or otherwise (i.e. The Yellow Shark, Halloween '81, Barcelona '88, etc., etc.)?<br><br>Keep it greasy!<br><br>muffinman72326

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:07 am 

AUDIO & VIDEO Samples of tentative releases?<br><br>This seems to be the norm for promoting AUDIO and VIDEO product on the net. <br><br>While ZAPPA RADIO and the overhaul to Zappa.com is a most remarkable enhancement to your web presence hopefully the visitors at Zappa.com can have some snipets that show some of Franks work that is not widely available. <br><br>Immagine if you will a place where one can always see video segment of at least 1 guitar solo, interview or orchestral <br>performance.<br><br>A proud supporter of the ZFT  <br><br>Gary T<br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:20 am 

WHERE CAN I GO TO GET A ZAPPA MASK FOR HALLOWEEN???????

you've got 'ta say it like you've got one in your mouth....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:51 pm 

I'm sure my concerns have been voiced many times over here, but if this will drive home the point, then here goes:<br><br>1. What's taking so long?  The Dead organization are releasing 3-4 triple CD sets per year of vault releases along with 2 mainstream releases per year. Not to mention at least 1 DVD per year. Sorry to compare, but surely you guys could crank it up a notch.<br><br>2. Why the exhorbitant prices? I could understand if the packaging was elaborate, but OZ came in a carboard sleeve. Once again, The Dead are releasing nicely packaged, full-color products at less than HALF of what you guys are charging.<br><br>3. Why the high shipping cost?<br><br>Thanx,<br>Respectfully,<br>John Coley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:35 am 

unfortunately this one is unlikely to be asked very frequently at all, but my daughter  :-* wants to know the name of the black cat on frank's shoulder on some of the cds (i remember reading in a fz book that the zappas had a cat called bitey-scratchy, or something like that, so that's who i tell her it is)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:37 am 

Dunno about the cat on the album cover but I think FZ's cat was called Fighty Bitey. Then again I could well be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:25 am 

[quote author=ZWoof link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=30#34 date=09/06/02 at 19:51:56]<br><br>2. Why the exhorbitant prices? I could understand if the packaging was elaborate, but OZ came in a carboard sleeve. Once again, The Dead are releasing nicely packaged, full-color products at less than HALF of what you guys are charging.<br><br>Thanx,<br>Respectfully,<br>John Coley<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, I agree John. I too was flabberghasted when I got over to the BS section to check out the possibility of buying up some of the titles that are now only gaps in my collection. <br><br>One of the first one's that caught my attention (even though I already have the old Ryko Apostrophe/Overnight" combo) was "Apostrophe"....20 freakin' bucks!!!!!! :O And then, for shits and giggles, I added it to my "cart" just to see the shipping cost. $9!!!!!! Yes, Nine FREAKING DOLLARS!!!!!!<br><br>For Pete's sake, I can drive five miles down the road to my favorite indy shop and get it for $13 right now without the anal rape to go along with it! For crying out loud, that album barely breaks the 30 minute mark in length and you want $20 for it! Same goes for "Overnight Sensation". Another teaser length album for $20!! >:(<br><br>Maybe the prices are listed in Canadian dollars?....or pesos even?  I don't know. But if you folks want to actually move some product, you better be moving some whole numbers and decimal points.  :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:29 am 

Is "Zappa in Oz" going to be released in my local recordstore or must I use a credit card + pay for shipment and wait a minor eternity before I get it with the mail?<br>I think this is a very importent issue also for the Zappa family since they can't expect to get very many cds sold if they only sell through barfko swill online.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:21 am 

i ordered the FZOZ cd many, many months ago. I checked back on the site and followed all the updates and posts about when it would finally ship. It is now well past the ship date and i still haven't received it in the mail? :-/ :'(<br>When might this arrive?<br>I will wait as long as needed but the waitings getting LONG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:38 am 

<br>[quote author=electricauntjemima link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=30#36 date=09/07/02 at 04:37:24]<br>Dunno about the cat on the album cover but I think FZ's cat was called Fighty Bitey. Then again I could well be wrong.<br>[/quote]<br><br>no, i think you're right - that does ring a bell . . . and it's a better name anyway. thanks jemima :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:08 pm 

Here are my questions for the Zappa family: <br><br>How are you all doing? <br>Are you happy? <br>I certainly hope so.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:12 am 

Is Gail planning on writing her version of the FZ saga? If not, which is the best one out there (besides Frank's)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:53 pm 

Will we ever see DVD of halloween 81 early and late show prefferably......and baby snakes???? I want it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next