Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:22 am 

<br>[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=75#78 date=09/19/02 at 07:49:15]<br><br><br>Once again Dances, before we really close down this unentertaining discussion, I want to say two more things:<br>- I never entended to be offensive against you in any kind (same with anybody else in this forum). If I said "dancing toes" I didn't expect you to feel "attacked" - it should have been a friendly sidejoke...nothing else. I was pretty suprised about your agressive reaction that to my opinion was overdone...<br>- After all at least I agree that all of this might not have been posted in THIS thread. Although I'm not a teeny-bopper as you have posted (I wish I would still be this age...) I'm still able to learn, you see ?<br><br>So all in all: when I say "Peace" I really mean it...so let's stick our forces together...<br> :-* ;)<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Cool. BTW, how long has this board and the new site been in existense? I'd given up on the site a long time back and was pretty surprized to find all the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:23 am 

did i read on the michael hedges tribute page that his version of sofa was destined for a fz tribute album that dweezil was putting together? if so, is it coming/is it out/where can i buy it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:39 am 

It's Friday, time fo de weekly enema, so let's clean up dis web site. Peace and love, let's go to de dance together you zappa freaks. By de way danceman, I agree with you, too much bullshit be distortin my train of thought and confusin de mission of dis forum. I need mo galoot colognuh, not haiku.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:56 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=SheikOyuraBeeg1 link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=75#81 date=09/20/02 at 12:39:50]<br>It's Friday, time fo de weekly enema, so let's clean up dis web site. Peace and love, let's go to de dance together you zappa freaks. By de way danceman, I agree with you, too much bullshit be distortin my train of thought and confusin de mission of dis forum. I need mo galoot colognuh, not haiku.<br>[/quote]<br>And your question is?<br><br>The Haiku thread is a tounge in cheek containment tactic, which we are circumlocuting at this time for later publication.  If you have a flame regarding haiku-spew, then you are cordially invited to join in the drool at the Haiku page.  Otherwise, please appreciate the convienence of being able to avoid it all together.<br><br>~drool~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:02 am 

thanks for answering my first round of questions. (I'm not surprised to learn my epidermal outbreak is Cheney related.) <br><br>Is there any surviving film of the MOI at the Garrick and, if so, will it be released?<br><br>Also, I was wondering if there would be a compilation of FZ snippets from shows like The Monkees, Steve Allen, Mike Douglas, and others. (The first appearance on SNL with Jodie Foster would be fun, too, but the second visit, when FZ hosted was marred by a condescending cast and mediocre scripts.)<br><br>Keep up the great work. Let me know if you need a place to stay when visiting Brooklyn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:25 pm 

<br>[quote author=Adam link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=75#83 date=09/20/02 at 13:02:52]<br>The first appearance on SNL with Jodie Foster would be fun, too, but the second visit, when FZ hosted was marred by a condescending cast and mediocre scripts<br>[/quote]<br>Jodie Foster? Don't you mean Candice Bergen?  ???

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:00 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
Is there any film footage of the Zanzini Bros Sodomy Trick?  Whenever I listen to that bit on "PP" my imagination fails me miserably!  <br><br>Seriously, was it performed in other bands?  I only got to see Zappa twice in the mid seventies; Circle Star '74 and Winterland 76?77?  It was at the Winterland show that I remember the band doing unspeakable things w/ drum sticks and a PINKY doll. There was also some bending over of a band member.  At that time that stuff never clicked into my <br>then severely under-developed mind.<br><br>Was that The Sodomy Trick Variations perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:07 pm 

<br>[quote author=Syanshrimp link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=75#86 date=09/21/02 at 12:55:24]<br>Will there be a release of some sort of the Beatles' material from the '88 tour? Someone (Sheik thingy) on the forum suggested streaming it on Zappa radio if the legalities prevent a CD release. Any thoughts?<br>[/quote]<br>As much as I'd like to hear the Beatles material, I don't think it's a good idea to release it as long as Jacko the Wacko owns shares of the Lennon-McCartney catalog. Hopefully, Michael's career will go the way of his nose and completely disappear, forcing him to sell his shares in order to cover the cost of further plastic surgery and his subscription to Boy's Life magazine.<br><br>Is Jermaine still a Negro?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:47 am 

Hi Keith,<br>Thanks for the answers to my questions, unfortunately I am no wiser as a result of your responses though.<br>The suggestion that non US residents can pay by International Money Order(IMO) me help some folks in some countries but not those of us residing in the UK. IMO's were discontinued here a few years ago as everyone, except ZFT/BS, accepts CC's nowadays so there was no demand for them.<br>I can get a bank draft made out in $$'s but it would cost me £25, if you add that to the cost of the disc, P&P, 17.5% VAT and customs fees a copy of FZ:OZ will cost me almost $100 :o <br>Eventually I got my copy from G&S Music but it still cost me $45.<br>I have CC's issued in the UK by US banks, MBNA for example, would you accept these?<br>On the question of prices I can pick up a copy of any available FZ 2 cd set for around £15($23) in Tower or HMV so which store did you check out?<br>I am really fed up at having to moan all the time but I just don't understand why the business of accquiring FZ music has to be so complicated/expensive/painful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:33 pm 

Thanks for answering my question, Gail.  I have one more, how much are you paying Keith?  However much it is, it isn't enough.<br><br>muffinman72326

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:37 pm 

Why won't you add my website to the Linx page?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:32 pm 

When will we actually see some shows released? The first offerring never made it to my mailbox (after many, many months since I ordered it)... and the prices seem awfully high.... at this rate all the Zappa fans who actually went to the shows will be dead.... very discouraged so far... and the comment regarding Dick's Picks.... I guess the Dead Vault organization has it more together... 25+ releases....plus 2 DVD-A release...   a lot less money!... sound quality is good on them too....   fans like them... end of point. One more note... Zappa.com with the Flash 6.0 crashes all over the place on both Macs and PCs (I tried both) ... looks like the organization didn't do their testing... are they the same people in charge of the Vault releases... ughh... <br>maybe I should just go away and find some other live music to enjoy... not the way I remembered the good old days when Frank was around. Didn't think it would turn out like this after he passed. The more I type, the more I am losing interest in this.... I hope the fans get some of those tapes eventually.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:31 pm 

Why weren't the 1998 Remasters of You Are What You Is and Tinseltown Rebellion advertised more on Zappa.com or Rykodisc?  I just got them the other day (I had to order overseas for them) and they sound fabulous.  Is Spencer Chrislu going to remix and/or remaster anything else?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:47 am 

When FZ prepared his catalog for CD release ten years ago, certain releases sounded great & full! (Hot Rats, Live in NY, Burnt Weenie, OSFA...) However, certain releases sounded thin &  substandard (Zoot Allures, Shiek Yerbouti, YAWYI...). Will any (or all) of the FZ catalog be upgrated in the near future?  And if so...would the original raw analog masters be mixed to digital? The original LP acetates just be remastered? Or will the FZ (87-93) masters be used?<br><br> ;) Secret Wish!!!...When the FZ catalog is re-released, please include audio rarites such as alternate single, mono, quad, rehearsals, & live mixes from the original era. Hotcha!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:21 pm 

This is not really a question, but I am a new fan to Frank Zappa, and I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the zappa.com radio!!!  It is such a great thing for you to give us, and I'm telling you right now, more Zappa CD's will be bought as a result of it, by me and many others I'm sure... Other artists could learn from this!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:45 pm 

Are there any recordings of Varese music that were produced by or otherwise involved Zappa?<br><br>How come when I try to order a FZ OZ disc it refuses to be added to my cart?  Nothing can be added for that matter.  The cart is perpetually empty.  Is this a trick to try and prevent me spending money?<br><br>Thank you for your time!  Frank's music makes me happy and I can't get enough of it!!!!!<br><br>Vandan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:28 pm 

I still don't seem to have my $4 off promised me for waiting patiently for FZ-OZ. I was told last week that it would be resolved this week, and it hasn't been

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:46 am 

Hello there,hope all at fz house are well.<br>I would just like to say ,that the sooner you get the fz dvds<br>out,the sooner people like me .will stop being ripped off by<br>people selling sub standard videos,cdis etc.<br>I have been a fan for many years now ,being new to the internet. I looked on e-bay and wow lots of copys of babysnakes etc. so i ordered ,and what did i get a shite copy of a copy,mono,grainy and on 2 tapes.<br>So please get these dvds out soon,so that i can enjoy fz the way it was ment to be perfect.Also the money goes back to you so we can have more. Thanks for your time,and keep up the good work. ;D ;D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next