Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:25 am 

I was surprised to see there was absolutely no  FZ's music whatsoever <br>in the Itunes Music Store, how could be one of the most important composers of the last century be left out to a giant audience waiting to download FZ to their personal hard drives. <br><br><br>Even more surprised I am knowing that FZ could be the VERY reason why am able to tune music channels on my TV, and fullfill my fondle-fetish necesities enjoying artwork and related info on the artist/release. Also, he proposed the music industry to fund a new system to deliver the product through TV cable or phone (no internet in those days) and require the  services of a team of mega-hackers  to write the software for this system.<br><br><br>Well, 20 some years later napster and the internet did what Frank thought of and the future seems to go digital ALL THE WAY. FZ received (actually Dweezil did) the Surround Pioneer Award, presented by Steve Vai, now that sorround has invaded, for good, our homes and hi-fi devices. He used the same principals 30 YEARS AGO!!! and might have ,as well, given foundation to the new phase of music industry.<br>I already own FZ work, but just wanted to know what's the FZ's trust take on this matter, or if they are considering the subject of making FZ available digitally through the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:16 am 

Great post, man. Welcome to the FZ Forum. I'm assuming that either:<br><br>a. the ZFT do not feel that the current formats are up to snuff with the meticulous FZ standard, or<br>b. they just have better things to do right now?<br><br>I'm sure that we'll be hearing more about this sometime soon. <br>Hell, we might even get a response in here one of these days!  ::) </whinging>

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:14 pm 
Zappa Family Trust
Zappa Family Trust

Before the year is out FZ's Music will be available on iTunes & yes, it does matter to us that it is not available globally and that while it is a great thing to be able to find almost anything it has unfortunately given new meaning to the concept "I got it for a song" - which always meant cheap and now, for the artist, cheaper still.  That being said, we will be releasing in iTunes, on cd, on sacd, in dts, and vinyl.  Some projects will be limited to only one format - others, across several.<br><br>gz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:09 pm 

[quote author=gz link=board=faq;num=1086182737;start=0#3 date=06/16/04 at 20:14:50]....and vinyl....[/quote]<br>new releases in vinyl !!   love it...it's a dream come true Image<br><br>welcome to the forum gail & thanks for j's corsage... quite a pleasant surprise :o

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:29 am 

You can find Jean-Luc Ponty plays Frank Zappa in jazz section, It's a start  ;D

[color=#004080]somewhere there[/color]