Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:49 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
I love animals, they're delicious!   ;)<br><br>And as far as a Higher Power goes - What do you call it, hmmmm?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:36 pm 

<br>[quote author=Chris_Federico link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=0#11 date=09/23/02 at 13:25:48]<br>Why is meat-eating lumped in with smoking and drinking? Your body developed itself as a carnivorous system. Contrary to popular vegan literature, you are naturally a meat-eater. Sorry to break it to ya.<br><br>However, if you like being a vegetarian, great, terrific, wonderful, whatever you enjoy. You have the right to your own diet without catching shit from anyone. However, let's not pretend it's as unhealthy as, say, excessive drinking of liquor or something. Meat has vitamins and protein in it that your body likes.<br><br>Personally, I enjoy being at the top of the food chain quite a bit.<br><br>From the moral standpoint, let's be clear that animals do not have "rights." I think it's ridiculous to be unnecessarily cruel to animals, but let's not equate them with humans!<br><br>There are no "rights" in the animal kingdom itself -- no legal recourse, no complaints of abuse, no civil entitlements. The animal kingdom is a vicious, survival-of-the-fittest "society," and humans are the only creatures intelligent enough to evolve anything like laws or civility. Imposing these rights on animals is misplaced and inaccurate personification, like pretending a tiger is "smiling" or something, just because that's what we identify with as humans.<br><br>I eat cow. I am not a cow. I hope that explains it clearly enough so I can stop rambling.  :)<br><br><br>CF<br><br>[/quote]<br>And uh, do you have sources for these conclusions? Actually, I learned quite differently in biology and studying anatomy. At any rate, I hate to break it to you, but we are omnivores and evolved from vegetarian animals.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:43 pm 

Damn, I didn't think a question would turn into such a long debate.<br><br>What I think is funny is the so called experts here who are actually ignorant enough to say we require the protien in meat! That is such a laugh. You got it all wrong, a BA stands for Bachelors in Arts, not Bullshitting Asshole.<br><br>A: Everything we need we can get from vegetables. It don't take a biology graduate student to figure that out.<br><br>B: Most vegetarians I know are much more knowledgeable about nutrition than most meat eaters I have met. Thus, they understand more about nutrition. If you would spend more time in learning how to eat your meat and less time how to play with it, maybe you would learn something. You can eat meat and be healthy, I can agree with that, but you need to learn to adjust for that lifestyle, or any lifestyle for that matter. <br><br>C: The protein argument shows how utterly ignorant some of you are. If you can ever make it into a community college class, or even do a little research over the internet, you can find out that we in fact get too much protien in this country.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:02 pm 

<br>[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=30#37 date=09/23/02 at 20:51:16]<br><br><br>Tell you what, veggie-boy. If you ever learn to spell protein I'll listen to your arguments; until then take your dipshit diatribes and shove 'em up your ass.<br>[/quote] sp:phew! :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:10 pm 

<br>[quote author=Democritus_AChE link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=30#36 date=09/23/02 at 20:43:11]<br>Damn, I didn't think a question would turn into such a long debate.<br><br>What I think is funny is the so called experts here who are actually ignorant enough to say we require the protien in meat! That is such a laugh. You got it all wrong, a BA stands for Bachelors in Arts, not Bullshitting Asshole.<br><br>A: Everything we need we can get from vegetables. It don't take a biology graduate student to figure that out.<br><br>B: Most vegetarians I know are much more knowledgeable about nutrition than most meat eaters I have met. Thus, they understand more about nutrition. If you would spend more time in learning how to eat your meat and less time how to play with it, maybe you would learn something. You can eat meat and be healthy, I can agree with that, but you need to learn to adjust for that lifestyle, or any lifestyle for that matter. <br><br>C: The protein argument shows how utterly ignorant some of you are. If you can ever make it into a community college class, or even do a little research over the internet, you can find out that we in fact get too much protien in this country.<br><br>[/quote]<br>You should eat more vegetables.  Unfortunately for you, you seem to be spritually bankrupt and so full of your self I feel like Adriana on "The Soporano's", when she ponders the thought of telling Tony that she brought a FBI agent to Sunday dinner!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:59 am 

Moderation in everything seems a sensible approach...too much red meat/animal protein can lead to health problems....and never any animal protein at all deprives the body of essential nutrients. I've read of a 30-year strict vegetarian coming down with early dementia difficulties and after a long and baffling investigation it was determined he had starved his body of animal protein all those years and suffered as a result. Too much of anything is bad for you as is too little so in conclusion....everything in moderation. There are always two sides to every coin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:03 am 

Cows are dumb.<br>Cows are slow.<br>Eat cows!<br><br>Excuse me, I have to go choke my chicken.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:19 am 

Location: 13th Floor Elevator, Enron Hubbard Bldg. Deep in the Heart of (Houston) Texas
Vegetarian? I don't mind eating Vegetables, but the Orderlies object if you don't put 'em back in their wheelchairs once you're finished. :o<br><br>Sorry, I'm a Humanitarian.  ;D I eat my ol' lady every chance I get.<br><br>Y'know, a great man once philosophized that "a lot of people don't know what to say to say to their friends in the vegetable kingdom..."<br><br>"Don't let yer meat loaf, heh, heh, heh,"<br><br>Walter Five (who can think of all sort of conceptual continuities for this topic! Lighten UP, people!) <br><br>  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:52 am 

<br>[quote author=Walter_Five link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=45#49 date=10/02/02 at 10:19:41]<br>Vegetarian? I don't mind eating Vegetables, but the Orderlies object if you don't put 'em back in their wheelchairs once you're finished. :o<br><br>Sorry, I'm a Humanitarian.  ;D I eat my ol' lady every chance I get.<br><br>Y'know, a great man once philosophized that "a lot of people don't know what to say to say to their friends in the vegetable kingdom..."<br><br>"Don't let yer meat loaf, heh, heh, heh,"<br><br>Walter Five (who can think of all sort of conceptual continuities for this topic! Lighten UP, people!) <br><br>   <br>[/quote]<br>There's something fishy about Walter's post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:16 pm 

You probably ARE asking the Zappa's but for what it's worth, I fell like a traitor (!) eating meat and petting the dog!!<br>I can't with a clear conscience eat meat. Especially after I found out how bad their "living" conditions are. (hate the idea of testing shit on animals too-test  the stuff on some fuckin' lifer who axe murdered and cannibalized a family of 5)<br> ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:49 pm 

[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=30#37 date=09/23/02 at 20:51:16]<br><br><br>Tell you what, veggie-boy. If you ever learn to spell protein I'll listen to your arguments; until then take your dipshit diatribes and shove 'em up your ass.<br>[/quote]<br>Wow, you sure showed me. I must be really stupid. It's a wonder how I got acceptance letters from so many doctrate programs. <br><br>Of course, according to you, intelligence has to do with how good your spelling is on a Frank Zappa forum, not how much you actually know... <br><br>What was I thinking?! Tell you what, I will quit college, quit the whole Ph.D. thing and I will spend all my time making sure I can spell protein on an internet forum. Maybe them I will end up just like you, which I assume will be in a trailor park somewhere in San Bernadino.<br><br>It's really lame when the only defense you can make for your straw man argument is to insult someones spelling on an internet music forum. <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:13 pm 

Diet is a tricky and personal issue from what I've seen, heard, read and digested.  However, there is one important scientific test to consider:  If your poop floats, you are eating right.  <br><br>Now let's never speak of it again! ;D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:58 am 

If God doesn't want us to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:53 pm 

<br>[quote author=AnotherSteve link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=45#55 date=10/11/02 at 13:58:49]<br>If God doesn't want us to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?<br>[/quote]<br>That assume one believes in such an archaic idea such as god(s).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:58 pm 

[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=45#53 date=10/06/02 at 23:14:44]<br><br><br>It is amazing that you've been considered for any doctoral programs at all, since you think they're called "doctrate programs."<br><br>("Doctrate" isn't a word. I suggest avoiding it and "protien" in any correspondence between yourself and your many post-graduate suitors!) Regards,<br><br>MTH.<br>[/quote]<br>As I said, you sure showed me... <br><br>I am so stupid because I misspelled a few words on an internet forum devoted to Frank Zappa. I am sure I will fail. I mean, after all, intelligence is not how much you know, but how good you can spell. It doesn't matter how much I know about statistics, or brain functions, but rather how many words I can spell on an internet forum. <br><br>In fact, to hell with this. I am going to quit college, and everytime I post here I will look all my posts over twice. I type too fast and don't read my posts and check for errors. That is stupid of me. Instead of spending so much time on a thesis, I will spend my days and nights correcting my spelling, and the spelling of others on an internet forum dedicated to a wonderful musician. Zappa would hate me for being so stupid and mispelling a few words...<br><br>Actually, I'm being sarcastic. You are an idiot. I can't believe anyone is as ignorant as you. The only defense you have for your diet is to attack someones spelling? That is so lame... By the way moron, it's also called a "doctorate" program. I guess they don't teach that in trailer parks in Berdino aye?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:34 am 

[quote author=Chris_Federico link=board=faq&num=1032129445&start=45#58 date=10/14/02 at 13:16:20]<br>Democritus,<br><br>You have contributed to a thread about vegetarianism with the most childish, irrelevant sort of response possible: a personal attack on someone you don't know, have never met, and have no business making intellectual judgements about. This has nothing to do with the subject itself.<br><br>You've been found out, man. Give it up. You spelled everything wrong that you claim to be studying. It's not like the guy was wrong in pointing that out. He was making an observation.<br><br>Insulting forum members outright is the only "idiotic" action I've seen here, so keep your juvenile name-calling away from us grownups, okay? He called your bluff, and now you're responding in the only manner you have left: insults. They're not making you look any smarter, if that's your motive.<br><br><br>CF<br>[/quote]<br>Excuse me? I was insulted and attacked and I responded. Again, I did not know that spelling had to do with how much one knows... Wow, you got me so good.<br><br>So him saying this was in no way an insult, it was all me right?<br><br>"Tell you what, veggie-boy. If you ever learn to spell protein I'll listen to your arguments; until then take your dipshit diatribes and shove 'em up your ass."<br><br>Just because you are buddies with someone does not mean you need to act as dumb as them by defending them when in fact they are the ones who started insulting others. I am new here, and I can see that though Zappa is a great musician, he attracts some low life fans such as yourself. <br><br>I posted a question for the Zappa family, a few of you responded with insults and attacks, and I responded back. Now you are crying like a little girl and playing the victim on how mean I am and so on... Please, get a life and stop insulting people who come to these forums. People like you ruin online forums. The quesiton was not addressed to you anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next