Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:44 am 

[quote author=Cleon link=board=quotes;num=1114044962;start=15#24 date=01/13/06 at 12:43:05]never no way those really the lyrics for you are wha you is ;)<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Aha! Sorry I missunderstood your post  :-/

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:47 am 

There's an ugly little weasel 'bout three-foot nine<br>Face puffed up from cryin' 'n lyin'<br>'Cause her sweet little hubby's<br>Suckin' prong part time<br>(In the name of The Lord)<br><br>Get a clue, little shrew<br>Oh yeah, oh yeah<br>Jesus thinks you're a jerk<br><br>Did he really choose Tammy to do His Work?<br>Robertson says that he's The One<br>Oh sure he is,<br>if Armageddon<br>Is your idea of family fun,<br>An' he's got some planned for you!<br>(Now, tell me that ain't true)<br><br>Now, what if Jimbo's slightly gay,<br>Will Pat let Jimbo get away?<br>Everything we've heard him say<br>Indicated that Jim must pay,<br>(And it just might hurt a bit)<br>But keep that money rollin' in,<br>'Cause Pat and naughty Jimbo<br>Can't get enough of it<br><br>Perhaps it's their idea<br>Of an Affirmative Action Plan<br>To give White Trash a 'special break';<br>Well, they took those Jeezo-bucks and ran<br>To the bank! To the bank! To the bank! To the bank!<br>And every night we can hear them thank<br>Their Buddy, up above<br>For sending down his love<br>(While you all smell the glove)<br><br>Jim and Pat should take a pole<br>(Right up each saintly glory-hole),<br>With tar and feathers too --<br>Just like they'd love to do to you<br><br>('Cause they think you are bad --<br>And they are very mad)<br><br>'Cause some folks don't want prayer in school!<br><br>(We'd need an ark to survive the drool<br>Of Micro-publicans, raised on hate,<br>And 'Jimbo-Jimbo' when they graduate)<br><br>Conviced they are 'The Chosen Ones' --<br>And all their parents carry guns,<br>And hold them cards in the N.R.A.<br>(With their fingers on the triggers<br>When they kneel and pray)<br><br>With a Ku-Klux muu-muu<br>In the back of the truck,<br>If you ain't Born Again,<br>They wanna mess you up, screamin':<br>"No abortion, no-siree!"<br>"Life's too precious, can't you see!"<br>(What's that hangin' from the neighbor's tree?<br>Why, it looks like 'colored folks' to me --<br>Would THEY do THAT...seriously?)<br><br>Imagine if you will<br>A multi-millionaire Television Evangelist,<br>Saved from Korean Combat duty by his father, a U.S. Senator<br><br>Studied Law --<br>But is not qualified to practice it<br><br>Father of a "love child"<br>Who, in adulthood, hosts the remnants<br>Of papa's religious propaganda program<br><br>Claims not to be a "Faith Healer",<br>But has, in the past,<br>Dealt stearnly with everything from hemorrhoids to hurricanes<br><br>Involved with funding for a 'secret war' in Central America<br>Claiming Ronald Reagan and Oliver North as close friends<br><br>Involved in suspicous 'tax-avoidance schemes',<br>(Under investigation for 16 months by the I.R.S.)<br><br>Claims to be a MAN OF GOD;<br>Currenty seeking the United States Presidency,<br>Hoping we will all follow him into --<br>The Twilight Zone<br><br>What if Pat gets in the White House,<br>And suddenly --<br>The rights of 'certain people' disappear<br>Mysteriously?<br><br>Now, wouldn't that sort of qualify<br>As an American Tragedy?<br>(Especially if he covers it up, sayin'<br>"Jesus told it to me!")<br><br>I hope we never see that day,<br>In The Land of The Free --<br>Or someday will we?<br>Will we?<br><br>And if you don't know by now,<br>The truth of what I'm tellin' you,<br>Then, surely I have failed somehow --<br><br>And Jesus will think I'm a jerk, just like you --<br>If you let those TV Preachers<br>Make a monkey out of you!<br><br>I said:<br>"Jesus will think you're a jerk"<br>And it will be true!<br><br>There's an old rugged cross<br>In the land of cutton --<br>It's still burnin' on somebody's lawn<br>And it still smells rotten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:07 am 

Who Needs The Peace Corps/Concentration Moon<br><br><br>What's there to live for?<br>Who needs the peace corps?<br>Think I'll just DROP OUT<br>I'll go to Frisco<br>Buy a wig & sleep<br>On Owsley's floor <br><br>Walked past the wig store<br>Danced at the Fillmore<br>I'm completely stoned<br>I'm hippy & I'm trippy<br>I'm a gypsy on my own<br>I'll stay a week & get the crabs &<br>Take a bus back home<br>I'm really just a phony<br>But forgive me<br>'Cause I'm stoned <br><br>Every town must have a place<br>Where phony hippies meet<br>Psychedelic dungeons<br>Popping up on every street<br>GO TO SAN FRANCISCO . . . <br><br>How I love ya, How I love ya<br>How I love ya, How I love ya Frisco!<br>How I love ya, How I love ya<br>How I love ya, How I love ya<br>Oh, my hair is getting good in the back! <br><br>Every town must have a place<br>Where phony hippies meet<br>Psychedelic dungeons<br>Popping up on every street <br>GO TO SAN FRANCISCO . . . <br><br>Hotcha! <br><br>First I'll buy some beads<br>And then perhaps a leather band<br>To go around my head<br>Some feathers and bells<br>And a book of Indian lore<br>I will ask the Chamber Of Commerce<br>How to get to Haight Street<br>And smoke an awful lot of dope<br>I will wander around barefoot<br>I will have a psychedelic gleam in my eye at all times<br>I will love everyone<br>I will love the police as they kick the shit out of me on the street<br>I will sleep . . .<br>I will, I will go to a house<br>That's, that's what I will do<br>I will go to a house<br>Where there's a rock & roll band<br>'Cause the groups all live together<br>And I will join a rock & roll band<br>I will be their road manager<br>And I will stay there with them<br>And I will get the crabs<br>But I won't care<br>Because . . .<br><br>Concentration Moon<br>Over the camp in the valley<br>Concentration Moon<br>Wish I was back in the alley<br>With all of my friends,<br>Still running free:<br>Hair growing out<br>Every hole in me<br>AMERICAN WAY<br>How did it start?<br>Thousands of creeps<br>Killed in the park<br>AMERICAN WAY<br>Try and explain<br>Scab of a nation<br>Driven insane<br>Don't cry<br>Gotta go bye bye<br>SUDDENLY: DIE DIE<br>COP KILL A CREEP! pow pow pow <br><br>Gary Kellgren: Tomorrow I get to do another Frank Zappa creation . . . and the day after that . . . and the day after that . . . also at the same time I get to work with The Velvet Underground which is as shitty a group as Frank Zappa's group <br><br>JCB: Hi, boys & girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group <br><br>Concentration Moon<br>Over the camp in the valley<br>Concentration Moon<br>Wish I was back in the alley<br>With all of my friends,<br>Still running free:<br>Hair growing out<br>Every hole in me<br>AMERICAN WAY<br>Threatened by US<br>Drag a few creeps<br>Away in a bus<br>AMERICAN WAY<br>Prisoner: lock<br>SMASH EVERY CREEP<br>IN THE FACE WITH A ROCK<br><br>Don't cry<br>Gotta go bye bye<br>SUDDENLY: DIE DIE<br>COP KILL A CREEP! pow pow pow <br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:38 am 

I just cant stop with disco boy it has so much meaning in calling them out wow thank you frank!!! bad music make people so ugly so nasty its a sickness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 am 

the radio is broken!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:48 am 

Whoever we are
Wherever we're from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behavior is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It's gonna take a lot more
Than tryin' to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether

They call it THE EARTH
Which is a dumb kinda name
But they named it right
'Cause we behave the same . . .
We are dumb all over
Dumb all over,
Yes we are
Dumb all over,
Near 'n far
Dumb all over,
Black 'n white
People, we is not wrapped tight

Nurds on the left
Nurds on the right
Religious fanatics
On the air every night
Sayin' the Bible
Tells the story
'N makes the details
Sound real gory
'Bout what to do
If the geeks over there
Don't believe in the book
We got over here

You can't run a race
Without no feet
'N pretty soon
There won't be no street
For dummies to jog on
Or doggies to dog on
Religious fanatics
Can make it be all gone
(I mean it won't blow up
'N disappear
It'll just look ugly
For a thousand years . . . )

You can't run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state

TO ARMS! TO ARMS!
Hooray! That's great
Two legs ain't bad
Unless there's a crate
They ship the parts
To mama in
For souvenirs: two ears (Get Down!)
Not his, not hers (but what the hey?)
The Good Book says:
"It gotta be that way!"
But their book says:
"REVENGE THE CRUSADES . . .
With whips 'n chains
'N hand grenades . . . "
TWO ARMS? TWO ARMS?
Have another and another
Our God says:
"There ain't no other!"
Our God says
"It's all okay!"
Our God says
"This is the way!"

It says in the book:
"Burn 'n destroy . . .
'N repent, 'n redeem
'N revenge, 'n deploy
'N rumble thee forth
To the land of the unbelieving scum on the other side
'Cause they don't go for what's in the book
'N that makes 'em BAD
So verily we must choppeth them up
And stompeth them down
Or rent a nice French bomb
To poof them out of existance
While leaving their real estate just where we need it
To use again
For temples in which to praise
OUR GOD
("Cause he can really take care of business!")

And when his humble TV servant
With humble white hair
And humble glasses
And a nice brown suit
And maybe a blonde wife who takes phone calls
Tells us our God says
It's okay to do this stuff
Then we gotta do it,
'Cause if we don't do it,
We ain't gwine up to hebbin!
(Depending on which book you're using at the time . . . Can't use theirs . . . it don't work . . . it's all lies . . . Gotta use mine . . . )
Ain't that right?
That's what they say
Every night . . .
Every day . . .
Hey, we can't really be dumb
If we're just following God's Orders
Hey, Let's get serious . . .
God knows what he's doin' . . .
He wrote this book here
An' the book says:
"He made us all to be just like Him," so . . .
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little ugly on the side)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:07 pm 

What will you do if we let you go home,
And the plastic's all melted and so is the chrome?
Who are the brain police?

What will you do when the label comes off,
And the plastic's all melted and the chrome is too soft?

What will you do if the people you knew
Were the plastic that melted and the chromium, too?

and...

Call any vegetable (Call any vegetable)
Call it by name (Call any vegetable)
Call one today (Call any vegetable)
When you get off the train (Call any vegetable)

Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
O-oh, the vegetable will respond to you

Some people don't go for prunes ... I dunno ... I've always found that if they ...

Call any vegetable (Call any vegetable)
Pick up your phone (Call any vegetable)
Think of a vegetable (Call any vegetable)
Lonely at home (Call any vegetable)

Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
That a vegetable will respond to you-hoooo

Ruta-bay-ay-ayga
Ruta-bay-ay-ayga
Ruta-bay-ay-ayga
Ruta-bay-ay-ayga
Ruta-bay-y-y ...

A prune isn't really a vegetable. Cabbage is a vegetable.

No one will know if you don't want to let 'em know
No one will know 'less it's you that might tell 'em so
Call and they'll come to you covered with dew
Vegetables dream of responding to you
Standing there shiny & proud by your side
Holding your hand while the neighbors decide
Why is a vegetable something to hide?

Then of course...

What's the ugliest part of your body?
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose some say your toes
But I think it's YOUR MIND I think it's your mind, woo woo

All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control

A plague upon your ignorance

and the gray despair of your ugly life

Where did Annie go, when she went to town? Who are all those creeps that she brings around?

All your children are poor unfortunate victims of lies you believe

A plague upon your ignorance

That keeps the young from the truth they deserve.