Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:00 pm 

It just occured to me...The guy Neon Park created on the cover of WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH looks like Hugh Beaumont (a/k/a Ward Cleaver on Leave It To Beaver). Okay, he doesn't look exactly like him, but what do you all think?

somehow...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:44 am 

Here is a link to the cover of 'Man's Life' magazine from September 1956, which features the original 'Weasels Ripped My Flesh' concept:<br><br>http://www.enzothebaker.com/weasels.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:57 am 

I always thought the guy on the Weasles cover looked eerily like a Mr. Solomon whom I went to school with. And that would be something he'd do.......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:19 pm 

I always thought there was a similarity.  :)<br><br>Also, I have that Man's Life cover on my computer's desktop.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:03 pm 

I believe subsequent research might reveal it to be...<br><br>BOB DOBBS!!!!!<br>http://www.subgenius.com/index.html<br><br>JF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:19 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=JWFoust link=board=albums&num=1030248002&start=0#9 date=09/11/02 at 00:03:03]<br>I believe subsequent research might reveal it to be...<br><br>BOB DOBBS!!!!!<br>http://www.subgenius.com/index.html<br><br>JF<br>[/quote]<br>Cut me some slack, man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:08 pm 

Here's a good Weasels story, and it's true. Years ago when I was a senior at well known eastern boarding school, Weasels was my favorite album, so it was always lying out in my room. One day a classmate came into my room, and said he had just taken LSD. Well,.... we sat around listening to the record as the acid started to seep in to his system. Soon, he was mesmerized by the Weasels album cover. Soon after that, he began to hallucinate that a weasel was ON HIM! Soon after that he was running around the dorm screaming about the weasel, followed by concerned and perplexed teachers! Soon after that he was carted away to a local hospital where he was tranquilized. The next day he was expelled from school. Zappa was never implicated in the sad chain of events.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:40 pm 

Look, none of those guys look anything like the one on the Weasels cover. To me, it looks like a quite common office guy except his damn scary smile which is a real sinister one! I love it! Wish I had a smile like that!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:45 pm 

Say whatever you want about the upper half of the head;<br>the guy clearly has Lithgow's mouth and chin:<br><br>Image Image<br><br>[move][glow=red,2,300]WHUH Oh!!![/glow][/move]<br><br>Image<br><br>(the smile is better displayed here, but not the teeth)<br><br>

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:52 am 

Vaposlob, I think yer onto something there! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:06 am 

It's the guy that says, "that's right folks' don't touch that dial" on  I'm the Slime.<br><br>Sure it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:24 pm 

butch wrote:
It's the guy that says, "that's right folks' don't touch that dial" on  I'm the Slime.

Sure it is.

kin vassey :?

sorry butch sorry better try it again

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:50 pm 

hmmmmm ... he also sang yippy-ty-o-ty-ayy

eric vassy (dvassy@siebel.com) wrote:
saw the name on your website.  thought you'd be interested in know that my cousin kin also sang backup (sometimes uncredited) on some elvis material as well

i was very surprised to find he had recorded with mr. zappa (of whom i am a fan) and only found out when reading liner notes.  when i asked about why he never told me (he had been a musical hero since i was a child) he said he didn't really tell many of his family members because of frank's reputation. kin came from a pretty conservative southern family. he used to, on occasion, come to family reunions and sing with myself and some other family members, all of whom are fairly musical.  i didn't talk to him much, but know some musicians in nashville who he helped guide through their careers.  he had 2 top 40 country hits and wrote or co-wrote many songs that were performed by others. enjoyed you zappa site

gloria vassy (day-glow@webtv.net) wrote:
hi i was married to kin from 1964 to 1972. during that time, kin was singing with the back porch majority,had a solo career, joined the first edition,and then zappa. we were separate by the time zappa came around, so i don't know too much about that era. kin had quite a life. we had a daughter, karla. in addition to his resume, kn also sang back up for lionel ritchie's all nite long album my first night alone without you, was written for me when we split up. the song was first recorded by jane olivor and the title of her firstalbum. ray charles also recorded it. don't know which album. maybe you could help me fnd that one. he overcame many obstacles by working hard on himself and thru all that became agreat person. he helped so many people with their careers, like faith hill. she was his receptionist in nashville. he left nashville in 1992 &came back to l.a. to put a touring version of the first edition, along with terr williams,another former member. this is when he found out he had cancer,b& within 6o he died

he is greatly missed by all & i lost mybest friend. i never in my life have heard anyone sing like hm & never will. thank you for your interest in one of the most brilliantly talented people that ever lived. sincerely, gloria vassy

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:18 pm 

I've thought a lot about this and now I'm sure that is RONALD REAGAN, when was a young actor.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:58 pm 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=albums;num=1030248002;start=15#23 date=03/27/03 at 15:18:28]I've thought a lot about this and now I'm sure that is RONALD REAGAN, when was a young actor.[/quote]<br><br>He's GOT the hair...

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:35 am 

To me the Paul Daughety phot looks the most like he WEASAL  cover guy, but thanks to all of you for posting those photos .This is too much!