Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dearest Gail
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 pm 

One burning question I truly wish answered and am amazed hasn't been that I can recall. Well, questions.

FZ was a genius of the caliber of JS Bach, rivaling profound minds found throughout the ages. Gail, when did you come to realize this? Was the realization sudden or grew over time?

Most respectfully submitted, Samantha

Post subject: Re: Dearest Gail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:39 am 

If I was to guess, almost within a few months of their relationship. But you should ask her direct then go back to her GZ sez page and there is a dedicated email you can click through on as she is still fielding questions.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:02 pm 

Try this :arrow: gail@zappa.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:34 pm 

It would be better to do so as directed. See here:

http://www.zappa.com/whatsnew/

questions@zappa.com

Have a look at this question by Mike:

On Nov 28, 2010, at 10:13 PM, Mike wrote:

Subject: Re: Questions

Why wont You ever answer my questions about the full scores? I’m just a Guy who likes to look at fz scores. I’ve learned do much from them and there are a few more I’d like to purchase. I have no sinister plan up my sleeve I assure You.

Mike

Here is Gails response:

I’m happy to answer questions but I am not going to ask them. Let me know when you have one that I can answer.

She has taken the time to respond to make a point which she has published.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:33 pm 

Thanks very much for the suggestions! I search that web page and failed to find the email address. I sent my query as I posted it here.

I feel compelled to add something to this. It almost seems like I am being depreciating of Gail Zappa in that query which I most certainly am not. To explain: Those rare sparks of existence that come about upon this world to shed some of the brilliance, the capacity of the human heart-soul-mind, the Lucifers, so often attracted persons to them that aided in bringing those sparks into fruition. Undoubtedly Gail finds herself upon such a pillar, an amazing person in her own right.

Oh sputz. To clarify the clarify: Lucifer, from the Latin. Luc, light. Luci, clear as in lucid. Lucifer: Literally, 'light bringer'. As did FZ, throw out the modern twisted ideological connotation. AKA Prometheus. That which we all strive towards.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:09 pm 

"You're husband was a genius, when did you realize this?" So that's deprecating?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:48 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
And when then an imp tries to spark up a lucifer (Dutch! 4! matchstick!) burns the nest just in order to Idon'twanna knowanymore then the Sabretoothtiger conjures up a minor trick, sort of and calls a rain cloud!!!!! ...brrrrrrilliant. Now, what have we got? seven billion pyromanics? Houston, we could clear the sky when you are ready. ....or rather, lemme start the Discovery on Sylvester and with a lil luck some aliens gonna take novice, lol.

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:31 pm 

I'm smelling something so watch your step, the crapdetector is getting a high reading!... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:25 pm 

The crapdetector is definetly going into the red... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:01 am 

Ya, it whistles like a sirene when a bird leaves the nest, goes berserk to bonkers in the most bitter, icy, fresh cold and says nothing when genius it at work. I found such a marbel once under a pineapple tree, a tryBot and made sure it got an overdose of explosives. ...no ligh', ... loutrageous, innit?.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:30 pm 

Sabretoophairy wrote:
Ya, it whistles like a sirene when a bird leaves the nest, goes berserk to bonkers in the most bitter, icy, fresh cold and says nothing when genius it at work. I found such a marbel once under a pineapple tree, a tryBot and made sure it got an overdose of explosives. ...no ligh', ... loutrageous, innit?.)

Now that's one steaming pile of crap... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:28 am 

central scrutinizer wrote:
Plook's plooker never fails to find the crap.

Why thank you for noticing... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 pm 

She didn't answer my second question. I've wondered if anybody calls her by her given first name.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 pm 

Plook wrote:

well, thank you, plook, for not noticing this: central scrutinizer and arch oboler sucks
you know, plook, the more crap you find... maybe it's just better to ignore it...
by pointing out what you think is crap, you're just adding to the crap we already have around here...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:20 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:

well, thank you, plook, for not noticing this: central scrutinizer and arch oboler sucks
you know, plook, the more crap you find... maybe it's just better to ignore it...
by pointing out what you think is crap, you're just adding to the crap we already have around here...

And Lumpy, by you pointing out the crap that is being detected is adding more crap.....just like I am. damn!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:36 pm 

A troll and unfunny. Double whammy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:48 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
And Lumpy, by you pointing out the crap that is being detected is adding more crap.....just like I am. damn!
Quote:
yeah, it's a vicious circle. you got it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:22 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Quote:
yeah, it's a vicious circle. you got it.

I'm gone one day and this place desends into a wirlpool of crap...that confirms the need for the Detector...I am working on a some upgrades any suggestions... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 pm 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
So long as he keeps it natural do i see no problems. Begin using man-made soaps, opera, planet-killer and things, what is it again? had my last shower b4 Summer! i sweat.

U know: Cats Wash, with the paw over the tongue, brow and werewolvesses... for luring bats out of space, ow please.

Proper shit, innit? Lets get that started in twenny ta-wolf, then beat thirteeth. Prince? party; ..with ninety-noonie ..am so knackered :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:32 pm 

Sir Ius Rincewind wrote:
So long as he keeps it natural do i see no problems. Begin using man-made soaps, opera, planet-killer and things, what is it again? had my last shower b4 Summer! i sweat.

U know: Cats Wash, with the paw over the tongue, brow and werewolvesses... for luring bats out of space, ow please.

Proper shit, innit? Lets get that started in twenny ta-wolf, then beat thirteeth. Prince? party; ..with ninety-noonie ..am so knackered :wink:

? ? ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:31 am 

ONLY for the FEINT-OF HEART (please do not read on when you ain't absolute desperate - trust me this one time)

If still anybody really wants to ..now: ask that 1./7! senses, what incidentally is positioned in the centre of the brain, the knoseledge namely, that or any of the seven brillion practioners in changing Mag!c Gingerbread mEarth, the very best, trust me, into a ...shit, universe and language have given up and allowing themselves an overdose of amusing advertisements, ....i mean proper shit was now good.

Doctor? Ufo Ufo

stinking bible and poisening money, i hate this song in effect. Know that i put my hand into my hat and pull ..Supertramp. ..not that any alien could be bothered to come anywhere near, just dreaming.

How could man be so ...., and this in a world full of ...dunno anymore, fairy words. Instead of erasing, scrubbing 1! eg with more than enough unrecyclebels, and this is the point, the planet to death will i do a clean spring. ..unless s.o. comes up with a better than best man's idea.

Ach, Mister Missedher is joking? so is we's (world's ex-cellents species) the hopes from the Gods. ..Houston?... they all have no idea, nor senses for that madder. Now even does pandemonium attract them. ...and herewith went the last TheSaurus. Solly.

lol, Yes-Fans are the worst

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:06 am 

Our firsty fresh pile of crap for 2011...YA!... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm 

Location: on the ether from www.deliciousagony.com only fair wave left methinks
about time, wasn't it? the last had crashed on a gala-of-posts, or what is that island called? nice one, Plook.

There's no bigger bigotry than beagles' thingy, these dog-owners' ..and St.Oeuff.

I know why man has no wings. Where is fantasy? even in the mind alone you can picture some. Laters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
She didn't answer my second question. I've wondered if anybody calls her by her given first name.

Second question was what? She who?

So long, Don Van Vliet. Was nice to have known you, if only in passing.

It is odd that, here on a web site that more or less commemorates Frank Zappa, one finds cryptic and confusing postings. One of Mr. Zappa's most endearing and inspiring traits was his clarity. He didn't mince words and was extraordinarily concise in what he said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 am 

Samantha wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Second question was what? She who?

So long, Don Van Vliet. Was nice to have known you, if only in passing.

It is odd that, here on a web site that more or less commemorates Frank Zappa, one finds cryptic and confusing postings. One of Mr. Zappa's most endearing and inspiring traits was his clarity. He didn't mince words and was extraordinarily concise in what he said.

But didn't he often have double meaning in many of his lyrics? He was the master of getting some very sexual situations into lyrics that seemed to be about pancakes and smocks.