Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:30 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=90#99 date=06/11/04 at 05:23:30]DM: Do you have a sense of your audience today being the same as your original one? <br><br>FZ: You mean, are the people who buy my records the ones who started buying them in 1964-'65? <br>  <br>DM: Yeah, the Mothers Of Invention crowd. <br><br>FZ: No. I definitely know that it's not, even just referring to the letters that we receive, which are from all age groups. There's little or no communication from anybody that would fit the profile of an early MOI fanatic. There are a few of them still out there, but basically all they liked was that early stuff. And that's all they bought. That was it.<br> <br><br>I'm one of them, Frank, but I bought everything....  8)<br><br>(maybe I should add: eventually I did buy it all...)<br><br>From Don Menn's The Mother of All Interviews, 1992[/quote]<br><br>Yes eventually I did too!   ;D  Well, essentially!  Still a few more to go!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:30 am 

There a loads of them, but here's one I like: "Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny." ;)<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:26 am 

"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform !"<br><br>(Burnt Weenie Sandwich ?) ???<br><br>BLEK

Post subject: Chat Chat Chat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:18 am 

Chat!!!<br><br>The boys in the crew are just waiting for you!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:27 am 

<br>One of my favs:<br>http://jaypfunk.home.comcast.net/zappabj.mpeg<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:40 am 

[size="4]"EVERYTHING OVER A MOUTHFULL IS WASTED !" [/size]<br><br>200 Motels

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:27 pm 

"The most important thing about this instrument is... the way the air smells when it comes out of these holes"  8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:29 am 

That's right, you asked for it, remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over . . .  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:58 am 

i don't know if i read through every quotation, but I think the one I always keep in mind was not among them:<br><br>"A mind is like a parachute - it doesn't work if it's not open."<br><br>I read it somewhere and I'll always remember it cause it's so goddamn true and wise...<br><br>KEEP IT GREASY!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:28 am 

she's just like a penguin in bondage...boiiing<br> 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:47 pm 

brown shoes dont make it..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:17 pm 

"And I wanna tell ya, if there is anybody here who doesn't believe that it is FUCKING GREAT to be alive, I wish they would go now, because this show will bring them down so much . . . "

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:38 pm 

Yesssss.. its sooo perverted ...........!<br> this is the bebop tango ...<br>this is a hard one to play......<br>the cow bell, as a symbol of un-bridled passion, ladiies & gentlemen !!!!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:57 am 

"Music journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."  

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:48 pm 

"People, we is not wrapped tight" - Dumb all Over :P I also use "great googly moogly" a lot. It's such a useful phrase!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:31 pm 

easily my favorite quote....<br><br>"I detest love lyrics. I think one of the causes of bad mental health in the United States is that people have been raised on “love lyrics”<br>      You’re a young kid and you heard all those “love lyrics”, right? Your parents aren’t telling you the truth about love, and you can’t really learn it in school. You’re getting the bulk of your “behavioral norms” mapped out for you in the lyrics to some dumb fucking love song. It’s a subconscious training that creates a desire for an imaginary situation which will never exist for you. People who buy into this mythology go through life feeling like they got cheated out of something."<br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:19 am 

Alone in the hissing laboratory of his wishes,<br>Mr Pugh minces among bad vats and jerebaums,<br>spinneys of murdering herbs,<br>and prepares to compound for Mrs Pugh<br>a venomous porridge<br>hitherto unknown to toxicologists<br>which will scald and viper through her<br>'til her ears fall off like figs,<br>her toes grow big and black as balloons,<br>and steam comes screaming out of her navel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:18 am 

i got a new favorite...<br><br>Years ago in Germany when I was a very small boy, zere was a lot of people standing around on ze corners asking questions: "Why are you standing on ze corner, acting ze way you act, looking like you look? WHY DO YOU LOOK THAT WAY?" And they ask me and I only would say: "I don't . . . I don't know, I'm just standing 'round ze corner waiting here . . . just in . . . in ze evening, and . . . and it's so nice outside . . . the night is so nice . . . why . . . are you just asking these questions . . . "

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:49 pm 

oh fuck i'm goin' to need a truss!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next