Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Z
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:10 am 

Hello!<br><br>Any chance of Ahmet and Dweezil getting back together for some sweeeet "Z" music? I would also love a live CD, or even better a live DVD of them in concert. Any chance of this happening?<br><br>They really kick ass as a live band!!!!<br><br>Thanks to all at ZFT for giving us the best music ever....<br><br>And remember :<br><br>Get Zappa out on DVD NOW!!!<br><br>Cheers<br>Ding thomaso  ;)

Ding

Post subject: Re: Z
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:19 pm 

It wouldn't be "Z" without Mike Keneally.<br><br>He was the genius behind the BIG MEDLEY and many of the harmonies and arrangements for the band.<br><br>Dweezil's well has become dry without Keneally's push and direction.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:31 am 

forgive my ignorance, but does anybody know what mike keneally did to piss off the ZFT?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:56 am 

from what I understand, Mike was leaking some boots out of the Vault. Don't know how successful he was.<br><br>He worked on the Frank Zappa Plays The Music of Frank Zappa cd...then....no more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:22 am 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=faq;num=1034028605;start=0#4 date=11/21/03 at 11:56:55]from what I understand, Mike was leaking some boots out of the Vault. Don't know how successful he was.<br><br>He worked on the Frank Zappa Plays The Music of Frank Zappa cd...then....no more.[/quote]<br><br>Trance-Fusion was one. Seems to be the only one that has leaked in the last 5 years or so that is that good to be from the vault.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:21 am 

From what Mike has said the reason is because Dweezil and Mike had a misunderstanding about scheduling and Mike wanted to pursue his own career.  Since then Dweezil and Mike have seen and talked to each other.  Mike also says he never took anything from the vault.<br><br>As far as Z is concerned, I doubt it will ever happen.  Ahmet has his own band and Dweezil does a lot of behind the scenes stuff for radio and film.  He is producing his girlfriend's stuff and helping her write.  I did get to hear an EP that he made and he says he is going to release an album sometime in the near future.  I would love to see Ahmet and Dweezil play together again but since they never see each other getting together to write is really hard.  <br>As far as Mike being the genius behind Z, I would have to seriously say that isn't true.  Even Mike says that Dweezil was the absolute boss when Z was together, everything had to be exactly as DZ wanted it.  Dweezil is amazing, and Ahmet isn't bad either(his band has amazing songs).  I love Mike and think he is very talented but he has a completely different style from Z.

Have a great day...Tricia