Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Ask your questions here!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

If you have a question for the Zappa Family, please post them here.  We are overhauling the FAQ section of the site and the most asked questions in this thread will be answered by the end of September 2002.  I will be watching over this thread and keeping track.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Keith.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:00 am 

A good question I'm sure MANY would like answered. I'm sure I'm not the ONLY one who hates ordering CDs through the mail. I like to go to the store, see it, buy it, and hear it all in the same day. I hate playing the mailbox guessing game. Besides, I live in an apartment building where people have been known to take other people's parcels (theives!). So here's my question.:<br><br>Will EIHN and FZ OZ be available in stores, as well as future releases of Frank's music? If Yes, when? If not, Why Not??

somehow...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:35 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=admin link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=0#0 date=09/04/02 at 11:20:42]<br>If you have a question for the Zappa Family, please post them here.  We are overhauling the FAQ section of the site and the most asked questions in this thread will be answered by the end of September 2002.  I will be watching over this thread and keeping track.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Keith.<br>[/quote]<br><br>My prayers have been answered!  Praise Frank!  <br><br>FREE THE TAPES!<br>TRUST IN FRANK!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:14 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
Dear Zappa Family,<br><br>I respectfully submit the following questions:<br><br>"How's Gail doing?"<br><br>"Why are Barfko-Swill prices so high compared to other internet outlets?"<br><br>"Why does "OZ" cost so much?"<br><br>"Can we expect to pay premium prices for future vault releases?"<br><br>"Why do live FZ releases cost 50% more than live Dead "Dick's Picks" releases?  Are they not comprabale in terms of cost to produce?"<br><br>"Are there DVD's in the horizon and will this include the entire Honker Video catalog?"<br><br>Thank you for you time, consideration, and most of all, thanks for all this!  We all want to see Frank's Legacy flourish, and from the looks of this new website, it's heading in that direction.  Bless You All!<br><br>your's drooly,<br>Jeff from Jamestown CA<br>the drooling idiot savant<br><br>Trust in Frank!<br>Free the tapes!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:34 am 

A couple years ago, there was a mention on the site about a documentary about Frank Zappa. Is this still on the drawing board?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:40 am 

Fetishing OZ, when may I order the next release from VAULTernative Records?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:23 pm 

I agree with all of the above.<br>A couple more questions...<br>1. Is Dweezil supervising only or is Dweezil twisting knobs (ie:engineering or mastering/editing) on the vaultmeister releases<br>2. How about getting Midget Sloatman to start building the preamp/eqs that frank used to dial his guitars to the edge of feedback with-Art told me that he has some and some of Franks guitars. Many guitar players would love to have more control over their guitbox like Frank-course there will never be another Frank<br>3. How about allowing bootleg traders ( emphasize TRADERS ) to trade (TRADE!) non commercialized releases over FURTHUR, the peer to peer LEGAL trading network. The administrators are militant about keeping commercial releases off the network and the users of network will snitch in a second to keep the network legal. Zappa would most definitely be more widespread if taping/trading were supported by Frank and the ZFT. We dont want to sell anything. We want music-traded-bought-concieved by Frank-<br>4. Does the ZFT need help in getting the vault releases out to the adoring masses at a reasonable cost?<br><br>thanks for the forum<br>p.s.SCREW RYKO<br><br>feed us- cause were hungry freaks daddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:28 pm 

Thank you Keith, you are #1 in my book.<br><br>1.  When  will FZ:OZ be available in stores?<br><br>2.  When will we see some of the older videos, like Dub Room Special, Uncle Meat, Video from Hell,etc?  <br><br>3.  Will a deal ever be made with MGM to re-release 200 Motels?  I have a very tenuous tape of the movie which might explode any day now.  This artifact needs to be preserved!  And shared.<br><br>Hoping that all the family is well and yourself<br>DebK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:34 pm 

Will there be a release sampling Halloween shows from various years?<br><br>Will there be an updated news page regarding Zappa-related happenings that aren't necessarily sponsored or managed by the ZFT?<br><br>When will this rash disappear?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:56 pm 

What's happening with the "garage sale" of FZ stuff that was on the old site? Is there anything left?<br><br>The new site rocks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:56 pm 

And before I forget, are you going to post my artwork on the photo page?  Pretty please?<br><br>DebK (I asked nicely)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:00 pm 

When will TRANCE-FUSION, DANCE ME THIS, RAGE & THE FURY, PETIT WAZOO, & BAT CHAIN PULLER be released? :o<br><br>These really should take priority over "complete concerts" on CD ;), since Frank wanted them released(the first three anyway).<br><br>Thanks for reading. :-*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:03 pm 

1) How do I redeem my $4 for being so patient with the OZ release?<br>2) Can you give me assurances that none of the money I spend for Zappa product goes to the Democratic party?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:50 pm 

<br>[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=faq&num=1031167242&start=0#8 date=09/04/02 at 15:01:10]<br>Dear Zappa family,<br><br>Are you going to organize a Zappaween? And if it's not happening this year, I hope next year? <br>[/quote]<br><br>There's been mention of an Oct 31st Zappa tribute performance in NYC. Terry Bozzio will be the musical director.  check out his website www.terrybozzio.com, though unfortunately there have been no updates about this since May 8th.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:42 pm 

Keith, you continue to rule...<br><br>I've read hundreds of posts speculating or wishing for potential future releases.  This site needs an area where we the actual end consumers can provide focused input on possible future releases.<br><br>Perhaps offer a sick list of possibilities:  live? studio? Mothers? Grand Wazoo? Petit Wazoo? Hot Rats? 1981? 1988? and so on... and gradually narrow it down?<br><br>Or perhaps offer and/or solicit full-blown product proposals which can then be voted on?  The ZFT could roll out their top 10 projects and say "which one do you want first?".<br><br>Another idea would be to issue Zappa Bucks, or even ZFT stock.  Our dollars greasing the vault.  I'd happily send $100 today to guarantee $100 worth of product in 6 months, as long as there is communication, and it was regulated somehow.  A hopelessly progressive idea...<br><br>Who knows?  I'm just glad that something is being done.

Post subject: Videos on the site
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:25 pm 

Oy!!  Nice site guys!  :o I mean really nice work!  8) Um...    ...i see that there's a few videos on the site, however it doesn't look like they're for sale  ::) why? I have "Does Humor Really Belong in Music" and "200 Motels", and wouldn't mind a few others.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:40 pm 

There was talk a few years ago about Gail writing a book on FZ.  There are many insights only the family can give.  Any developments on this front?<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:54 pm 

I like Enzo's idea about investing in Zappa 'stock'. If this is not possible how about a subscription service similar to the one Todd Rundgren operates?<br>The most important things I would like to get sorted out are: How do people, like me, who don't have a Credit Card issued by a US bank make a purchase in the 1st place?<br>Why is shipping to Europe so expensive(3 or 4 times what I would usually pay)?<br>Why are the discs so expensive, I could buy a double cd set in a store for about half of what FZ:OZ costs?<br>If there are really 100 shows in the pipeline this is going to cost me, at least, £3500($5000), I am sure most people don't really care about the covers, it is the music that matters so please try to get the prices down.<br>Finally MORE SOON PLEASE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:24 am 

Hi there!<br><br>Thanks for the forum & chat and all!<br><br>I have almost the same questions as above:<br>- will there be DVDs of Roxy and Baby Snakes?<br>- will there be a release schedule of the next vault releases? (more 74! more 88!)<br>- will there be more documentary stuff on Video/DVD?<br>and, of course -<br>- will all of this be available in stores in europe???<br><br>greets,<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next