Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:18 am 

A large portion of my friend are, and let me tell you this: I have no problems with people doing it for health or religios reasons, or even moral reasons just for as long as I don't get their bullshit agenda spewed all over me.<br><br>They're telling me that meat is murder and they stuff their mouths with wheat that was produced on account of thousand of small animals, killed in the process. <br><br>Goddamn hypocrites!! If they really cared they would grow their own crops but the choose not to because their lifestyle is to CONVENIENT.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:27 pm 

I eat raw meat, cold red meat with pickles, mustard, or freshly cut onions. I drink wine with French raw milk cheese, and real French bread. I love that as much as I enjoy FZ music. And it is a lot. I don t smoke but I tried. My lungs and throat kept refusing it, goddamn! I am small, the world is big.  I want to have it all, all ways, even raw and exciting,  (lets say this, it makes me feel wild, mmmmm ::)).

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:37 pm 

[quote author=Chris_Federico link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=0#14 date=09/23/02 at 14:41:51]We're naturally meat-eaters (look at your teeth).[/quote]<br><br>I used to use that "canine teeth argument" to defend my eating meat (the inscisors are for biting into fruits and veggies and the molars are for chewing grains) but it's a faulty argument.  All primates (we ARE animals...special animals 'cause we can type online  ;) ) have canine teeth but, to my knowledge, none of them eat meat.  The canine teeth are for defensive purposes only.  Yeowwwch!   :)  Also...if you look at intestines...carnivores have very short intestines and herbivores have very long ones.  Ours are very long.<br><br>By the way...I eat meat.  In August of 2000, I became a pesce-ovo-lacto (fish/egg-product/dairy) vegetarian but, in November of 2000, I got pregnant.  If you ever saw the episode of "Friends" where Phoebe (vegetarian character) is pregnant and announces to everyone that "the baby wants meat"...it's TRUE!  I think it has to do with an increased need for iron and, since I've been a meat-eater all my life, my body interprets that need as a need for red meat.<br><br>Anyway...I'm still breast-feeding so I'm still eating meat.  I also feed my toddler meat...just a little, though, and it HAS to be free-range/no hormones/no antibiotics.  I guess I'm afraid I'd deprive him of nutrients (due to my ignorance of alternate sources for specific nutrients), it gives me more choices for his diet, and it's just easier for me.  He's a toddler...I have NO time for a Life!   :D<br><br>After I'm done breast-feeding (when he's around 3), I'll probably go back to being a pesce-ovo-lacto vegetarian...although I'm also curious about a different eating-lifestyle called "caloric restriction" which I think does include a little meat.  For those of you who are concerned about your health, it is the ONLY scientifially proven eating-lifestyle to lead to a longer life.  (Visit http://www.walford.com for info.)<br><br>Well...that was my "two cents" worth.  I'm off to bed.   :)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:44 am 

Meat is yummy. Barbaque any day.i dont hold it against you that you dont eat critters,but me i like them . And if everyone in the US didnt eat meat youd still have a huge military complex ready to attack anyone or country that didnt agree with its views

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:05 pm 

Truly, I'm no vegetarian.<br><br>I wouldn't make it since i don't like all vegetables.<br><br>Besides, it is in our nature to eat meat, why care now? We are getting more unhuman as we think we get more human, go screw yerself with these thoughts!!<br><br>The human is a virus, sure thing, it doesn't bother me!!<br><br>Also, now i feel for writting a song about vegetarians and other guys that think we should "care" more since we are "humans", blah, blah, blah!<br><br>be unpolitical uncorrect, that's the only way to be correct<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:30 am 

First off, we will live alot longer if we cut red meat out of our diet.  We are also the only species that drinks milk after nursing, (from a different animal too). <br><br>The amount of land that's being destroyed to fulfill the worlds hunger for meat is crazy.  <br><br>My girlfriend is a vegetarian, so that practicly makes me one too.<br><br>Do you know how KFC breeds their chickens?  Geneticly altered, with out legs or beaks, thats how.<br><br>The amount of phosperous gas that cows produce from their flatulance is destroying the ozone.<br><br>I'll take a falaffel over a burger, any day!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:32 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=90#91 date=06/07/03 at 12:40:02]"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians -- except for the occasional mountain lion steak." - Ted "Kill 'em & Grill 'em" Nugent[/quote]<br><br>Fuck Ted Nugent!<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:34 am 

[quote author=Butch link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=90#93 date=06/15/03 at 08:30:16]First off, we will live alot longer if we cut red meat out of our diet.  We are also the only species that drinks milk after nursing, (from a different animal too). <br><br>The amount of land that's being destroyed to fulfill the worlds hunger for meat is crazy.  <br><br>My girlfriend is a vegetarian, so that practicly makes me one too.<br><br>Do you know how KFC breeds their chickens?  Geneticly altered, with out legs or beaks, thats how.<br><br>The amount of phosperous gas that cows produce from their flatulance is destroying the ozone.<br><br>I'll take a falaffel over a burger, any day![/quote]<br><br>Are you throwing it on me or your four-eyed monkey that takes your laundry and eat it?<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:56 am 

[quote author=dr_grogg link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=90#96 date=06/15/03 at 08:34:39]<br><br>Are you throwing it on me or your four-eyed monkey that takes your laundry and eat it?<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Qui?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:58 am 

I'm so glad the Chris Fredorico is gone!  Reading this thread reminds me of what an asshole he was.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:15 am 

[quote author=Butch link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=90#98 date=06/15/03 at 08:58:57]I'm so glad the Chris Fredorico is gone!  Reading this thread reminds me of what an asshole he was.[/quote]<br><br>That reminds me when a guy from australia sticked his thumb up a animals ass to piss the animal of.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:23 am 

I love meat, but I also enjoy vegetabels as much as the next trendy vegan/vegetarian. Corn, spinach, broccolli  and plums.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:52 am 

<br> im not vegetarian, but i do find myself going days without meat.    if i can find a good place for some falaffels and hummas...im all about it.<br><br>   although last night i ate a huge 3/4 pound cheeseburger.   damn it was good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:57 am 

<br>   oh yea,   and the way KFC makes their chickens is almost exactly the same way they made all those clones on STAR WARS EPISODE 2.     know what im talkin about?<br><br>  also ever noticed why its not called "kentucky fried chicken" anymore??<br>    thats right...   they were forced to change their name to "kfc" since they dont serve real chickens...<br><br>     ok, im hungry now.    i need some "KENTUCKY FRIED CLONES"<br>      

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:19 pm 

Personally, I eat whatever's in the fridge (as long as it's fresh). Vegetarian corn dogs and "hamburgers" are good, though. :) (I'd say Boca's better than Morningstar, though.)  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:05 pm 

<br>              boca burgers!  <br><br>    

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:16 am 

I'll tell ya one thing that really disgusts me and makes me want to become a veg: All these hot dog eating contests. Only in America will you see people wasting food like that while there are people on street corners looking through dumpsters for a scrap of bread. It makes me sick. <br><br>If you read the book "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser, you'll find out another reason why I want to become a veg. Too sick for words.<br><br>Until I move out of my parents' house, though, I'll probably remain a meat-eater, since that's all they buy and I'm usually at work when they go grocery shopping. I'll probably still eat whatever's fresh in the fridge, but I'll probably try harder to get my diet a bit more  balanced.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:01 pm 

Replying to my own answer? Oh well.... ::)<br><br>For those of you who watch what you eat... Here's the final word on <br>nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those <br>Conflicting medical studies. <br><br><br>1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than<br>the British or Americans. <br><br>2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than<br>the British or Americans. <br><br>3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart<br>attacks than the British or Americans <br><br>4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer<br>heart attacks than the British or Americans. <br><br>5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats<br>and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans. <br><br><br>CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently<br>what kills you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:36 pm 

I aint's no more cuz i live north of 60 but at one time i was <br>When i lived in the city where you can gets da fresh fruitsnveges <br>But i rememeber being stuck in traffic behind a bus and the thing had a picture of this huge slab of mutated flesh that turned me off meat for about 2and a half years.Now more and more the only meat i eat is moose n deer with a nice cold glass a beer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:46 pm 

[quote author=Saint_alfonzo link=board=faq;num=1032129445;start=105#107 date=07/23/03 at 21:36:40]I aint's no more cuz i live north of 60 but at one time i was <br>When i lived in the city where you can gets da fresh fruitsnveges <br>But i rememeber being stuck in traffic behind a bus and the thing had a picture of this huge slab of mutated flesh that turned me off meat for about 2and a half years.Now more and more the only meat i eat is moose n deer with a nice cold glass a beer [/quote]<br><br><br>happy man !    I dread the tomatoes in the fridge since I bought them at the nearest market place instead of growing them myself which wouldn't obviously mean that they are genetically modified.<br><br><br>did you notice the way they don't get rotten normally ?   what did they do to my god old tomatoes ?<br> :-/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next