Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Z Kidz
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:21 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#124 date=10/28/05 at 07:07:04]<br>But I can't be sad today - it's my birthday and I've just been anonymously Interflora'd!  Life is good. <br>:)<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>[glow=red,2,300]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLOSS[/glow]<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:37 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#120 date=10/28/05 at 05:24:43]<br><br>They are? Well it isn't working.<br><br>The more I read on this forum the more I believe men are misogynists. Just as well women are generally not misandrists. We are a bit more picky. We don't mind grey hairs (in fact I HATE it when men dye their hair to disguise grey - look at Paul McCartney -  ;D  ;D), or a few wrinkles, and we have to put up with balding since that's something that happens to most men at some time. At the first sight of a better-looking man we don't usually do a bunk, because it's what's inside that counts. Women are put under enormous pressure and expense in terms of money and time. Many resort to surgery - which is never without risk - to achieve the "perfect" face and/or body, since they know that men are too stupid to look beyond the exterior and if they don't look like a Baywatch star they'll be alone. And you're all so crude. I bet you all think Dweeze would be dead chuffed you want to ram his wife into a headboard. It would be so nice if you could all evolve.<br><br>I know I'm going to get stomped on for this post but you lot have opened my eyes to how it is - if this forum is modern man behaving normally, I don't like him much. He's not got past the age of 11.[/quote]<br><br>No, i don't think being politically correct or sensitive works if it is not meant sincerely.  Or at least I hope not.  Not in the long run.  There has to be a certain amount of give and take between the sexes.  I don't expect men to behave in the same way when they are with the other "guys" (as in the forum mostly, there are few women here) as when they are with women, or a woman.  On the one hand when with the guys they are trying to impress them with their "guyness".  When with women they are trying to impress them with their "sensitivity".  Which is true?  Maybe both, maybe neither.  ???<br><br>On the issue of beauty (beauty is a lie).  I knew a girl who was slim, blonde and attractive.  How did she get there?  She was bulemic, anorexic and alchoholic.  Nice package, whole bunch of problems underneath.  If the package is the most important thing, why go right ahead and buy it.  She was much thinner than those posts of Brittney and she was asking me,  "Am I fat?"  I was very tempted to say "Yes, you should lose about, oh 100lbs and then we can put you in the ground so you can push up daisies."<br><br>I totally disagree that there are no women misandrists.  Where i come from I hear lots o complaints about "men always do this and that".  There may not be actual hate involved, but there is discontent, certainly.  And  a sterotyping of all men.  Sounds like misandry to me!<br><br>Hope you find your way through all this, Floss.  Its not easy and simple to understand no matter which way you look at it.  Always complicated by the mother nature's push to reproduction.  The urge to merge.  he he he<br><br>Anway, happy birthday.  I wish you luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:28 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#120 date=10/28/05 at 05:24:43]<br><br>They are? Well it isn't working.<br><br>The more I read on this forum the more I believe men are misogynists. Just as well women are generally not misandrists. We are a bit more picky. We don't mind grey hairs (in fact I HATE it when men dye their hair to disguise grey - look at Paul McCartney -  ;D  ;D), or a few wrinkles, and we have to put up with balding since that's something that happens to most men at some time. At the first sight of a better-looking man we don't usually do a bunk, because it's what's inside that counts. Women are put under enormous pressure and expense in terms of money and time. Many resort to surgery - which is never without risk - to achieve the "perfect" face and/or body, since they know that men are too stupid to look beyond the exterior and if they don't look like a Baywatch star they'll be alone. And you're all so crude. I bet you all think Dweeze would be dead chuffed you want to ram his wife into a headboard. It would be so nice if you could all evolve.<br><br>I know I'm going to get stomped on for this post but you lot have opened my eyes to how it is - if this forum is modern man behaving normally, I don't like him much. He's not got past the age of 11.[/quote]<br><br><br>
Quote:
<br>Women’s liberation<br>Came creepin’ across the nation<br>I tell you people I was not ready<br>When I fucked this dyke by the name of freddie<br>She made a little speech then,<br>Aw, she tried to make me say when<br>She had my balls in a vice, but she left the dick<br>I guess it’s still hooked on, but now it shoots too quick
<br><br>happy b-day, you angry misandrist....and remember, you're in zappa site,<br>so take it with humor, the politically correct people...the ones to be affraid of, since they have dirty fantasies...they just don't talk about it...or feel guilty;D ;D ;D, it's a strategy to attack people so you can hide your own<br>"cultural learned defects" and then pretend to be inmaculate, be happy  ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:13 am 

[quote author=amnesia link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#127 date=10/28/05 at 09:28:48]<br><br><br><br>happy b-day, you angry misandrist....and remember, you're in zappa site,<br>so take it with humor, the politically correct people...the ones to be affraid of, since they have dirty fantasies...they just don't talk about it...or feel guilty;D ;D ;D, it's a strategy to attack people so you can hide your own<br>"cultural learned defects" and then pretend to be inmaculate, be happy  ;)[/quote]<br><br>Right on......Its all about genetics. Men and Women are totally different creatures.....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:10 am 

[quote author=SabrinaII link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#126 date=10/28/05 at 08:37:51]I totally disagree that there are no women misandrists[/quote]<br>I never said that there are none ....  I said "Just as well women are generally not misandrists"<br><br>
Quote:
Anway, happy birthday.
Thanks a lot - I had a good one<br><br>
Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLOSS
Thanks Uncle Bernie<br><br>
Quote:
Happy Birthday, Floss. You go, girl.
Thanks Jimmie D<br><br>amnesia:  you're on this thread again! - following your own theory this means that secretly you love all things "Hoolywood" especially the spawn of Frank and their sweet-smelling bottomed and nosed spouses.<br><br>I think I'm gonna give this place a miss for a while. Doing myself no good here - before long I'll be as coarse and illiterate and infantile as the majority (NOTE: I did NOT say ALL) of you. It's not fun anymore.  It's depressing.  I have enough depression in my life living in England under Tony Poodle Blair. Some of you seem like real nice people but rather like in real life you don't spend time with the people you don't get on with. The only thing we have in common is Frank. It's not enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:25 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#131 date=10/29/05 at 05:10:02]<br>I never said that there are none ....  I said "Just as well women are generally not misandrists"<br><br> Thanks a lot - I had a good one<br><br> Thanks Uncle Bernie<br><br>Thanks Jimmie D<br><br>amnesia:  you're on this thread again! - following your own theory this means that secretly you love all things "Hoolywood" especially the spawn of Frank and their sweet-smelling bottomed and nosed spouses.<br><br>I think I'm gonna give this place a miss for a while. Doing myself no good here - before long I'll be as coarse and illiterate and infantile as the majority (NOTE: I did NOT say ALL) of you. It's not fun anymore.  It's depressing.  I have enough depression in my life living in England under Tony Poodle Blair. Some of you seem like real nice people but rather like in real life you don't spend time with the people you don't get on with. The only thing we have in common is Frank. It's not enough.[/quote]<br><br>no thanks for me ??? i also wished you a happy birthday ;D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:25 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#124 date=10/28/05 at 07:07:04]<br>But I can't be sad today - it's my birthday and I've just been anonymously Interflora'd!  Life is good. <br>:)<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Happy Happy Boiythday Floss!  ;D<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:34 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#131 date=10/29/05 at 05:10:02]<br>...I think I'm gonna give this place a miss for a while....[/quote]<br><br>bye bye, oh, and say hello to never come back :-/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:46 am 

[quote author=amnesia link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=120#134 date=10/30/05 at 03:34:21]<br><br>bye bye, oh, and say hello to never come back :-/[/quote]<br><br>The good die young, and the nasty little fucks live forever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:38 am 

Id still fuck paris hilton then leave her and stream the tape on z.com  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:11 pm 

I never thought about Frank raising a baby during those times :o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:03 pm 

[quote author=Cranky_Viola link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=135#138 date=03/18/06 at 19:11:38]I never thought about Frank raising a baby during those times :o[/quote]According to that asshole, Barry Miles, Frank was just the kind of dad nobody would want for a dad. Neglectful, thinking of the kids as annoyances getting in the way of his work and not much more than the guy who punished them but kept them out of his life as much as possible.<br><br>That is, if you believe everything that asshole biographer Barry Miles tells you -- but he wants to sell a huge number of books because the more he sells the bigger his bank account gets.<br><br>--Batchain<br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:28 pm 
Banned

Every time I read about that stupid book, I become more and more glad that I didn't buy it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:13 pm 

I'm sure Frank tried to keep the kids out of the way when he worked but just by the way they {the z kids} talk about dad he sounds like he was a really neat guy to have as a father.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:19 am 

the Z kicds are so worried about trying to be at the height of<br>frank...<br>that they have forgot about themselves...<br>now, that's a waste...sometimes...(diva is apart)<br>hey dwessyl\\¥¥¥¥†<br>remember?????

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:57 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=135#140 date=03/18/06 at 21:28:42]Every time I read about that stupid book, I become more and more glad that I didn't read it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.[/quote]<br><br> :-/ But did you buy it? Did Miles get your money?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:12 am 

[quote author=BBP link=board=legends;num=1040093586;start=135#143 date=03/19/06 at 04:57:56]<br><br> :-/ But did you buy it? Did Miles get your money?[/quote]<br><br>A friend bought me Barry Miles book for Christmas, it's really boring. For an author to continuously quote Zappa from TRFZB makes it even more bizzare. So, the gift was much appreciated for the thought not the contents.  8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:18 am 

That's good... I bought it at 40 euros (!), and wanted to send it back. That plan turned out to be too expensive, so I gave it away to a fellow Zappa fan who never finished reading it.<br>But please, if you want to prevent other people from buying it... You could write a review of it and put it on my site.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:12 am 

I didn't buy or read Barry Miles' book because of all the reports of factual errors, lack of original material and nasty tone towards the subject. However, I do feel the definitive bio on FZ still needs to be written, most of them just seem to rehash stuff any big Zappa fan already knows. <br><br>I hope someone will conduct new interviews with a lot of former band members. Most of them are still alive but not exactly getting any younger, so now would be the time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:13 am 

eh, I bought it (the softbound edition) for half the price of the hardback...glad I went the cheap route. maybe your libraries will put it in stock so you won't have to waste your money on this swill like others have  >:(<br><br>save your money

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:56 am 

take the pictures out of the book by barry miles and the rest of it might as well be in the atlantic ocean.the book(frank zappa negative dialectics of poodle play) is a good book i think. getting the real book now on line by peter Occhiogrosso that the best of the books i heard it must be to if zappa write it  :-*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next