Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:48 am 

you are absolutely correct on this on, Dr. Incl. , i mean what's the point of these vaulternative releases ? dvd-a, a format almost nobody i know owns, hey that's great. <br>Will the dvd releases, we are all ecpecting, be the so called new blue-dvds ? So we have to buy a dvd-a player and a blue-dvd player ??? <br><br>The ZFT should free the tapes or do something like the Dick's Picks Series of the Grateful Dead or the KCCC Editions of King Crimson. <br><br><br>BUT ONE QUESTION FOR THE ZFT: <br><br>When is all the unreleased synclavier stuff Frank was working on in his last years coming out ? Are there any release schedules or plans ? <br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:48 pm 

;)No question, just a comment. Thanks Gail. It's nice to know you care; we care; all Gawd's chillin' care; Can we get a big group hug going here? Maybe not, that other guy might drool on us.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:20 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
[quote author=SheikOyuraBeeg1 link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=45#55 date=09/17/02 at 18:48:36]<br> ;)No question, just a comment. Thanks Gail. It's nice to know you care; we care; all Gawd's chillin' care; Can we get a big group hug going here? Maybe not, that other guy might drool on us.<br>[/quote]<br>"Who is Gawd?", or should I ask "How many is Gawd, does he got quite a few, just sittin' around w/ nothing to do?"  Here's some Gawd-awful drool for ya...<br><br>Q: Why are Barfko-Swill prices so high compared to other internet outlets?  - drooling_savant <br>A: We are not responsible for other internet outlets and we also understand that they contain, in many instances, bootlegs and counterfeits.  ::)  Please expound on the "Bootleg and Counterfiet" problem so that I may be an informed shopper.  I always had a feeling about Tower Records. :D<br>Q: Can we expect to pay premium prices for future vault releases?  - drooling_savant <br>A: Expect the unexpected.  ::)  Pithy!!  I'll take that as a "Yes".<br>Q: Why do live FZ releases cost 50% more than live Dead "Dick's Picks" releases? Are they not comparable in terms of cost to produce?  - drooling_savant <br>A: Dick's Picks significantly do not contain Zappa.  ::)  It appears the line has been drawn in the sand.  FZ=$$$$  You go girl!  <br><br>The crux of the biscuit IS the apostrophe (Dick's Picks).  I actually made an unfair comparrison here.  OZ/$32/2-CD's/3wks late delivery(still have not recieved OZ!), compare to DP14/$24/4 CD's/3 days delivery via USPS.<br><br>"We have always encouraged people to buy the records at their local store, but if the stores don't have them or won't order them, we stock them for our customers convenience. And we have to buy them from Ryko." - GZ.  Now this I can understand and appreciate.   Thank you for providing this convienence.<br><br>All negativeness aside, I thought it was way cool of GZ (may I call you GZ?  u can call me drool. :D) to answer the "Zappaphile" questions with candor and affection, such that I had to reach for the super-absorbents.  :P ~drool~<br><br>I just can't wait for the next opportunity where  and when ZFT will skillfully seperate me from my hard earned dough.  Until then you'll find me in the used CD section.  File under Z.<br><br>Now, how about that hug?  :D<br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:20 pm 

Are any of the Zappa's Vegetarians? If so, which ones? <br><br>If you were to die, and there truly was a Heaven & Hell, where would you rather attend?<br><br>If there is a heaven/hell, I hope there is also another place for freethinking atheists.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:32 pm 

<br>[quote author=Democritus_AChE link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=45#58 date=09/17/02 at 21:20:26]<br>If there is a heaven/hell, I hope there is also another place for freethinking atheists.<br>[/quote]<br>Yep, it's called Limbo.  Be sure to pack your bullshit grinder.<br><br>What does a freethinking zappaphile atheists see when listening to their favorite FZ?  Gawd?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:17 am 

- Will there be a second volume of 'the Lost Episodes'? <br><br>.. and thanks for answering all the previous questions, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to see new Zappa products, preferrably in my local record store. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:25 am 

See, he drooled on me! Itold you so.Hey Frank, can you drop some drool on him from hebbin?<br>Mr. Drool, you am very entertainin ;D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:33 am 

<br>[quote author=SheikOyuraBeeg1 link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=60#62 date=09/18/02 at 05:25:55]<br>See, he drooled on me! Itold you so.Hey Frank, can you drop some drool on him from hebbin?<br>Mr. Drool, you am very entertainin ;D<br>[/quote]<br>We aims to pleeze.  Remember, it's just drool.  It washes out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:21 am 

Gail, great to see the site being tended too again (it seemed for awhile to be gathering dust almost)...looking great. Hope things are well with you and the family. Tell Moon I think she's a babe. Anyway...I do have a question but I fear it may be treading on delicate territory. I'm one of those Zappa fans who really digs the early Mothers Of Invention period and so am wondering if there will be any more early Mothers recordings released in the future. I'm aware of there have been problems legal and other-wise with the former members but any material from that period would be eagerly looked forward too by many fans such as myself. Thanks for your time.<br><br>Also...not sure about the details and what-not but I got the impression from a message on his website that Jimmy Carl Black may be having or has had some medical problems. Beyond that I know nothing.<br><br>Anyway, howdy to the Zappa family and also tell Moon I'm currently enjoying her book. Thumbs up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:13 pm 

Could you only change the colors of the replies on this forum. It's hard to read black letters on dark mauve (or is it purple ?). I wear glasses and it's hard for me to read such small letters on that obscure background. And, a 'previous - next' button at the bottom of the page would come in handy when we don't remember being in page 3 of 5.<br>Sounds simple ? I know it is. ;D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:24 pm 

1) are there plans to release stuff from the very early sixities and from the early Mothers ?<br><br>2) i am really drooling on a release of 200 motels performed in Amsterdam 2000. Any chances for a release or at least for the (announced) radio broadcast ?<br><br>3) are there plans to release SINISTER FOOTWEAR (full blown) all 3 movements ? We do need that ... :-)<br><br>finally 4) Thomas Nordegg filmed the tour in 1982. Will we get a dvd of that material ?<br><br><br>thanx for reading and i am looking forward for the answers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:14 am 

<br>[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=60#65 date=09/18/02 at 13:27:31]<br><br>Why is that question a delicate one ?<br><br>What is it what's important ? The music or any animosities or legal actions between the ZFT and former band members ??<br><br>What's next if that would be an important point to pick and choose future releases ??<br><br>According to the last Z-album the ZFT must have had a devere problem with Mike Keneally f.e. (look how they erased his credits and - even more childish - his head by subsitituting it with a dog's head) Does that mean we will never hear or see anything from the 1988-tour again ??<br><br>Or does that mean Mike's parts will be erased from the tape and substituted by another guitarist/keyboardplayer/vocalist who fits into the favour of the ZFT ??<br><br>.. :P<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>You're talking from your own point of view on this subject. How you see the question and how the Zappa family would see the question are two different matters so your whole argument is moot in my opinion. I think having former band members, especially the original Mothers, suing you just might affect your outlook on releasing more material where they are concerned...not to mention that Frank thought little of their performances. In short, your take on my question is irrelevant, and besides...the question wasn't meant for you to take issue with in the first place....unless your name is Gail Zappa.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:00 am 

<br>[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=60#74 date=09/19/02 at 04:40:02]<br><br><br>Sorry if I stepped on your dancing toes!! I thought this still is a thread of a forum and not you private letter box to the ZF.<br>Besides....Frank thought little of every human performance...so according to your proposals the ZF should release nothing but synclavier music...a proposal I could live with...<br>I promise to keep my mouth shut for the future - at least in this thread (unless I have to talk directly to Mrs. Zappa)  :-X<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Your light-weight sarcasm aside my little faceless balls-online-but-likely-NOT-when face-to face-teeney-bopper...my impression of THIS forum was that this WAS where one posted questions to the FAMILY....NOT to any Tom, Dick, or Harry who needs to open his cyber mouth to feel like a know-it-all. I'd unfortunetly expect this kind of lame-oid attitude in any other forum but this one seemed specific in it's intent....but I guess you hadn't noticed that in your fervor to be a big-shot. So save the tough guy stance for someone who's impressed by it, cause I sure ain't. Should have known better than to think a webboard on the official Zappa website might contain more of a mature attitude than the average board but two days in and I already see too damn much petty nitpicking for my taste...but if you feel you have to give me crap I'm more than able to return the favor...other-wise mind your business my little psuedo-cock-of-the-walk and maybe we'll get along just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:28 am 

[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=75#76 date=09/19/02 at 06:41:49]<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Poor logic man....my "voice" changed because of the snippiness you were putting over at me...until then I HAD no problem with anybody, including you. If you want me to show respect...then you have to give it as well. I'm sick of visiting boards where people throw attitudes around with little to no provocation to warrant it. My patience has reached it's end with that nonsense and I don't ignore it anymore. However, I'm perfectly willing to move on from here and co-exist in harmony with any and all, including you, but if you want to show attitude, expect to receive it. You're not the only one with an opinion, and I'm not going to be anybody's punching bag. So if when you say Peace...you actually mean it...then there won't be a problem between us. Cool? I hope so, cause I've long awaited a Zappa message board worth joining.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next