Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Roxy DVD Street date?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:43 am 

Hi,<br> <br>Does anyone have a clue when the Roxy DVD will be released?The  teaser is amazing! ;D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:50 am 

If we're lucky, sometime within the next two years. <br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:12 pm 

Man.... :'( :'( :'( :'(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:42 am 

>:(  Yeah, I been waiting(like evryone else!) for the brilliant looking, incredibly long, uncut Roxy dvd ever since I bought "BS" way back when! I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE THIS EXACT BAND & BESIDES THE 88 TOUR BAND IT'S MY FAVE!<br><br> Imean WHY put a teaser on "BS" if you're not gonna release it right away? The date on the teaser has a 1999 copyright date on it AND it says that FZ remastered these performances in 1987, so what da fuck, WHERE IS THE DAMNED THING?<br><br>I CAN'T GET ANYONE AT THEIR EMAIL SITES TO RESPOND<br>& GIVE AN ASNWER, SO IF ANYONE-ANYONE HAS A CLUE<br>TO THIS SUMBITCH BEING RELEASED, PLEASE POST WHAT YOU KNOW. <br><br> AGAIN, I'M VERY DISAPOINTED AT GAIL &  THE ZFT!!<br><br> COME ON GAIL, GET GOING! YOU KNOW YOU'LL SELL A SHIT LOAD OF THESE DVD'S NO MATTER WHAT YOU'D CHARGE!!<br><br> A VERY FRUSTRATED ZAPPAHOLIC! >:(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:00 am 

Are you in a hurry to die? - MTF<br><br>yes indeed, why rush to see that which will almost certainly be yer ultimate once-in-a-lifetime, never to be surprassed audio-visual experience - better to leave it till yer final year in this world for maxium appreciation. i am the alpha and the omega - i am yer roxy dvd. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:37 am 

well i just happen to observe many similaritys in the behavior of the die-hard zappa fan and many of our born-again bretherin - just watch frank work the crowd during an audiance participation event and then attend a charasmatic church service - at each there is a good chance you will see folks up on stage speaking in strange tongues, performing antics, dances and manouvers they would otherwise never dream of performing elsewhere and generally allowing themselves to be " led " in a way they would not ordinarially permitt. <br>it is not for nothing that frank gave personal protection to Brother A. West - they where both in it together. <br><br>moreover, the vault = the ark of the covenant. i believe.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:10 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=faq;num=1078919013;start=0#14 date=04/18/04 at 22:48:44]...All right: who wants to be the Pope? ....[/quote]<br>[center]let's hear it for another great rejected mexican, ladies & gentlemen;<br>rubén funkahuátl guevara[/center]<br><br>[center][sub]r+jets[/sub]<br>Image[/center][center]motorhead, tony duran, buffalo roberts, bill wild, <br>b. zamora, rubén guevara, j. martinez, frog camarena[/center]<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:52 am 
Banned

[center][quote author=Vincent link=board=Roxy;num=1030027234;start=45#56 date=04/30/04 at 16:17:13]So when is the Roxy DVD out anyway?[/quote]<br>[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=Roxy;num=1030027234;start=45#57 date=04/30/04 at 16:25:46]<br><br>NEVER!!!!!! STOP!<br><br>We will all be either old, dead, or dooling all over ourselves with alzheimers by the time the ZFT gives us the fucking thing!!!!  ::)[/quote]<br>JAYPFUNK: Be patient. Be optimistic. Be anything but a prick.<br><br>[quote author=unica link=board=wishList;num=1072281016;start=0#2 date=12/25/03 at 02:33:23]Part of the "The Keeper of the Flame" interview with Gail Zappa in Mojo magazine january 2004: <br> <br>Also just released is the Ensemble Modern on RCA playing the music of Frank Zappa. Another classical project is a documentary made by dutch film maker Frank Scheffer. He wants to make a film about Frank the composer. We are just trying to raise the money and finish it as a feature film by the end of next year! <br> <br>Further audio releases include the much noted Trance-Fusion and Dance me This sets. <br> <br>Then there is two CD/Film projects, the first a collection of of Frank's performances of composer Edgar varèse, the second a new version of 1974's Roxy and Elsewhere live set. <br> <br>The Roxy is archive footage with all the material Frank allready mixed. There is a whole other cd, but the problem is that there is no synchronisation. It took a lot of money to put it together. Now we have 4 hours of raw footage to deal with. We have just started going thru (tapes of ) interviews so now we have Frank telling us what we should do with certain things. He is still the boss!  <br> <br> [/quote]<br><br>[/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:28 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=faq;num=1078919013;start=15#17 date=05/01/04 at 13:52:53][center]<br><br>JAYPFUNK: Be patient. Be optimistic. Be anything but a prick.<br><br><br>[/center][/quote]<br><br>Hey Ren/THING FUCK.... Eat my unwashed Lederhosen you cocksucker!!!<br>How many usernames are u going for here anyway??

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:33 pm 
Banned

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=faq;num=1078919013;start=15#19 date=05/05/04 at 11:28:00]Hey Ren/THING FUCK.... Eat my unwashed Lederhosen you cocksucker!!!<br>How many usernames are u going for here anyway??[/quote]<br><br>Image

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:06 pm 
Banned

[center][quote author=WhiteFish link=board=faq;num=1078919013;start=0#0 date=03/10/04 at 03:43:33]Hi,<br> <br>Does anyone have a clue when the Roxy DVD will be released?The  teaser is amazing! [/quote]<br><br>Soon (but not too soon)! <br>;D[/center]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:34 am 
Banned

[quote author=Fredo En Regalia link=board=faq;num=1078919013;start=15#23 date=06/28/04 at 18:04:14]AM I THE ONLY ONE thinking roxy won't happen?[/quote]<br><br>No, there's Jaypfunk ... ::)

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan