Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:54 am 

One more time for the world:<br>Poop.<br>Float.<br>Health.<br><br>'Fang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:52 pm 

Quote:
<br>First of all, he's not my "buddy," since I've never met him.<br>
<br>Well you defend him like a girlfriend...<br><br>
Quote:
<br>Secondly, when you post a question, it's taken for granted that it's a question to EVERYONE. If you wanted to just ask one person a question, there's private messaging.<br>
It was obviously directed at the Zappa's.<br><br>
Quote:
<br>Third, it's people who use insults who "ruin forums."<br>
<br>Yep, that is what I said. However, I notice when you insult those people back they whine and play the victim.<br><br>
Quote:
<br>I don't care about your spelling. Couldn't care less.
<br>So why did you bring it up if you didn't care? <br><br>
Quote:
<br>But it's very obvious that you know next to nothing about medicine, next to nothing about dietary science, and absolutely zero about how to write intelligent things.
<br><br>Oh it is... Damn and I though I was doing so well... What the hell are you talking about? When did I say I know anything about medicine?<br><br>Oh, and you are an expert on dietary science? Read back through your messages; I did. It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.<br><br>Oh, and statments like: <br><br>
Quote:
They exist to be killed and eaten. YUM. Pass the burger!
Yeah, and you say I have nothing intelligent to say... At first you made some almost intelligent statements then you resort to childish statments like this and you question my intelligence... Okay, fine, have fun. Enjoy your forum, the new guy will leave. Enjoy your trailer space too...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:33 am 

There is good reason to fear for the future of those who need medical attention:  I read recently that the average MD has taken only TWO CREDIT HOURS of Nutrition throughout his/her entire educatium!  Lawdy Peoples, we got's a situatium!<br><br>'fang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:28 am 

Another sad fact (a little off-topic, but since vegetarianism is inextricably linked to herbalism/new age gumbo):  Though there may in fact be a viable cancer treatment, heck even a cure, in the herbal, "all-natural" world, we will never know because there is no sponsorship for the research.  Why no sponsorship?  Because you can't patent an all-natural product!<br><br>So all we are left with are the new-age weirdos, instead of serious research into herbal or folkloric medicine.<br><br>Much of the same idea may be applied to nutritional science.  Don't trust any research unless you know who pays for it!<br><br>Check out http://www.junkscience.com for some interesting reading on recent "conventional wisdom" of the scientific variety.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:04 am 

Gawd I feel like crying  :'(. This picture reminded me of my high school days in the dormitory when such great outputs were regarded as masterpieces. Some of them are not forgotten even today, and the rest are remembered after long years, thanks to jimmie d.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:11 pm 

I am 17 years old and have been a vegan since Decenmber 5, 2001 and a vegetarian since late March, 1998. I will admit however, that I am not a vegan in the strictest  sense of the word: I eat honey and have an old wool vest, and I play piano (most pianos have leather in their actions.) It is next to impossible to be a true vegan in today's world because most non-organic farms use pesticides on their crops and many of our household chemicals were tested on animals, as are the immunizations that children are required by law to get. In my opinion, true veganism is an ideal that can never truly be achieved but that we can always come closer and closer to.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:35 am 

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years now. I don't like being preached to so I don't preach to others. This is simply my choice, my lifestyle. END OF STORY ;D :D ;) :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:18 am 

While I am not against eating meat, we meat eaters eat far too much meat.<br><br>I was a vegetarian for 3 years.<br><br>Farmed animals should be respected and treated well.<br>In England the organic movement has been growing steadily.<br><br>In my opinion, all meat should be organically farmed.<br><br>The kinda shit you eat from factory farms is not healthy. It makes sense that a happy animal will have a healthy body and therefore be better for you.<br><br>Eating a chicken that has been caged in it's own shit with other chickens that are sprayed with chemicals to keep the disease under control and pumped with hormones to promote faster growth cannot be good for you. And that I'm afraid to say is what most of us eat when we eat meat.<br><br>Go organic and care!<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:43 pm 

i've been a vegatarian since 7pm today

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:39 pm 

occasionally, but it's an accident when it happens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:28 am 

No, I'm not vegetarian. Pig is the best man's friend, I couldn't stand without him!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:54 am 

I've been a vegetarian for years  It has more to do with my spiritual side but the logic of not eating animals plays into it as well. These days I have no desire to eat meat and only occasionally to eat fish.<br><br>I do fine with nuts , veggys and fruit. Umm, snack time i think....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next