Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun May 29, 2016 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Was Frank an atheist?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:44 am 

I was just curious what you all thought  Frank's  "spritual beliefs" may have been!<br><br>I know he belived in evil, as it exsists in the world, but did he belive in salvation?<br><br>By the way, this is not a religious qestion. <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Mad John

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:42 pm 

I would guess, because I don't know, but I would guess agnostic...I think he believed there was an order to the universe beyond our understanding. But I don't actually know if he ever commited to that and announced "I am an agnostic" or "I am an aetheist."<br><br>He once mentioned something about being a pagan, about doing what felt good for his body to do, in the context of an interview about how does he decide when to go on tour. It was an an interview picture disk. He actually used the phrase about refering to himself as a pagan, but I don't know how literally he meant it. He seemed like he chose that word specifically. <br><br>I'm sure some others on here have some ideas and opinions on this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:29 pm 

Yeah, I think you may be right Ronnys Noomies! But what is that cross with the three dashes on the hand in "One Size Fits All" and also on Frank's hand on the cartoon image from "Ruben And The Jets"?<br><br>Who designed all those heavy albums with all that science shit all over it? Some serious statements are being made here with SYMBOLS. Albums such as "One Size" , "Uncle Meat" and "Ruben."<br><br>After hearing last nights 60 minute special with Bob Dylan, I am begining to seriously become suspicious of many artists! Frank certainly seemed to put out more musical product than anyone in the world......it seems impossible on a one to one basis (meaning without the imense help of outside support.) Did he love children? Did he love woman? Did he love the people who slaved for him, or his fans? Did he love nature, or animals?<br><br>Gail once said that Frank did not do love....I wonder!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:14 pm 

[quote author=Mad_John link=board=faq;num=1102196694;start=0#4 date=12/06/04 at 14:29:45]Yeah, I think you may be right Ronnys Noomies! But what is that cross with the three dashes on the hand in "One Size Fits All" and also on Frank's hand on the cartoon image from "Ruben And The Jets"?<br><br>Who designed all those heavy albums with all that science shit all over it? Some serious statements are being made here with SYMBOLS. Albums such as "One Size" , "Uncle Meat" and "Ruben."<br><br>After hearing last nights 60 minute special with Bob Dylan, I am begining to seriously become suspicious of many artists! Frank certainly seemed to put out more musical product than anyone in the world......it seems impossible on a one to one basis (meaning without the imense help of outside support.) Did he love children? Did he love woman? Did he love the people who slaved for him, or his fans? Did he love nature, or animals?<br><br>Gail once said that Frank did not do love....I wonder![/quote]<br>i see you're well named  :o

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:07 am 

I am not angry....I love Frank and his music! I have over 100 of em. This is just a qestion and a discussion, that is all. I wanted to know what you all thought.<br><br>I am not trying to insult Frank Zappa....I would NEVER do that.<br><br>Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:59 am 

[quote author=Mad_John link=board=faq;num=1102196694;start=0#4 date=12/06/04 at 14:29:45] But what is that cross with the three dashes on the hand in "One Size Fits All" and also on Frank's hand on the cartoon image from "Ruben And The Jets"?<br>[/quote]<br><br>I used to work with this guy who was the rough biker/motorcycle gang type. He had that cross with the <br>3 lines on the top of his hand too. I asked him what it meant and he said....<br>"It means I hate niggers." He said bikers got them.<br><br>Maybe Cal Schenkel did know what it meant and did it for some kinda shock value. And if he did, did FZ know what that was???<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:29 am 

Intresting Jaypfunk!<br><br>Hell's Angels....nuff said!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:34 am 

mad_john wrote:
...what is that cross with the three dashes on the hand in "One Size Fits All" and also on Frank's hand on the cartoon image from "Ruben And The Jets"? ...

st. thomas the apostle church
Quote:
top bar: the title-board, which p.pilate ordered to be hung in mockery over j.christ's head on the cross
middle bar: hands nailed
bottom bar: footrest

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:46 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=faq;num=1102196694;start=0#12 date=12/07/04 at 11:34:57]<br>[center]Image[/center]<br><br>st. thomas the apostle church<br>[/quote]<br><br>that's not the same type of cross that the hand has on OSFA...<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:53 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=faq;num=1102196694;start=0#14 date=12/07/04 at 11:49:29]From Gangtattoos:<br><br>A common tattoo among Hispanic gang members from many different gangs is the pachuco cross tattooed on the hand between the thumb and index finger. Alternatively, the same area is often embellished with three dots in a pyramid shape, a symbol that stands for "mi vida loca," "my crazy life." <br><br>Image[/quote]<br><br>hhhmmmmmmm<br>Interesting. Either that guy was blowing smoke up my ass or bikers do refer to it as "I Hate Niggers".<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:46 am 

Wow, great info, Lumpy! I will have to spend some time with those long essays on the main page. Thanks for sharing this!<br><br>Speaking of album covers, I was really checking out "Civilization Phase Three" and I think that, again, there are some extremly serious things going on here. I am particularly concerned with the meaning of the Pyrimid and "Bug"  on the first thick black page, when opening the CDs double cover. There for all to witness is the Santanic Penagram, make no mistake about that! This seems a little beyond "Art: and "Music" at this point, especially if you take into account that if Frank Zappa WAS an atheist, he ither did not care what the power of symbols have, or he new all to well what they represented. Logically I would have to go with the latter, seeing that Frank was a complete Genius, with no peers, and the most dense when it came to WORLD INFORMATION. You cannot fuck around with Egyptian symbols and be profound or ironic, because there culture was extremly Evil! Creating a cartoon of the Egyptians, with your own touch is one thing, but using the symbols for real is beyond dangerous! That cover on Civalization is telling a real story and it is not so much about the state of affairs, as they exsist for us today. Whoever set up this art work on this package knew exactly what they are doing, as it is very powerful.<br><br>Can anyone show the exsisting artwork for "Civilization?" Lets take a look at that STAR!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:45 am 

[quote author=Mad_John link=board=faq;num=1102196694;start=15#17 date=12/08/04 at 06:46:03]<br><br>Speaking of album covers, I was really checking out "Civilization Phase Three" and I think that, again, there are some extremly serious things going on here. I am particularly concerned with the meaning of the Pyrimid and "Bug"  on the first thick black page, when opening the CDs double cover. There for all to witness is the Santanic Penagram, make no mistake about that! <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Except that the pentagram as a symbol is much older than Satanism. It's true that some Satanists use the inverted pentagram as a symbol, but in general they have no idea what it really means. The pentagram has a long history, and it can stand for many things, most of which are benign<br><br>
Quote:
<br><br>You cannot fuck around with Egyptian symbols and be profound or ironic, because there culture was extremly Evil! Creating a cartoon of the Egyptians, with your own touch is one thing, but using the symbols for real is beyond dangerous!
<br><br>Are you being serious? Just why was Egyptian culture 'extremely evil' Sure, they had evils such as slavery, but they were really no worse than other cultures.  Any why is it dangerous to 'fuck around' with Eqyptian symbols? Are you worried we might bring the mumies to life? <br><br>Symbols by themselves have no power. The only power they have is what we assign to them. Therefore if you view a symbol as being evil, it gains the power to scare you. But if you view the symbol for what it really is (nothing more than a particular design) it has no power over you. In either case, no symbol can cause harm to you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:37 am 

Lumpy, once again, great information! I am still reading all the stuff you gave us. Thanks again!<br><br>Andy, I am serious. You need to read more on Masonry, or better still the Illuminati. Mabey you will then understand that symbols are much more than designs, that is just too naive. <br><br>This is not a joke, it is a very important and serious matter.....let us see what we learn!