Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:39 am 

What would be your favourite Zappa Quote of all time?<br><br>Mine Would Be the one he says that Stupidity is the building blocks od the universe, as oposed to Hidrogenium, beacause  it is the most plentyfull matter in the Universe...!!!<br>ARF...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:33 pm 

The complete quote, for as far as I know:<br><br>Some scientist claim the hydrogen, because it is so plentifull,<br>is the basic building block of the universe.<br>I dispute that.<br>I say there is more studpidity then hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.<br><br>And this is also a very nice one:<br><br>Information is not knowledge<br>Knowledge is not wisdom<br>Wisdom is not thruth<br>Thruth is not beauty<br>Beauty is not love<br>Love is not music. Music is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:00 pm 

"Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible."<br><br>it isn't funny or so, but it is very very true.<br>(& it didn't fit in the space at the right in its original form)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:48 pm 

there are lots of good ones out there. some of my favourites (that haven't already been mentioned) are<br><br>"art is making something out of nothing then selling it"<br><br>"the united states is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced"<br><br>"communism doesnt work because people like to own stuff"<br><br>"people don't appreciate excelence because they are so used to exaulting the achievments of the mediocre"<br><br>"Drop out of school before your mind rots from exposure to our mediocre educational system. Forget about the Senior Prom and go to the library and educate yourself if you've got any guts. Some of you like pep rallies and plastic robots who tell you what to read."<br><br>"One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds."<br><br>"Without deviation progress is not possible."<br><br>"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows."

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enfroced

my msn messanger email is elemeno_peep@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:42 pm 

dont really know if its a quote so much,but'wheres my waitress ' says a lot for me right now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:48 am 

"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:59 am 

Rock journalism:  People who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read.<br><br>Music is the best.<br><br>Paraphrasing from an interview with Jane Pauley on the NBC Today show; they had shown a clip from Video From Hell wherein FZ was playing the guitar and Jane commented something like . . . Well we just saw you on stage playing the guitar and that isn't exactly what most people would think of as Father Knows Best (an old American TV program where dad was a real swell guy).  FZ responded:  Let me tell you something.  I just came from a country called Spain.  In that wonderful country, people think it's a good thing if you play the guitar; people respect you because you play a guitar.  Then I come to America and I get questions like you just asked, "How could he possibly be a good father when he plays the guitar?"<br><br>At the ASUC convention, after dissing the organization and their beliefs: And is that weren't bad enough, I make a living by playing the electric guitar.<br><br>It is my contention that every member of this band owes me a cheeseburger.<br><br>And turn up those goddamn handclaps!<br><br>I tell them to stop, shut up, and do exactly what I'm telling you.<br><br>Air sculpture.<br><br>Here's a special beer for sports; in paper cups that hold two quarts.<br><br>Better look around before you say you don't care; shut your fucking mouth about the length of my hair.<br><br>There will come a time where you won't even be ashamed if you are fat.<br><br>The influence of the frozen beef pie.<br><br>Shut up n play yer guitar.<br><br>How about that chord that Ray played?<br><br>And how many yous nice people believe that the gubmint be totally unconsouwned about de prooliforation uh undesirable tenents in the condominium er life.<br><br>Jesus thinks you're a jerk.<br><br>Captain Beefheart on vocals, soprano sax, and madness.<br><br>I don't wanna know about the things that you pull out of your nose, or where they goes.  But if you are wasted from the stuff you're sticking in then I get madder everyday 'cause what you do and what you say affects my life in such a way . . . I learn to hate it every minute.<br><br>And in case you've forgotten: Music is the best.<br><br>VCF<br>

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:50 am 

"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they will murder you in your sleep."<br><br>I never fully appreciated this one until I had teens of my own.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:04 am 

'Dumb All Over, A Little Ugly On The Side'<br><br>Sums us up really, doesn't it :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:50 pm 

All of the above, great, great stuff, plus here's some:<br><br>a curiously inconsistent piece which started out to be a BALLET but probably didn't make it<br><br>Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform and don't kid yourself.<br><br>A gypsy mutant industrial vacuum cleaner dances about a mysterious night time camp fire. <br><br>Ah, but it's a great time to be alive ladies and gentlemen, and that's the theme of our program for tonight...<br><br>You can't even speak your own fucking language<br>You can't read it anymore<br>You can't write it anymore<br><br>'Cause what they do in Washington<br>They just takes care of number one<br>And number one ain't you<br>You ain't even number two<br><br>I know that I shall not despair and cheat like all the rest<br>I'll just keep on with what I do the best<br><br> :'(   miss you Frank<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:05 am 

I enjoy doing things that are technically impossible and making them work.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:14 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=15#20 date=01/16/03 at 10:15:26] :o Makin' love to a vampire with a monkey on my knee :o[/quote]<br><br>That's the title of a Beefheart song on Doc At The Radar Station...did Frank utter it?

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:12 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=15#22 date=01/18/03 at 03:44:33]<br><br><br>(I only have known this song recently from a MP3 on my computer)[/quote]<br><br>You should check out the entire album, ZF...it's great! My own personal favorite quote from it is: "If you got ears, you gotta listen!" (my original signature line on this forum)<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:27 am 

There's a big differnce between kneeling down and bending over!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next