Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: THE PLAN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:27 pm 

Am I the only one who thinks Chris is coming off like an egotistical ass?<br><br>Chris, why must you immediately resort to insulting people when you are trying to promote your book?  This is a positive thing and you shouldn't be so insecure you need to defend yourself before anyone criticizes it.  You're not giving anyone a chance to congratulate you.<br><br>And why must you compare it to Ben Watson's work?  Even if Poodle Play has mistakes in it and there maybe things in it that not everyone agrees upon, but it is his opinions (and he received FZ's approval).    <br><br>Okay, now go ahead and call me a TV-watching, "common man" who will fade away because I never wrote a book...And Mungo, join in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:06 pm 

I have to agree that Chris didn't choose the most graceful way to bow out of the forum. However I think you should take some of his comments with a pinch of salt, given the rational content of his posts in the past. I also think that Chris's bitterness is aimed at a small minority rather than the whole forum (he said as much in his post).It's a shame for this forum to lose anyone, God knows there are precious few Zappa fans left......<br><br><br>'You know we got to stick together..'<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:48 am 

[quote author=Mr. Canadian link=board=faq;num=1043783876;start=0#3 date=01/28/03 at 18:39:02]I *love* the "I'm leaving" posts. If your going to leave then why bother telling everyone? Hell, when I leave a forum, I just do it.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, like that Bickford person...just up and left...<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:41 pm 

It's amazing how much kindergarten drama we see on this board...<br>Frankly, I hope this is some sort of sophisticated joke, otherwise it is just too childish for somebody who is over 11 years old.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:45 pm 

theres more too this than meets the eye : klaatu has a point about the publicity stuff , they say theres no such thing as bad publicity - was old cf just spinning his book ?  i mean, it makes sense - we are the potential buyers of it . i dont recon he needed the info from the forum people , he did that much research himself and its all readily available on the web - enough for 10 zappa books. <br>you know when he posted the HEY CATPUKE  stuff he took a battering but backed down when everyone said - no case cf , so i dont see his quitting as an ego thing , though you do get that from his posts on the zappa side - maybe his achillies heel , who knows . <br>anyway , i liked old cf whatever his personal foibles - and we all have em - the row bout accuracy cuts both ways and others got quite pent up over it , so he aint alone regarding the inflated fz info ego accusations. so what anyway , i dont see the deal. <br>i really fuckin hate it when someone gets jumped on in a thread a whole gang all posting the same crits , like with mattie_hattie ( whatever his name ) . right now its all i can do to contain a terrible rage thats buildin up inside me ( i exaggerate - im no psyco - well just a bit ) -i tell you this - if i where a gunslinger there would be a few shot up - fuck it - i wont mention the name but he can have a good old MUG of dog vomit on me -  dick.<br>shit - ill calm down. ok thats it -<br><br>COME BACK CHRIS - I LOVES YER , BLINDLY<br><br>mungo<br><br>ps - the barbacue thing - change it to - lynching luncheon - it a more accurate description.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:53 am 

Of course CF can write whatever he wants, and spew til his heart's content on this Forum. But remember this CF,years ago Frank called the author of the original Zappalog, Nobbi O. a "pootmeister" and was adamant in his disdain for someone who would write an unauthorized (and cheesy) account of his life's work. I had contemplated writing a definitive account, a monumental opus of zappafacts until I was made aware of his views, which I respect, so I forgot it, as should you. Utilize your vast knowledge of FZ trivia to enhance the Forum and it's participants, not your wallet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:53 pm 

as a public figure frank zappa is a legit. subject for biography, be that authorised or not. there are many in franks life who are entitled to their say on potentially contentious stories surrounding them / their dealings with frank. no one may have a monpooly on the truth - a biog is always far more than its subject - it impinges on other people too. so what if fz said unauthorised biogs. suck - it doesnt detract from their accuracy. i dont advocate this sort of implied censorship. <br><br>who you are is perhaps 1/2 how you see yourself and 1/2 how others see ya ?<br><br>TRFZB - what is it zf ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:35 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=faq;num=1043783876;start=0#10 date=01/31/03 at 17:53:08]as a public figure frank zappa is a legit. subject for biography, be that authorised or not. there are many in franks life who are entitled to their say on potentially contentious stories surrounding them / their dealings with frank. no one may have a monpooly on the truth - a biog is always far more than its subject - it impinges on other people too. so what if fz said unauthorised biogs. suck - it doesnt detract from their accuracy. i dont advocate this sort of implied censorship. <br><br>who you are is perhaps 1/2 how you see yourself and 1/2 how others see ya ?<br><br>TRFZB - what is it zf ?<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>.it's 6 of 1<br>and 1/2 a doz of th other<br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:35 pm 

[quote author=ZF link=board=faq;num=1043783876;start=0#13 date=03/29/04 at 00:28:44]<br><br><br>Hey Stridie, thats a real ol' thread uve digged up here.... ::)[/quote]<br><br>An oldie ,..but a Goody ZF<br><br>I'm in a retro phase  :-/