Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri May 29, 2015 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Many of your questions have been answered and posted in the F.A.Q. page of the What's New? section.<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/whatsnew/content/faq/index.php<br><br>I will still be collecting questions in these threads and forwarding them to GZ.  So, if you have a question not already answered, you can still ask your question!<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Keith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:43 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
Outstanding!  Well on the way to transparancy here.  Gail's answers to Zappaphile questions were absolutely wonderful!  <br>Answers regarding pricing policy questions, on the other hand, were as clear as mud.<br><br>Excuse me while I curb my enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:51 pm 

<br>[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=faq&num=1032314130&start=0#3 date=09/17/02 at 23:14:29]<br><br><br>My question for you remains: Why do you think the Zappas' pricing policy is any of your business?<br><br>I can understand a bitch or two about the cost of a product; but in real life, if a product is too expensive for a person, the person refrains from buying it.<br><br>Sane and rational people don't go to Best Buy and, having purchased an appliance fully aware of its cost, getting home, plugging it in and having it work as advertised, proceed to bitch and moan for a month to their neighbors about the cost without losing a modicum of credibility.<br><br>Since pricing, as opposed to quality, seems to be paramount to you, maybe you should stick with Dick's Picks.<br>[/quote]<br>Look what the cat drug in!  Do I sound petty, or what?  How's this for being petty, MTH?  I'm still waiting for your response to my e-mails, not to mention that apology you owe me for false accusations regarding a Guestbook entry.  Talk about RUDE!  I bet OZ will get here before I get any satisfaction from you.  Southern Gentleman My Arse!<br><br>You can bet I'm going to stick w/ the good old grateful dead.  I'm loyal to people treat me right!  You want to really test the dynamics on your stereo?  Put on Dick's Picks.  Phil dropping the bomb unexpectingly blew up my 1200W Carver amp..  The 901's escaped, unscathed!<br><br>I agree w/ you about the Best Buy statement, the problem is I don't have anything to bitch about other than OZ ain't here yet.  3wks and counting.  <br><br>Where's the credibility, my friend?<br><br>Oh, and to answer your question:  I guess I'm just a Curious George.  I like to try and make sense of the World, and this shit just don't make no sense at all.  Satisfied?<br><br>Will expound upon request.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:27 pm 

Black and Bluesy Woozie Wazoozie!  :o  <br><br>Keith, I feel somewhat responsible for brusing this thread, and for that I am sorry.  I've always been the controversial drooler in the family.  Please show Gail how MTH has been sticking up for her.  That kind of loyalty has got to be worth at least a CD or something.<br><br>May my original comments regarding Gail's answers stand and please forgive my droolings all over MTH, but he is super-self-absorbent after all.  ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:22 am 

<br>[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=faq&num=1032314130&start=0#7 date=09/18/02 at 01:41:15]<br>This isn't intended for the shitthrowers, necessarily, but to all who are complain so furiously about not getting the FZ/OZ CD fast enough: My c-card was billed March 13, 2002 and I received my FZ/OZ CD via UPS on August 24, 2002. I was nearly stripped of all expectation of ever getting it -- but then the "fawty dollah bill didn't matter no more" figuring if Gail and the ZFT fucked up and I had to take action to ask or demand them to credit the c-card I would just be being a real putz.<br><br>C'mon, I've been fucked over for $$$ more than enough times and for a lot more $$$ than $40 and by *real* scamming scumsters whose faces I'd have been and still would be really, really happy to imprint deeply with my footwear. (Not GZ & the ZFT -- I know better than to think that of them. Jayzuz!)<br><br>If I got the CD: SUPER! If I didn't: SCREW IT!<br><br>Well, I got it. Long time commin' but I got it, and knew all along that the Z family were not scamming scumsters and if anyone was truly getting fucked over in this deal it was GZ & the ZFT and for a whole big bunch more than a mizzable fawty dollahs!<br>[/quote]<br>Hmmmm...........  You know, I've got's to work almost an hour and a half just to clear that "mizzable fawty dollahs"!  No wonder you didn't get mad about the delay, considering the lack of respect you seem to have for money!  Who's Bat Chain are you pullin', hmmm?<br><br>Quality and integrity shouldn't have to be a premium.  Why should I have to pay for and put up with poor business practices.  I'm an Electricial Contractor and my number one concern is my Customer!  If I performed like ZFT, I couldn't get elected Dog Catcher.  <br><br>No offense to the Zappa's, but I owe them nothing!  As a fan of FZ (since 1971), I have paid my way in full and then some, always giving the Zappas the benifit of the doubt when it came to reissues, remasters, etc...<br><br>I have paid my consideration, so you bet I expect some consideration in return!  Fuck all this sentimental bullshit.  I refuse to spread frosting w/ a paper knife and I'm tired, tired, tired of Flakes! ;)  Where's my CD?  It was eaten by snakes!<br><br>There, I said it.  too bad FZ beat me to it.  :'(<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:03 am 

[C'mon, can't you two settle this argument once and for all? I respect your freedom of speech and all, but this is getting really tedious, reading the same stuff all over the board...]<br><br>Thanks for answering all the questions in the FAQ, I hope to see new Zappa product soon (especially that Petit Wazoo-cd).  Keep up the good work. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:24 am 

Fair enough.  Peas!  ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:39 am 

<br>[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=faq&num=1032314130&start=0#9 date=09/18/02 at 11:37:04]<br><br><br>It isn't worth an hour and a half of your time for almost two-and-a-half hours of FZ music you can enjoy for the rest of your life? <br><br>Good grief man, you clear over $50,000 a year. You can't afford a $40.00 album?<br><br><br>Do you mean that you shouldn't have to pay extra for quality and integrity?<br><br>Why shouldn't you have to pay extra for quality? Do Yugos and Porsches cost the same?<br><br><br>You don't.<br><br><br>Excellent. Soon you should be making well over $50,000 a year.<br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br>I just love how you like to take my comments out of context and then make lame attemps at trying to dis me.  Do I call you names?  You're so bent out of shape over my attitude towards your "GOD", that you can't see the truth through your anger.<br><br>Here I am addressing a specific topic, and just because it's a little caustic you have to jump on it just because of the tone, or because I drooled it, bet never on it's content, in context!<br><br>After you're finished kissing Gail's ass, you can come over here and kiss mine, you Carnaby Cutie!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:55 pm 

Oh Lawd, listen to dem boys? Dey be habbin a cat fite on de innernet. Dis is mo entertainen den de ebenin newz. Pass me mo o' dat galoot cologna. :o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:15 pm 

;)Hey der, I think we got the makins of a new TOPIC here. What about de Mattie & Drool Show,  where you two young peoples use an industrial strength vacuum cleaner on each others brainz? Den we all can be gettin off readin bout you twos tryin to suck de galoot cologna off of each other. I think dat would be very entertainin and enlightnin to de extreme!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:56 am 

To Keith and Gail:<br><br>Thumbs up for the new transparency and renewed enthusiasm in releasing FZ-material!!  Excellent and funny answers throughout, Gail!!!.<br><br>To the drooler and Mattie: Make a new thread on the pricing policy, pick up an undergraduate textboook on microeconomics, learn the stuff, and have an informed discussion. But please spare the rest of us from all your personal stuff. That you can resolve (?) by mutual e-mail exchange to the benefit of all the rest of us!<br><br>- HJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:25 pm 

<br>[quote author=HJ link=board=faq&num=1032314130&start=15#19 date=09/19/02 at 03:56:02]<br>To Keith and Gail:<br><br>Thumbs up for the new transparency and renewed enthusiasm in releasing FZ-material!!  Excellent and funny answers throughout, Gail!!!.<br><br>To the drooler and Mattie: Make a new thread on the pricing policy, pick up an undergraduate textboook on microeconomics, learn the stuff, and have an informed discussion. But please spare the rest of us from all your personal stuff. That you can resolve (?) by mutual e-mail exchange to the benefit of all the rest of us!<br><br>- HJ<br>[/quote]<br>I agree!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:58 am 

Now that this war is over...<br>Can anyone tell me if the Barfko-Swill FAQ actually answered the $4 coupon question?  I followed the link on the Zappa FAQ and I can't find any reference to it at all!  I also e-mailed BS a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back.<br>I'm ever so lonely...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:49 am 

<br>[quote author=Klaatu link=board=faq&num=1032314130&start=15#21 date=09/20/02 at 10:58:33]<br>Now that this war is over...<br>Can anyone tell me if the Barfko-Swill FAQ actually answered the $4 coupon question?  I followed the link on the Zappa FAQ and I can't find any reference to it at all!  I also e-mailed BS a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back.<br>I'm ever so lonely...<br>[/quote]<br><br>I too am still wondering about the $4 off BS. I asked the question a long time ago and their answer (go to BS) didn't answer anything. Are they screwing us around again?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:42 pm 

I would like to let folks know that we are in fact NOT NECCESSARILY being screwed with. I just got notice via email that there was an oversight and that indeed the $4 off mystery will be taken care of. So, the folks at ZFT are paying attention, which in my opinion is a vast, vast improvement over recent experience. I, for one, am thankful for that much at least (and for FZ-OZ!!! that CD is fantastic the more I listen to it!!!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:22 pm 

Yes!  I have received the e-mail from Keith concerning the soon-to-be answered $4 question.  <br>Thanks for keeping us informed!<br>